Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

What specifically prevented Bad Romance from hitting #1?

sexy

Featured Posts

Gagaloo911
3 hours ago, Indyl said:

Not sure if this is the right section, but a question for all the chart experts: 

Was there a specific area in Billboard's charting formula that Bad Romance was lacking in? Sales? Radio support? Were Tik Tok and Empire State of Mind just slightly stronger? This is the greatest chart travesty of this generation imo

Bugs the hell out of me knowing that had YouTube views been counted back then, it most certainly would have hit #1. 

I'm pretty sure that BB confirmed somewhere that, had their current rules been in place then with the changes in radio and streaming that have happened since then, BR would have actually been #1 and not Tik Tok. So there's that. :firega:

Don't quote me on it tho.

Talent

Tik Tok. But Bad Romance ended up being bigger, more iconic and more awarded. 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Edge Of Venus

Tik Tok has more basic and relatable lyrics and is easier for the GP to swallow. Bad Romance was too big of a monster so not everyone could handle it.

Fernster7

I never thought I'd see the day where people claim Tik Tok changed pop culture.:rip:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Archived