Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Why Doesent America Like Pop Girls Anymore

TheWitness

Featured Posts

TheWitness

So as you know this year has been tough for pop girls on bb100 

Not one girl has topped the charts this year ... and we're in JULY over half way

Chart Toppers 2017

Starboy

Black Beatles

Bad & Boujee

Shape Of You

Humble

Thats What I Like

I'm The One

and

Despacito

The last girl to top the chart has Halsey with "Closer" which ended its run on November 19th

And even with that she wasn't only a feature the last song with a female lead on top of the charts was "Cheap Thrills" by Sia witch ended its run on August 27th

And it's not like we haven't had big singers releasing this year e.g  Katy Perry , Lady Gaga , Selena Gomez , Lorde etc.

So why are the American GP against pop girls 

Opinions?

Host Of Lyricasism

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blade

Imo because male artists hardly ever get over-exposed whereas female ones are on tabloids daily. 

TheWitness
1 minute ago, vocalqueef said:

Imo because male artists hardly ever get over-exposed whereas female ones are on tabloids daily. 

Justin Beiber is everywhere how isn't he suffering 

1 minute ago, Mary Jane Wayne said:

No taste 

True :classy:

Host Of Lyricasism

Ryusei

can we stop the "pop girls" term it's so... ugh.. 

Their time will come again. Music goes through phases. Why were people against male singers when Mariah carey and whitney houston were #1 constantly? Oh right, they werent it was just that these 2 were the most popular. Give it time

Right now trash is popular but it'll (hopefully) change :gaycat:

Musery

zakariah
Just now, TheWitness said:

Sexism & double-standards tbh

JR Gg

The GP pities the talentless. Also because Gags hate promo :selena:

Blade
1 minute ago, TheWitness said:

Tru dat. I don't know tbh

It's interesting how fast he came back after his downfall, like the GP forgave him pretty quickly lol And people still hate on Ari for licking a donut :smh:

gagzus

It's not the case actually, they're bigger because of streaming and having more commercial appeal because rap and male artists are trendy now. Spotify done f*cked up Pop 

BBhomemaker

They just like Taylor Swift and Rihanna I guess :sweat: And sometimes Adele too 

AlexanderMagno

Can we please stop with this whining :saladga: no one is against no one, trends come and go, we've already witnessed pop girls' power, now it's the boys turn I guess.

Plus, have you realised that a woman has won Grammy Album of the Year the last two years?

John Slayne

misogyny and homophobia :madge: isn't this the longest time without a female in top 5 since like 1970s or something??? :neyde:

Born To Slay
17 minutes ago, vocalqueef said:

Tru dat. I don't know tbh

It's interesting how fast he came back after his downfall, like the GP forgave him pretty quickly lol And people still hate on Ari for licking a donut :smh:

They must not hate her that much since her last album actually spawned 3 top 15 hits

Kanyeee West

Cuz America is always like a 5 years old kid , bored after 5 minutes of playing with a toy and throw it away.

Archived