Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madonna: Whitney Houston, Sharon Stone are “Horribly Mediocre”

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

androiduser
27 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Honestly she went through a lot in the early 90s, just saying

which of course gave her the right to be a bitter jealous person towards other female artists.... sure

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KingRedd
11 minutes ago, UrineBlonde said:

you said it "recent years" while the letter is from the early 90's..
Also, are you denying how ICONIC and LEGENDARY madonna is? let's be honest for a sec because Gaga wouldn't be the same without Madonna and thats something she mentioned herself..:trollga:

Madonna didn't dominate the 90s though right? (No shade, legit question).

I do think this isn't a huge deal. Everyone was so shady back in this time period: Mariah, Whitney, Madonna, etc. 

Madonna shouldn't be punished in 2017 for a letter penned in the 90s. 

May I Read You? 😎

Dominic

Are we actually gonna seethe over the words "horribly mediocre" from 20 years ago? Not a Madge fan but c'mon :rip:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

DeleteMyAccount

"whole other less interesting and exciting people are reaping the benefits of the roads I’ve paved."

In our situations I could see this happening with today's music industry. I think the most talented aren't getting what they deserve. On one hand Madonna does make some sense. I think that she was well ahead of her time and she was able to widen the gap of what music/art should be. But throwing Whitney under the bus is rude. Whitney couldn't help the fact that everyone loved her...

Runway

Lmao, she is terribly insecure. She just can't accept the fact there will be women more talented than she will ever be

GagaMyBlood95

lmao Whitney mediocre?

She was arguably the best vocalist, how can she say something like this just to justify herself and to defend herself? Horrible.

SlaeUrAnus

Whitney had a gift - she had one of the most powerful voices in history.

Sharon, on the other hand, is an incredible actress.

Sorry Madge, not with you on this.

In my messy era.

LUO YI

Call me an insecure bitter person but somehow I feel identified      :poot:

The night sky tells all

Anveeroy
47 minutes ago, Kermit said:

because pop culture followers love drama 

Pop culture is built on drama. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

xoxo Craig
26 minutes ago, UrineBlonde said:

you said it "recent years" while the letter is from the early 90's..
Also, are you denying how ICONIC and LEGENDARY madonna is? let's be honest for a sec because Gaga wouldn't be the same without Madonna and thats something she mentioned herself..:trollga:

Madonna was iconic. But her attitude has remained the same throughout her whole career; arrogant, selfish and she likes to bully others and talk others down.:madge::awkney:

Also, I didnt realise the letter is from the 90's. I guess thats when Madonna ised to be popular:madge: 

She doesnt respect others for their hardwork and achievements, she never has and never will:awkney:  

End Racism Now

TeenIdle

How can you call someone mediocre when they can sing 5 times better than you? :awkney:

That J

Guess what?   Shade happened 25 years ago too.  To use the words of a woman admitting she's being "foul" 25 years later is not what I'd consider news.  What IS news is the hospital Madonna helped build in Malawi that opened.....YESTERDAY.   See how media does?  Lol.  It's comical. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

TheBatman

Doubting the legitimacy of the letter. But even if it IS real, it was never meant to be read by the public. Clearly this was at one of her lowest points professionally and personally, and this was a private letter sent to a friend and never meant to be seen by anyone else's eyes. Seriously, none of you say mean **** about anyone when you are feeling really down? M has praised Whitney multiple times over the years since this time period.

The intentions for this letter leaking today are crystal clear, undermine M's achievements in Malawi and keep the narrative in media focused on bashing her. It sucks. 

Whitney obviously was anything BUT mediocre as a singer, she's arguably the greatest voice the industry has ever heard! However, M writes her music and invests her soul into every detail of her work, and Whitney sang songs other people gave her. Her material was good, but not edgy or thought provoking, and I think that's probably what she was referring to.

I STILL DON'T TRUST THAT THIS WAS WRITTEN BY HER THO--- the handwriting isn't quite right, the phrasing is weird compared to all the other examples of M's letters out there. I dunno. But it's shady as **** someone leaked this.

androiduser

Madonna fans are already trying to discredit this as being fake, and invasion of privacy, and justifying it by saying that Madonna was sad and depressed at the time... LOL so which is it?

Archived