Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madonna: Whitney Houston, Sharon Stone are “Horribly Mediocre”

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Urine Blonde
2 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

HOW DOES SHE DARE INSULTING WHITNEY

She was and will always be the only legend in the woman music world.

what? are you for real? :awkney:

what about Aretha Franklin? Tina Turner? Barbra Streisand? Janis Joplin? Diana Ross? Cher? Dolly Parton? Donna Summer? Kate Bush? Nina Simone? Stevie Nicks? Patti Smith? Debbie Harry? Björk?

girl read a book.. :trollga:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mary Jane Wayne

Whitney might be more talented than Madonna BUT it doesn't make her "not mediocre"

Her music is a snoozefest and she has never done anything artistically challenging in her life.

Queen M is right (as usual) 

But a big portion of GGD is against the queen of pop. Its not hard to predict the reaction this thread will get 

Mary Jane Wayne
7 hours ago, John Slayne said:

not y'all trying to trash talk Madge for some 25 years old letter :sharon: 

and besides, it was a personal letter, it wasn't meant to be shared and see nothing wrong with her expressing her opinion in private??? and please read the whole thing at least before you comment, thx

just say you hate Madonna and go

Exactly. We freely express our opinions about different artists all day. How is this different from Madonna doing the exact same thing? Everyone has the right of sharing their opinion. I am tired of celebrities being put on such a high pedestal. They're human beings just like all of us-of course they do have their own opinions. It's also not like she publicly dissed them. It was a private letter and whoever auctioned this needs to get a life 

Infinity Wave
1 hour ago, UrineBlonde said:

what? are you for real? :awkney:

what about Aretha Franklin? Tina Turner? Barbra Streisand? Janis Joplin? Diana Ross? Cher? Dolly Parton? Donna Summer? Kate Bush? Nina Simone? Stevie Nicks? Patti Smith? Debbie Harry? Björk?

girl read a book.. :trollga:

I agree for all of them except for Bjork.. are YOU for real?? :selena:

Colourful

Urine Blonde
16 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

I agree for all of them except for Bjork.. are YOU for real?? :selena:

girl I am done with you since the moment you wrote "Whitney is the only legend in the woman music world" :ladyhaha:

and yes Björk, you probably need to listen to more quality music and I could help if you want :trollga:

darkwolf
4 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Even Sharon can understand what this letter was about more than half GGD :smh: 

It's not that they don't understand it (if it's even real), but that they love to hate Madonna :toofunny:. She has just opened a hospital in Malawi last week , and nobody talks about that.

Infinity Wave
2 hours ago, UrineBlonde said:

girl I am done with you since the moment you wrote "Whitney is the only legend in the woman music world" :ladyhaha:

and yes Björk, you probably need to listen to more quality music and I could help if you want :trollga:

I already listen to quality music, and thus I know which singer made the music history and Björk is not one of them. You probably need to learn to distinguish your opinions/thoughts from objective statements.

Get over the fact the Whitney was a one-of-a-kind singer (and woman) and than maybe you'll be able to accept the truth! 

Greets from a quality music listener and lover :hug:

Colourful

That J

Sharon and Madonna have worked together through charities and such since so they are fine.   Everyone wanted Whitneys voice. It was the shade of the 90s.  Everyone played. They just didn't all write it down. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

NCgaga
On 7/13/2017 at 1:07 PM, gagzus said:

Madonna? Mad at a black woman who had infinitely more talent and will have a longer legacy? Shocking it's not like she was the same with Janet Jackson or anything. 

And she can't talk about horribly mediocre when even in her peak she danced like an old white lady and spent time stealing ideas and causing controversy just to make up for a lack of talent. And before y'all come for me stop relying on age old reciepts and she's only called the QoP because she's white janet was and still has more original impact.

Whoa whoa whoa. Why are you being racist? First of all, Whitney is one of the best female vocalists of all time. Her and madonna actually formed a very good relationship through the years, in which madonna publicly talked about having a dream in which  Whitney  destroying her career. Second, Madonna does not have the vocal chops of Whitney Houston, but she shits all over Janet. Madonna constantly evolved her own style, and started trends. Her career always overshadowed janet's. Her voice is technically better than Janet's. Janet is a better dancer, but she in no way had an impact like Madonna or Janet's own Brother did. So don't you dare say anything about race, because the pop star, the king of pop- with the most influence on all pop male singers, is Michael. The woman version of that level of influence for all female pop singers is Madonna.  Just because you happen to prefer Janet over Madonna, in no way means that you are correct. It's just your opinion. 

gagzus
31 minutes ago, NCgaga said:

Whoa whoa whoa. Why are you being racist? First of all, Whitney is one of the best female vocalists of all time. Her and madonna actually formed a very good relationship through the years, in which madonna publicly talked about having a dream in which  Whitney  destroying her career. Second, Madonna does not have the vocal chops of Whitney Houston, but she shits all over Janet. Madonna constantly evolved her own style, and started trends. Her career always overshadowed janet's. Her voice is technically better than Janet's. Janet is a better dancer, but she in no way had an impact like Madonna or Janet's own Brother did. So don't you dare say anything about race, because the pop star, the king of pop- with the most influence on all pop male singers, is Michael. The woman version of that level of influence for all female pop singers is Madonna.  Just because you happen to prefer Janet over Madonna, in no way means that you are correct. It's just your opinion. 

how am I being racist? did i once drag a person of colour over their race? no i dragged madonna for being liked more for being white and threatened by women of colour, which she was; mariah and janet and now it's been revealed even whitney had her stiff self shaken.

"more impact than janet" Janet is credited as the originator of contemporary R&B... that alone speaks volumes of more impact when she was not only original and gave due credit to her influences and a strong black female artist, but she invented an entire genre with one album; The Velvet Rope. Janet influenced britney, beyonce and aaliyah some of the best female dancers in pop/R&B of the modern age she has even impacted Gaga, Tinashe and Rihanna with Gaga even making direct references to Rhythm Nation at the BTWB with her Scheiße performance, Madonna's impact is credited as sexuality in female music which many black females were doing for decades before her, her style was rip offs from old hollywood movie stars and black jazz, r&b and disco stars of the 60s and 70s and madonna was preferred and overshadowed janet purely because she was a diva and white which is what people loved in the 90s and still love even today hence why white mediocre artists like Taylor Swift are preferred more to some people sadly because sadly blackness has been considered nothing more than a trend, madonna even attempted to copy Janet's original genre by trying to emulate her R&B sound on Bedtime Stories but failing to do so. Many mediocre white artists have always overshadowed talented black artists and fyi Michael was not hailed as the KoP by EVERYONE mutually until the late 90s well passed his peak commercially (much like how Bad Romance only got praise in this fanbase excessively when Billboard started randomly overrating it in mid 2012 articles, but that's off topic), just because the King of Pop is black does not excuse the amount of race preference and colourism in music both today and racism that was very much still heavy in the 80s/90s music scene.

Madonna did not invent half of the things her stans claim she merely stole them from lesser known artists (mostly black ones) and exploited it with her whiteness in the 90s. Is she the queen of pop? commercially by making generic music and having sales yes, but in originality and original influence? Absolutely not. Janet wins with the sheer fact she created an entire genre and madonna just jumped onto the trends even in her peak.

Josip
19 minutes ago, gagzus said:

how am I being racist? did i once drag a person of colour over their race? no i dragged madonna for being liked more for being white and threatened by women of colour, which she was; mariah and janet and now it's been revealed even whitney had her stiff self shaken.

Preach it, sister! :pray:

NCgaga
3 hours ago, gagzus said:

"more impact than janet" Janet is credited as the originator of contemporary R&B... that alone speaks volumes of more impact when she was not only original and gave due credit to her influences and a strong black female artist, but she invented an entire genre with one album; The Velvet Rope. Janet influenced britney, beyonce and aaliyah some of the best female dancers in pop/R&B of the modern age she has even impacted Gaga, Tinashe and Rihanna with Gaga even making direct references to Rhythm Nation at the BTWB with her Scheiße performance, Madonna's impact is credited as sexuality in female music which many black females were doing for decades before her, her style was rip offs from old hollywood movie stars and black jazz, r&b and disco stars of the 60s and 70s and madonna was preferred and overshadowed janet purely because she was a diva and white which is what people loved in the 90s and still love even today hence why white mediocre artists like Taylor Swift are preferred more to some people sadly because sadly blackness has been considered nothing more than a trend, madonna even attempted to copy Janet's original genre by trying to emulate her R&B sound on Bedtime Stories but failing to do so. Many mediocre white artists have always overshadowed talented black artists and fyi Michael was not hailed as the KoP by EVERYONE mutually until the late 90s well passed his peak commercially (much like how Bad Romance only got praise in this fanbase excessively when Billboard started randomly overrating it in mid 2012 articles, but that's off topic), just because the King of Pop is black does not excuse the amount of race preference and colourism in music both today and racism that was very much still heavy in the 80s/90s music scene.

Madonna did not invent half of the things her stans claim she merely stole them from lesser known artists (mostly black ones) and exploited it with her whiteness in the 90s. Is she the queen of pop? commercially by making generic music and having sales yes, but in originality and original influence? Absolutely not. Janet wins with the sheer fact she created an entire genre and madonna just jumped onto the trends even in her peak.

By your logic, George Michael should have been a bigger pop star, than Michael Jackson, just because he was a white man, singing RnB influenced pop songs. I'm not a fan of neither, but I'm not going to be delusional. Madonna has better songs, and a technically better voice than Janet. Now, People can prefer one over the other. I like some of both of their songs. But the points you bring up are delusional. Janet DID NOT invent contemporary RnB. HAHAHA. Like, where did you grow up thinking that Janet was an actual RnB singer? Janet is dance pop, influenced by RnB, urban and rhythmic sounds, but she is in no way Contemporary RnB LOL. 

You dislike Madonna, so you aren't giving credit where it is due. You are blaming white people for preferring Madonna, not because she is more talented than Janet, but because she is white. Those same white people also made Michael Jackson and Prince two of the most successful Male singers in history. They also made Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey(even though she is only 1/4 black)  much more successful than Janet. Whitney and Mariah have sold between 300 and 500 million dollars worth of albums. Why? Because all of them are more talented than Janet. White Women weren't sexual until Madonna ripped of black women? What black woman was openly as sexual on stage as Madonna, before Madonna? If you're going to bring that up, than you should give credit to singers Like Grace Slyck, Janis Joplin, Cher and Bette Midler, who all had sexual performances, stage presence, before Madonna took it to another level. Before Janet was giving lap dances on stage, wearing only a bra in "I get so lonely(1997)", Madonna had done both of those things a decade before. Madonna paved the way for women, like Janet and other pop singers to be in your face/as openly sexual as popular male singers. Janet never, started being at least a little sexual, until 1994. By that time, Madonna had had at least 3 videos banned from MTV, for their cultural Impact. One about teen pregnancy, One about Female sexuality, the other about Race relations. Madonna's cultural impact, and musical librairy is MUCH larger than Janet's. Bedtime Stories was not just a pop/RnB album. IT was also influenced by EDM and other techno sounds, that weren't even on the radar at that point. Madonna has done, pop, dance pop, RnB pop,  rock, EDM, techno, rock, and broadway. When Janet can even touch that, you let me know. 

Don't question why Madonna is preferred over Janet. Facts and history always outweigh YOUR opinion. 

NCgaga

Why is this even a thing? I'm sure she probably wrote it. BUt, Madonna and Whitney had a good relationship. Later on they both only had respectful and admirable things to say to each other. Whitney's voice is much better than madonna's. Madonna is a better performer. NEither are mediocre.

Ronk
8 hours ago, darkwolf said:

It's not that they don't understand it (if it's even real), but that they love to hate Madonna :toofunny:. She has just opened a hospital in Malawi last week , and nobody talks about that.

Yes, and people don't talk about Gaga's good deeds either, and there are plenty.  It's far more important to drag Gaga for not releasing a video than to talk about the good she does for people.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived