💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

List of greatest female popstars of all time (Gaga #2)

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

German music journal laut.de (aka the Pitchfork of Germany) compiled a list of the greatest female popstars of all time, they're currently having a week long article series honoring women in music.

Translation:

#2 Lady Gaga

There's a difference between a star and a superstar. The performance, the presentation. Keeping that in mind, Lady Gaga carved herself into our brains with numerous iconic moments. Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta reincarnated herself thousands of times right in front of our eyes. She came with the flesh dress (which now has its own wikipedia article) or rode into the disco with a horse akin to Bianca Jagger in the fifth season of American Horror Story. To achieve this, she observed only the greatest of the music business: David Bowie, Queen, Madonna, Michael Jackson and Grace Jones.

When the pinnacle of her insanity was reached with the release of 'ARTPOP' and she overheated for a short time, she recorded a jazz album with Tony Bennett and the released her most personal and mature record to date, 'Joanne'. Without ever losing a bit of her fame and star power, she's currently artistically trapped like Madonna was after 'Bedtime Stories', but Gaga has the talent to actually escape it.

Without the substance and depth that lies beyond the colorful masks, costumes and alter egos, without her voice that barely gets wonky even under strain, without her songwriting that brought us larger-than-life monster hits like 'Poker Face', 'Bad Romance' and 'Telephone', her performances however would be worth barely anything. Together with clear words against the freshly elected Trump administration, she summarized all of this herself perfectly in this year's Super Bowl half-time show.

List of greatest female pop stars of all time:

Spoiler

#1 Annie Lennox
#2 Lady Gaga
#3 Lorde
#4 Miley Cyrus
#5 Madonna
#6 Agneta Faltskög & Anni-Frid Lyngstad from ABBA
#7 Nehneh Cherry
#8 Cher
#9 Kylie Minogue
#10 Cyndi Lauper

#11 Adele
#12 Sia
#15 P!nk
#16 Spice Girls
#17 Katy Perry
#18 Christina Aguilera
#19 Taylor Swift
#20 Britney Spears

#25 Gwen Stefani
#27 HAIM

Source: http://www.laut.de/News/Die-Frau-in-der-Musik-Folge-6:-Pop-30-06-2017-13760

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHOOKGA

Taylor swift in 19? This world about to end trust me

Not very born this way of you 😫

KURUSHITOVSKA

Lorde over Madonna? Hello???????

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

TheBatman

absolute bollocks what a **** list. Also...Gaga didn't say anything about Trump at superbowl so.... Slay at Gaga being #2 on a list like this but the rest of the list is a mess

calmar
1 minute ago, Decidueye said:

Deserved :diane:

But Why is madonna #5 tho? :madge:

Lack of singing/songwriting ability. Very strong business acumen and perseverance though.

I agree with putting Annie Lennox up there, actually. She's amazing. :applause: 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Easy

I actually agree with this list mainly :excited2: But maybe Madonna deserved at least higher than Lorde and Miley?

yASSsss

well deserved :giveup: 

I don't see Beyonce' in this list :lolly:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

The Surrealist

They gave Joanne 4 out of 4 stars.

CTC got 3 stars.

ARTPOP got 4 stars.

Born This Way got 2 stars.

The Fame got 3 stars.

TheBatman
1 minute ago, calmar said:

Lack of singing/songwriting ability. Very strong business acumen and perseverance though.

I agree with putting Annie Lennox up there, actually. She's amazing. :applause: 

Lack of singing and songwriting ability? lol mmkay she has written almost all of her hits but ok. Not sure why Annie Lennox is even top ten honestly. 

Supersonic
5 minutes ago, Decidueye said:

Deserved :diane:

But Why is madonna #5 tho? :madge:

I mean they kinda shaded her in Gaga's bit. They basically called her "Lady Gaga without the talent". :air:

Archived