Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering
3 hours ago, Stef said:

How many weeks did Joanne spend in the top 20 before the SuperBowl tho 

In the top twenty? Eight weeks. 

What's that have to do with the topic of the BB 200? 

FATCAT
On 7/14/2017 at 11:42 PM, Talent said:

What's the reason for this thread? Yeah, the era is doing terrible, but let it go. Are we Madonna fans now? 

We had a similar one for Joanne and other albums. If this thread was a year from now, it'd still be done.

Purr more, hiss less.

StrawberryBlond

Oh, my, this just keeps getting worse and worse for her. Good thing those US dates are starting in 2 months because if it was much later, she'd really struggle to stay relevant enough to sell tickets. I don't know how on earth she's going to sell tickets abroad for shows that don't begin until June 2018. No wonder she's giving away 8000 tickets in Australia because there's no way she's going to garner any new interest in her work from now until then. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all the dates which will be a major downgrade from her previous tours. It really does remind me of the Artrave, right down to the dramatic decrease in Oceania dates, including the exclusion of NZ. But at least Gaga did Asian dates, something I don't think Katy could do right now in any capacity. I can only imagine what she's going through right now. Her entire career has been about being a chart success and she's proven to take it really badly when it doesn't work out for her. The follow-up to this album is going to be the most interesting thing of all, but it'll be another 3 years or so until we get that unless her label demand she makes a new album much sooner to make up for this flop. Question is, what angle will she take? I predict it'll be back to her acoustic roots and asking people to call her Kathryn. She saw it work for Gaga and has been wanting to do this for a while anyway. I don't see any other route she could possibly take.

prince
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Oh, my, this just keeps getting worse and worse for her. Good thing those US dates are starting in 2 months because if it was much later, she'd really struggle to stay relevant enough to sell tickets. I don't know how on earth she's going to sell tickets abroad for shows that don't begin until June 2018. No wonder she's giving away 8000 tickets in Australia because there's no way she's going to garner any new interest in her work from now until then. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all the dates which will be a major downgrade from her previous tours. It really does remind me of the Artrave, right down to the dramatic decrease in Oceania dates, including the exclusion of NZ. But at least Gaga did Asian dates, something I don't think Katy could do right now in any capacity. I can only imagine what she's going through right now. Her entire career has been about being a chart success and she's proven to take it really badly when it doesn't work out for her. The follow-up to this album is going to be the most interesting thing of all, but it'll be another 3 years or so until we get that unless her label demand she makes a new album much sooner to make up for this flop. Question is, what angle will she take? I predict it'll be back to her acoustic roots and asking people to call her Kathryn. She saw it work for Gaga and has been wanting to do this for a while anyway. I don't see any other route she could possibly take.

As much as I think this part of what you're saying could be taken as a joke I think you're right. She won't wait 3 years for her next album and when it arrives it'll be less bubbly pop and more meaningful and softer I think 

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, prince said:

As much as I think this part of what you're saying could be taken as a joke I think you're right. She won't wait 3 years for her next album and when it arrives it'll be less bubbly pop and more meaningful and softer I think 

Well, it's part joke, part serious. She's taken inspiration from Gaga before, she could do it again. But also, she's been talking this era about not wanting to be Katy Perry anymore and cutting her hair was her way of trying escape this alter ego and be her own person. I think she feels stifled by the pop persona that is Katy Perry and wants to do something more acoustic, more heartfelt, less for the kids. I think she's trying to be more mature in her 30's and is finding it hard because she's been made to be so kid-friendly up until now that she doesn't really know how to do mature music. But I'm sure she'd love to make an album of indie rock and ballads, it's just a matter of if her label will allow it. Like I said, she might turn it out sooner than we think. She's said before that she likes 3 years between albums and Witness was coming up to 4 years but it's doubtful she'll be allowed to be out of the scene that long for fear that another lengthy break would end her career for good. Capitol know how to run a business and keep artists relevant. Even RCA with its many promotional failures made Xtina push out another album 2 years after Bionic. But they've just left her to her own devices ever since, sadly.

LaLuna

giphy.gif

And don't even try to make me feel bad for her, it's not gonna work :trollga:

blackpink

Where have the Kats gone? Why aren't they supporting mother Kat? 

DEbS_jfXUAArFZq?format=jpg

Tsunami, Bigger Than Me & Deja Vu are so good! 

chrismugler

We all knew this era was her floppy version of the iconic ARTPOP era. I liked the record but it's not her best, so:bye:

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

Stef
5 hours ago, Whispering said:

In the top twenty? Eight weeks. 

What's that have to do with the topic of the BB 200? 

Because the OP of the AP thread stated Joanne spent ten weeks in the top 20. Which made me curious as to how many weeks it would’ve spent if not for its second wind with the SuperBowl :hor: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

ARTPOPism

I have nothing against Katy but I truly despise a huge part of her fans. The only thing that's in my mind right now it's how hard they were on Gaga when ARTPOP was released.. karma's a b****, isn't?

KZcy1FD.gif                                

theahsfan
14 hours ago, monster987 said:

Am I the only one who loves Witness?

200.webp#137-grid1

I like Hey Hey Hey, Miss You More, Bigger Than Me, Save As Draft

This was easily her weakest album to date, lyrically and sonically. She needs to patch things up with Bonnie Mckee and go back to square one.

Archived