💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Drag Queen exposes Katy Perry

gag

Featured Posts

RAMROD
Just now, Cerny said:

Theater, movies, don't you think Drag Queens can make it to the mainstream? Tv shows. I believe they need more exposure, they're too good to be limited to clubs.

If you want money exclusively you can always decline, she seems to be the only one making a fuss out of this. What about the other Queens? It seems like she wants some free exposure on the internet after all.

Maybe she could also be pointed as spoke personin this issue? Who knows :shrug:

By the way, I never know such kind of opportunity came to drag queens tho. Those who are in TV shows already as cameos or extras are doing it by themselves, casting and all. Maybe you can name some if you do know?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is stupid. It's an offer for exposure. Key word being "offer" - You can accept the offer or decline the offer. That's how music videos work a lot of the time - the compensation is the opportunity to be in the video. Don't like that opportunity? Don't take it. I know a lot of people trying to get into show business who would LOVE an opportunity like that. 

Vicky Vox is trying to play on that drag queen debacle with Katy that so called happened on SNL by making it seem like they're being taken advantage of and it's not the case at all. Being taken advantage of would be if they were promised something and not given it. That's not the scenario. It's pretty cut and dry, you've been presented with an offer - you either accept it or decline it. Move on. It's not as deep as that crazy drag queen makes it seem.

Mythos

Vicky is kinda annoying, so much drama. So what if they asked you to do it for free? It would still be some promo for yourself. Haven't she done This Boy Is A Bottom with Willam i would've never heard of her in my life. 

Cerny
13 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Maybe she could also be pointed as spoke personin this issue? Who knows :shrug:

By the way, I never know such kind of opportunity came to drag queens tho. Those who are in TV shows already as cameos or extras are doing it by themselves, casting and all. Maybe you can name some if you do know?

I don't know of any but I would expect it to happen sooner or later. Maybe I'm delusional but I would love it.

Not a TV show but I heard the composer and songwriter for the Little Mermaid remake was pushing for Harvey Fierstein to play Ursula. We don't know if it'll happen but a Drag Queen being considered to play a big role in a Disney movie is a pretty big deal. 

Vicky Vox is ALWAYS mad. I get her point and I agree with her but there's no need to drag (no pun intended) other queens that would do it for free just for exposure.

1 hour ago, Impostor said:

That is funny... I bet if it were Gaga calling they would probably answer, although it's not the first time Katy is trying to explore these queens and it's not right. Take note Katy:

they probably tipped the queens A LOT, because that's what you do at a drag show. also gaga and the lgbt+/drag community have HERSTORY. Gaga working with drag queens is so not out of the blue and it makes perfect sense, sis has been working in gay clubs since she was 13 (:stalkga:). I don't mean to drag Katy, but her working with queens definitely doesn't feel like organic and natural, so it makes sense that she/ her team should treat them a little more 'professionally'.

34 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

she's trying so hard to pander to the LGBTQ community and its not working.

Remember when she randomly appeared on RPDR finale and no one cared :selena:.A lot of people were actually mad to see her

"TV: So I have to talk about Katy Perry’s quick video appearance, in which she wished luck to Sasha Velour. I’ve heard that in many gay bars, people actively booed the whole time that she was on screen."

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/rupauls-drag-race-season-9-finale-recap

girl, that was cringeworthy. and sasha was totally like 'lol k'.

Dominic

Has she never heard of a volunteer job? She would gain exposure and it would look great on a CV. Vicky and LMs doing the most again. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Admin

I don't know who that is but she should be grateful that an A-list poo star has given her, a completely unknown person, a chance to star in their music video for free.

What's not normal about that? Just a couple of months ago Gaga's fans had to pay themselves to be able to be an extra in her movie.

venusfly

Kinda with her on this one, that's her line of work so she should be paid for what she's doing. MV shoots can take full days of work and not everybody has the time to be doing all of that for free, asking artists to be paid by exposure is hardly accepted in any of the arts fields.

I'm not too sure if she should have called her out like that though, it would've been easy enough to just turn down the offer.

Nene Areola

Witmess is becoming one of Katy messiest eras,ARTPOP could never ARTTOP :sis:

36 minutes ago, Admin said:

I don't know who that is but she should be grateful that an A-list poo star has given her, a completely unknown person, a chance to star in their music video for free.

What's not normal about that? Just a couple of months ago Gaga's fans had to pay themselves to be able to be an extra in her movie.

1. Vicky Vox isn't a completely unknown person, same for the other queens
2. just showing up in the audience is different than getting in drag and performing in front of cameras

Admin
7 minutes ago, Sebs said:

1. Vicky Vox isnt't a completely unknown person, same for the other queens

This may be true, but compared to the household name that is Katy Perry, she is an almost completely unknown person.

Just a quick reminder that Gaga got $0 for playing the Super Bowl even though that required months of preparation and hard work, not just for her, but for tens of people from her team. A Katy Perry music video to that drag queen is what the Super Bowl was for Gaga.

Speaking of Gaga, 10 years ago she was performing in clubs for like $5 and although I don't know for a fact, I'm pretty sure she did those early performances (like Miss Universe) for free too. Thankfully her ego wasn't as big as Vicky Vox's that's why ten years later she's one of the most famous people in the world.

GagaMyBlood95

Aaand the mess for miss Perry continues :awkney:

But in all honesty, there is no room for complaining here. Like you will get a huge exposure, isn't that enough for a compensation unless you are a big name?

Archived