Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Pop Music 2017 Winners and Losers: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and more

JoeJane

Featured Posts

Fashion Baby
1 hour ago, JoeJane said:

Winner: Lady Gaga
Admit it: You figured Gaga’s hit-making days were mostly behind her. Not so fast. Gaga slipped a new song, “Million Reasons,” into her half-time performance at the Super Bowl. Everyone had the same reaction: This is really good! Result: A top five hit on the Hot 100. (Photo: Getty Images)

Loser: Katy Perry
Witness debuted at No. 1 in its first week, but fell to No. 13 in its second week. It’s Perry’s first studio album to spend just one week in the top 10 since 2008’s One of the Boys. The lead single, “Chained to the Rhythm,” reached No. 4, but the two follow-ups missed the top 40. (Photo: Getty Images)

All list: https://www.yahoo.com/music/pop-music-2017-winners-losers-slideshow-wp-173627974/photo-p-em-witness-em-debuted-photo-173627971.HTML

giphy.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GoldenPonyboy
1 hour ago, Lanius said:

1. All of Adele singles from 25 charted in the top 40 and had significant radio play.

2. 25 has out sold minutemaid and Auntie combined x10. 

3. Adele is in her own lane.

I know, i love adele, i just meant that the singles were not as big. Yes top 40 is really good, it's just not a smash. Besides hello obv. 

Talent
1 hour ago, The witch said:

Dis Lorde won or lost?

Exactly, where's Lorde? :neyde: First #1 album. 

_

Gaga the only female on the "winners" list. Women truly lost this year. Tragic. 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

GoldenPonyboy
1 hour ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

Ariana, Taylor and Selena do good too don't they?

Taylor has yet to put out anything besides that fifty shades song. Ariana only had one big hit with side to side last year. Other singles failed to do really well even tho i freakin love into you. With selena we will have to wait and see where bad liar goes but i dont see it smashing tbh.  I just meant that current female pop stars are nowhere near the dominace of male pop artists like ed or justin, so considering female pop stars are not as trendy right now, im impressed gaga did so well

Mama Ru
7 hours ago, KennyRichie said:

And you did'nt even mention "The Cure" 💪🏽

Well in fairness neither has Gaga so... :derpga:

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Bradley

Such positive news like this would never happen in the ARTPOP era.

Look at how far we've come.

Archived