Gaga should have released Princess Die on Joanne

AIex

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gabeoz
8 minutes ago, babs said:

Gaga should have released Princess DIE. Period.

This. Princess Die is one of my fav songs from her. Too bad we never got to see a studio version. (I even sang it today driving on my way to work)

TimisaMonster

No...she should've released You and I and BTW (Country Road Version) on Joanne :madge:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

misunderstood

I think it fits perfectly I was talking to my mom a few hours ago and I realized that Princess Die would've def been on the "Decay of Fame" concept she always talked about. She for sure had an album ready in early June and I'm sure PD was on it because it's like the perfect vibe of it. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the title track either. Joanne was the album after ARTPOP, the era of ARTPOP was a hard time for her and everyone was trying to crush her, it would've been a good response to them and her depression she could talk about too. 

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

itsjustlucarifc

Lyrically "Princess Die" is quite hard to swallow as listener. If anything she should have released inbetween "Born This Way" and "ARTPOP" online perhaps in an acoustic studio setting. It is by far one of my LEAST favorite Gaga songs to date and really encompasses the "inbetween" phases between albums where an artist doesn't particularly know which direction they are going to head in. I'm not entirely sure if it was 100% self-composed or not but there was a lot of lyrical editing that could have and would have needed to place if it were to see its place on "ARTPOP" let alone years later on "Joanne."

15jocart

Why do fans insist on Gaga releasing years old material on her latest projects? I honestly doubt this song even came to her mind when writing and recording Joanne.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Sailor

"Princess Die" is controversial.

The day she says "**** the media, **** the critics" and releases it will be a great, great day.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

crackpoppodcast

Idk. It always seemed to me like this was her pleading for us to understand that she's sad and lonely and has had suicidal thoughts because of her isolation of fame. And I just think that was really too personal for her to ever really share with the world. It was more just a "so you, my most loyal and dear fans should know" kind of deal.

3 hours ago, itsjustlucarifc said:

It is by far one of my LEAST favorite Gaga songs to date

@Admin ban him

RochestrMonstr

Why would it have to replace Angel Down though? I was almost ok with the idea of PD being on Joanne until that part ruined it.  

It would have fit better on ARTPOP though.  

itsjustlucarifc
1 hour ago, AIex said:

@Admin ban him

Can @Admin ban you for trashing "Angel Down" the beautiful and timeless masterpiece? :trollga:

BloodyM
3 hours ago, daddybunny said:

Idk. It always seemed to me like this was her pleading for us to understand that she's sad and lonely and has had suicidal thoughts because of her isolation of fame. And I just think that was really too personal for her to ever really share with the world. It was more just a "so you, my most loyal and dear fans should know" kind of deal.

I agree with you. Princess Die was a plead. I also think that Gaga went through therapy after ARTPOP/depression hence why she's more laid back now a days and not as 'crazy' as she used to be!  Princess Die is one of Gaga's best songs to date, clever lyrics and emotional to say the least. 

Archived