šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Tyler the Creator: "I don't like black dudes I only like white guys"

Lanius

Featured Posts

duskball

I'm iffy about his. I mean I am cause I can get it cause I don't find white dudes attractive so šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShayCristoforo

OK GUYS.
The issue is that when you say "I don't like ___" or "I only like ___", what you are indirectly sayingĀ is that NO ONEĀ of that other race(s)Ā can be attractive to you. Which is in fact racist. Maybe not harshly racist, but it is racist nonetheless.Ā 
ThereĀ are multitudesĀ of underprivileged and underrepresented minorities who are considered less desirable due to stigmas and stereotypes, etc.
So this infuriates me tbh, becauseĀ he is a black male with power who has chosen to further code black menĀ in a certain way.Ā If he had said "my preference is white guys", or "I USUALLY go for white guys",Ā that's another story. It's about the consequences, not the intent, especially when you make a living in the public eye. We need to demand more responsibility and accountability from celebrities, or else gtfo and go get a day job.Ā Ā Ā 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

NCgaga
15 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

OK GUYS.
The issue is that when you say "I don't like ___" or "I only like ___", what you are indirectly sayingĀ is that NO ONEĀ of that other race(s)Ā can be attractive to you. Which is in fact racist. Maybe not harshly racist, but it is racist nonetheless.Ā 
ThereĀ are multitudesĀ of underprivileged and underrepresented minorities who are considered less desirable due to stigmas and stereotypes, etc.
So this infuriates me tbh, becauseĀ he is a black male with power who has chosen to further code black menĀ in a certain way.Ā If he had said "my preference is white guys", or "I USUALLY go for white guys",Ā that's another story. It's about the consequences, not the intent, especially when you make a living in the public eye. We need to demand more responsibility and accountability from celebrities, or else gtfo and go get a day job.Ā Ā Ā 

Makes sense. I agree to an extent. However, some say that "I prefer _____ " is racist, which it isn't.Ā 

Ā 

"I Prefer Black guys" - not racist

"I only date Black guys" - racist.Ā 

FATCAT
On 7/20/2017 at 11:51 AM, ShayCristoforo said:

The issue is that when you say "I don't like ___" or "I only like ___", what you are indirectly sayingĀ is that NO ONEĀ of that other race(s)Ā can be attractive to you. Which is in fact racist.Ā 

No it isn't. Are Gay men sexist because they can't be attracted to ANY WOMEN?

I think the statement is limiting, and they're probably wrong (meaning they probably do like/could find someone in every race they're attracted to) but it's not racist to have unchangeable preferences to your own or another race.

Purr more, hiss less.

uo111
2 hours ago, FATCAT said:

No it isn't. Are Gay men sexist because they can't be attracted to ANY WOMEN?

I think the statement is limiting, and they're probably wrong (meaning they probably do like/could find someone in every race they're attracted to) but it's not racist to have unchangeable preferences to your own or another race.

The people who say these things don't mean to be racist, but the statement is without a doubt racist for the exact reason you mentioned, they think their preferences for aĀ race is unchangeable, but it's definetely not. It's a self fulfilling prophecy though.

"I'm not attracted to black men."

*meetsĀ black man that you are attracted too

*thinks to self, that's silly, I'm not attracted to black men

Claiming to notĀ be attracted to a certain race serves no purpose except to keep yourself from ever loving someone of that race.

Sizzily

I don't think the gay men not being attracted to women is the same thing as someone not being attracted to a race. But idc soĀ :lana:

One Banned Boi

Chic

I'm not attracted to people with skin that's too dark or too light. Lighter skinned African American people are attractive to me.

Archived