Pop Art

Featured Posts

Pop Art

-

Kermit

as a newfound heterosexual i can confirm the foundation of your concernย 

ย 

i approveย 

โ€œFor me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.โ€ โ€• Jean Dubuffet

Earthling

I think with the streaming age people are more aware of what others are listening to.ย 

Maybe it's sexism/homophobiaย 

Listening to female pop is deemed effeminate, a thing only girls and the gay community enjoys.

Straight males eager to appease their peer group all listen to the same male dominated music genres, and straight girls in turn listen to the same music in order to seem cool for those boys.

:reductive:

-edit-

Or idk maybe Gaga's lack of promo and dominance is allowing the men to gain the upper handย 

*she switched baristas. โ˜•๏ธ

xoxo lou

i think the music really changed since this year started in the USย :toofunny:ย  mostly of the pop divas who used to sell alot back in 2011 are not performing as well as back then maybe because thanks that trump is on the white house music really changed i think taylor is going to be the most successfull this year because she sells alot in the us no matter whatย 

Chromatislaps
4 minutes ago, DominicB said:

as a newfound heterosexual i can confirm the foundation of your concernย 

ย 

i approveย 

:oprah:

Pop Art

-

Enigma

I don't have anything relevant to add but it sucks

HOTNebraskaGuy

I've made this exact post in another thread but it deserves to be here too:ย 

Monsters/Online Gays: "MEN ARE ALWAYS ON THE CHARTS WHY IS EVERYONE SO SEXIST WHERE'S ALL THE POP GIRLS?!?!"ย 

Also Monsters/Online Gays: "HAHA KATY IS SO STUPID I HOPE SHE FLOPS, SELENA CAN'T SING SHES SO UNTALENTED, WHERES ALL THE TALENTED POP GIRLS?!?!"ย 

90%+ of you guys are too hypocritical, men being on the charts isn't some threat to your imaginary perfect pop girl life. People like rap/hip hop which is dominated by male artists, get over it.ย 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

AlexanderMagno

NOT THIS AGAIN

ย 

Female pop artists have ruled the charts, they will do it again one day. Trends come and go, it is what it is, maybe people are more into male voices right now, it might not be a gender issue.ย 

Seriously, y'all should stop being so much Little Pop Stans, not everything is about the female pop singers.

And it really is annoying that the exact same discussion appears day after day. This thread shoukd be merged with the dozens of others with the exact same topic.

Drin Lon

It will change when the new big pop girl rises, calm down huntiesย :pray:

OBEY

Its because females and males listen to male artists, but for female artists its mostly some females and some gays (still a minority compared to straights).

Pop Art

-

Archived