💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

What specifically prevented Bad Romance from hitting #1?

sexy

Featured Posts

sexy

Not sure if this is the right section, but a question for all the chart experts: 

Was there a specific area in Billboard's charting formula that Bad Romance was lacking in? Sales? Radio support? Were Tik Tok and Empire State of Mind just slightly stronger? This is the greatest chart travesty of this generation imo

Bugs the hell out of me knowing that had YouTube views been counted back then, it most certainly would have hit #1. 

Yuuri

Easy, Boys Boys Boys should have been a filler single. Then BR didn't have to deal with either song.

juju

Did Madonna's Hung Up go #1 in the US?

Did Britney Spear's Gimme More go #1?

Sometimes the world is just not ready. Huge monster hits get paid dust more than you'd think, plus Tik Tok is that song - it changed pop in a similar way that Poker Face had before it and Rolling in the Deep had after it.

❤ x ❤

sexy
4 minutes ago, juju said:

Did Madonna's Hung Up go #1 in the US?

Did Britney Spear's Gimme More go #1?

Sometimes the world is just not ready. Huge monster hits get paid dust more than you'd think, plus Tik Tok is that song - it changed pop in a similar way that Poker Face had before it and Rolling in the Deep had after it.

Although I think one could argue that Bad Romance had more of an impact than Tik Tok did. Tik Tok at its core is still a trashy party song – a very successful and catchy party song, yes, but trashy nonetheless. Bad Romance was a smash in every sense of the word, only failing to reach the top of the Billboard, and that's what I just don't understand. It stalled at #2 for several weeks and I'm wondering what caused that, why it was never able to break through to #1 despite being such a commercial success. 

Werk
2 minutes ago, Indyl said:

Although I think one could argue that Bad Romance had more of an impact than Tik Tok did. Tik Tok at its core is still a trashy party song – a very successful and catchy party song, yes, but trashy nonetheless. Bad Romance was a smash in every sense of the word, only failing to reach the top of the Billboard, and that's what I just don't understand. It stalled at #2 for several weeks and I'm wondering what caused that, why it was never able to break through to #1 despite being such a commercial success. 

Oh boy not people using that word again to describe a song :neyde: 

JevyDuty
19 minutes ago, LustForLife said:

source.gif 

Question answered.

Tic Toc was too strong. She had the hype and fresh new face. 

I literally remember it like yesterday (I'm 30yo) I was all over the charts for two stagnant months and it killed me inside. It WAS torture being stuck at #2.:emma:

Edonis

Thriller never went number one either :diane:

Sometimes the most iconic songs don't always win. But it's still okay :diane:

juju
1 hour ago, Indyl said:

Tik Tok was very well-written and the production, albeit by a terrible person, is insanely catchy. You all may very well have forgotten, but when Tik Tok first leaked, it sounded like absolutely nothing else at the time. It was very much deserving of its success. Bad Romance is huge, but it is still at its core very campy and grotesque, and so obviously wouldn't appeal to as many people as Tik Tok did/does.

❤ x ❤

AmericanGUY

i thought Empire State of Mind beat Bad Romance like Poker Face beat Single Ladies :huh:

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

RAMROD

Because someone woke up in the morning and feeling like P. Diddy :poot:

Also, Ke$ha's voice was quite known beforehand from those Spin Me Right Round remake song with Flo Roda which hit #1 although uncredited and unpaid :giggle:

And she was on The Simple Life

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Werk
24 minutes ago, juju said:

Tik Tok was very well-written and the production, albeit by a terrible person, is insanely catchy. You all may very well have forgotten, but when Tik Tok first leaked, it sounded like absolutely nothing else at the time. It was very much deserving of its success. Bad Romance is huge, but it is still at its core very campy and grotesque, and so obviously wouldn't appeal to as many people as Tik Tok did/does.

Where can I hear the leak?

orb1tx

OMG, I'm shocked, I never follow charts but I can't believe Kesha made #1 and BR didn't!!!!!! I always assumed BR had reached the top being such an amazing and original song.   Hung up was a great song too!

juju
8 minutes ago, Werk said:

Where can I hear the leak?

sis the leak sounds almost just like the finished one, I don't believe nothing changed other than the title :poot: I first found it as "$" but then it was changed to "P. Diddy".

❤ x ❤

Archived