Dominic
9 minutes ago, Monster Voices said:

Is this already in a new topic?

It was all fake news .. :laughga:

Haven't seen it posted yet. Get that hit thread  :golfclap:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

brit4ever
7 hours ago, evgenigerm2 said:

she's exploiting the whole pop culture by using what's trendy so she can become more popular - the backpack kid on SNL, Migos, Nicki, Gretchen, live stream for her album release with the most popular people on the internet, I'm disgusted

Katy is such a try-hard, pathetic!

Sexxx
2 minutes ago, chrismugler said:

The tea is extra hot today. Thank u Vicky:bye:

shame you're sipping on imaginary and false tea x

I'd never trust a drink from Vicky btw

1 hour ago, 15jocart said:

This kind of talk makes me so annoyed. "Exposure" is something you get through networking, not something that you're granted for doing your job for no pay. To try to hire a professional for free....that's extremely unprofessional in and of itself. Same with people who expect their friends who are creatives (graphic designers, musicians, etc.) to do them "favors" for free because they're friends. Something's gotta pay the bills...and letting people take advantage of you is not going to.

Um no. IT'S AN OFFER. An offer that if it's not right for you, you can decline it. This isn't rocket science. If you only want to do paid gigs because you have bills to pay then only accept paid gigs. Why is this concept so hard to grasp? 

chrismugler
17 minutes ago, Sexxx said:

shame you're sipping on imaginary and false tea x

I'd never trust a drink from Vicky btw

We're living under the Trump administration, don't blame me, blame the FAKE NEWS, such as Valentina's manager and uninformed Vicky Vox. The tea was sweet tho:toofunny::reductive:.

B.B.A. / Music Lover / Human.

15jocart
9 minutes ago, Harian said:

Um no. IT'S AN OFFER. An offer that if it's not right for you, you can decline it. This isn't rocket science. If you only want to do paid gigs because you have bills to pay then only accept paid gigs. Why is this concept so hard to grasp? 

The point is you shouldn't even offer such a ridiculous thing. If someone even asked me to write them a song for free, I'd laugh in their face because that's not how it works. Even asking a professional to offer services for free is unprofessional.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

4 minutes ago, 15jocart said:

The point is you shouldn't even offer such a ridiculous thing. If someone even asked me to write them a song for free, I'd laugh in their face because that's not how it works. Even asking a professional to offer services for free is unprofessional.

How is that ridiculous? It's a music video that is going to be seen by hundreds of millions of people. In the show business that's like hitting the lottery for promotion. It's not like they were asked to come rub her feet and do her makeup.:ladyhaha:

PS - that's how all music videos work. Also, when you are featured in music videos, you know you can raise your booking fees and stuff like that, right? Like being in a music video is one of the best things that could happen to a performer who relies on gigs for money. There are so many benefits I don't even know where to start 

ctherainbow
6 hours ago, Admin said:

It's a very fair comparison. A Katy Perry music video for an unknown person is just as big of an opportunity as the Super Bowl was for Gaga.

Unknown?  @Admin, I know you're a Katy fan, so you're invested in defending her, but let's not make false and rude claims here.  Vicky Vox may not be a celebrity on the same level as Katy, but she's far from unknown. Some of her accomplishments include:

- Appearing in Magic Mike XXL

- Opening a Marco Marco fashion show

- Starring in music videos as part of the drag group DWV that have been viewed over 30 million times

- She is also one of the most recognizable non-Drag Race drag queens out there

So she may not be a Katy Perry-level celebrity, but she is far from unknown, and is very relevant within the community that makes up the majority of members of this site.  If you could be a little more respectful and less partisan, it would be a great example for the other members, and would help cut down on stan wars in the future.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

3 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

Unknown?  @Admin, I know you're a Katy fan, so you're invested in defending her, but let's not make false and rude claims here.  Vicky Vox may not be a celebrity on the same level as Katy, but she's far from unknown. Some of her accomplishments include:

- Starring in music videos as part of the drag group DWV that have been viewed over 30 million times

So she may not be a Katy Perry-level celebrity, but she is far from unknown, and is very relevant within the community that makes up the majority of members of this site.  If you could be a little more respectful and less partisan, it would be a great example for the other members, and would help cut down on stan wars in the future.

So you'd have to watch MMXXL or a Marco Marco fashion or listen to DWV show to know who she is. So yeah..... Unknown. 

And im no fan of Katy Perry but let's call a spade a spade 

ctherainbow
3 minutes ago, Harian said:

So you'd have to watch MMXXL or a Marco Marco fashion or listen to DWV show to know who she is. So yeah..... Unknown. 

And im no fan of Katy Perry but let's call a spade a spade 

And I would have to listen to the radio, or go on GGD to know who Katy Perry is.   :huh:   What is your point?  If you are involved in drag culture at all (which a vast number of members here are), you know who she is.  I'm not even a fan of Vicky, but Admin could show more respect.

Someone who is "unknown" would be like... me.  I have my circle of family and friends who know me, but I do not have a following of fans.  Vicky has a fan base, and has had a good amount of exposure amongst the LGBT+ community.

I'm talkin' 'bout forever, baby.

MANiCURE1295
7 minutes ago, ctherainbow said:

Nah @Admin is too busy shitting on Gaga for releasing the Cure, he only contributes to Stan wars didn't you know??

15jocart
5 minutes ago, Harian said:

How is that ridiculous? It's a music video that is going to be seen by hundreds of millions of people. In the show business that's like hitting the lottery for promotion. It's not like they were asked to come rub her feet and do her makeup.:ladyhaha:

PS - that's how all music videos work. Also, when you are featured in music videos, you know you can raise your booking fees and stuff like that, right? Like being in a music video is one of the best things that could happen to a performer who relies on gigs for money. There are so many benefits I don't even know where to start 

I'm assuming you aren't someone who performs or creates for a living. That's fine, but that's not how any of this works at all.

I'm not sure how big of a part this person was supposed to get in said video, but I'd guess a significant amount of screen time. What you're saying is that people like Gaga's dancers, the people who play love interests, etc. are also expected to do that for free? There's literally no difference. Being a drag queen is this person's job, and they're not going to do it for free. To accept a proposition like this, from a mega star like KP and her team, is foolish. It's not a volunteer opportunity, it's a job opportunity. Key word being job, as in, they are supposed to be making money.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Archived