💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't like Willam

AIex

Featured Posts

Edonis

He was probably asked because he's one of the few queens who has actually worked on professional tv/movie sets outside of the drag world. And I doubt any of the drag scenes will last very long as their roles seem to be background/minor characters. It's not a big deal :shrug:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some tea about Willam:

I was writing a story for a local LGBT magazine about one of RuPaul's touring drag shows and Willam was a part of it. My editor scored an interview with Willam and assigned me to do it and I was super excited. It was a simple, short Q&A story which is like, easy peasy.

Anyway my editor forwarded me his manager's info and connected with them. Usually in my Q&A's I just do them over the phone as coinciding schedules can be difficult. Anyway his manager gets back to me and is all "Just forward me your questions by email, he'll answer them and send them back to me, to send to you." I was like huh ok, well whatever.

So the main story was about the show, not Willam. So my first initial questions that were about Willam he answered energetically, but when I transitioned toward asking questions about the show he completely turned off, sending me unusable material. For someone who touts professionalism I'd think he knows how to do a simple Q&A without being a ****. Like I get it, he probably does a gajillion of these all the time, but everyone has repetitive aspects about their jobs. 

Like girl, you're a drag queen, a very talented one at that. But I've interviewed grammy award winners with more tact than you. I'm used to Willam's style of comedy but I thought the way the Q&A was done was unprofessional, especially for someone who touts it/being around in the entertainment business/etc. 

Blake
4 minutes ago, bujibu said:

I was writing a story for a local LGBT magazine about one of RuPaul's touring drag shows and Willam was a part of it. My editor scored an interview with Willam and assigned me to do it and I was super excited. It was a simple, short Q&A story which is like, easy peasy.

Anyway my editor forwarded me his manager's info and connected with them. Usually in my Q&A's I just do them over the phone as coinciding schedules can be difficult. Anyway his manager gets back to me and is all "Just forward me your questions by email, he'll answer them and send them back to me, to send to you." I was like huh ok, well whatever.

So the main story was about the show, not Willam. So my first initial questions that were about Willam he answered energetically, but when I transitioned toward asking questions about the show he completely turned off, sending me unusable material. For someone who touts professionalism I'd think he knows how to do a simple Q&A without being a ****. Like I get it, he probably does a gajillion of these all the time, but everyone has repetitive aspects about their jobs. 

Like girl, you're a drag queen, a very talented one at that. But I've interviewed grammy award winners with more tact than you. I'm used to Willam's style of comedy but I thought the way the Q&A was done was unprofessional, especially for someone who touts it/being around in the entertainment business/etc. 

It's not a huge secret that Willam hates Drag Race, usually referencing it as 'that game show'. He's always been off when absolutely anyone talks about the show or wants to know tea.

He's only very recently started to open up about it when All Stars 3 rumours started to float about. 

5 minutes ago, Blake said:

It's not a huge secret that Willam hates Drag Race, usually referencing it as 'that game show'. He's always been off when absolutely anyone talks about the show or wants to know tea.

He's only very recently started to open up about it when All Stars 3 rumours started to float about. 

Wow. It's funny because for someone who hates it he'll still go on tour under the RPDR name to make money. "That game show," well yeah girl you're competing to win on TV lol. I love Willam's stuff on Youtube and whatnot but he sounds insufferable as a person.

Whispering

Never heard of him, won't know who he even is in the movie. I'm certain some person I've never heard of or seen in my life will not "ruin" a movie with a short cameo. 

ItsTommyBitch

He's funny, but he does seem like a huge asshole, I agree :emma: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Hurem
21 minutes ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

Same.

I never liked Willam. he's the overrated queen of his season, joining the ranks of Adore Delano and Farrah Moan. 

You did not just compare Willam and Adore to Farrah :smh: 

AshIey

I imagine the drag queen scene will be brief, maybe in a club or something. 

I don't know this guy, but if you don't like his personality it's not like he's going to be writing his own lines, if any.

Supersonic
18 minutes ago, bujibu said:

I mean, you don't know what Willam's managment told him the interview was about. He was (and still is) very critical of the show and RuPaul for poor production conditions and mistreatment of the cast (especially on his season) and regularly tells his fans on twitter and tumblr to stop asking him about Drag Race over and over and when he is gonna be on the show again (via All Stars). He's also been pretty much ostracized and bullied by the Drag Race producers as well, he does not have good relationship towards the show whatsoever. Maybe he thought we was just getting interviewed about his work, drag in general and then boom, you're getting unexpectedly asked about something AGAIN that grinds your gears, I'd be pissy about it too.

drinkmytears
19 minutes ago, bujibu said:

Wow. It's funny because for someone who hates it he'll still go on tour under the RPDR name to make money. "That game show," well yeah girl you're competing to win on TV lol. I love Willam's stuff on Youtube and whatnot but he sounds insufferable as a person.

You clearly don't know the whole story. Willam is still friends with other queens from the show, and still wants to perform for his fan base- majority of which comes from the show. Willam doesn't hate RuPaul or even drag race, his issues lie with World of Wonder and the show's producers. WOW has treated Willam poorly too, but still make money off him and how he contributed to Season 4. They purposely misspell his name, didn't include him in the queens that were in the Applause lyric video, etc.

Vergil
56 minutes ago, AIex said:

He will ruin ASIB honestly 

9nKzT.gif

How something already ruined can be ruined...

....again?:oprah:

5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I mean, you don't know what Willam's managment told him the interview was about. He was (and still is) very critical of the show and RuPaul for poor production conditions and mistreatment of the cast (especially on his season) and regularly tells his fans on twitter and tumblr to stop asking him about Drag Race over and over and when he is gonna be on the show again (via All Stars). He's also been pretty much ostracized and bullied by the Drag Race producers as well, he does not have good relationship towards the show whatsoever. Maybe he thought we was just getting interviewed about his work, drag in general and then boom, you're getting unexpectedly asked about something AGAIN that grinds your gears, I'd be pissy about it too.

Maybe so, but my editor is strictly clear about interviews and their topics. Sounds like he needs better management. If Willam was on his own tour, drag race questions would be minimal if at all. But he was touring under the RPDR name with Katya and Alaska. Like if you don't want to be associated with it then why keep doing it? 

Beyonce, Gaga and so many others get asked annoying questions in interviews all the time. Usually they're in person which allows them to direct the interview if there's a question they don't like. Phoning it in by answering through email doesn't give you that opportunity. So I don't feel bad Willam was annoyed by my question. If he'd taken the time for a phone interview he could've directed it any way he wanted to and I would've followed. 

Runway
8 minutes ago, Ritsu said:

How something already ruined can be ruined...

....again?:oprah:

Excuse you? Lol

• ChicaSkas locked this topic

Archived