Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

The Cure Expected to Surpass Million Reasons in Streams Next Week

SISTERV

Featured Posts

SISTERV

Move over Million Reasons, it looks like you might not be the only slow-grow/sleeper hit Lady Gaga delivers in 2017. While Million Reasons took what seemed like a Million days to climb....and eventually become the biggest selling female solo record of 2017 (thus far), supported by a music video and a Superbowl performance, it looks like Coachella dropped/surprise single The Cure might be coming for its spot as the biggest Gaga hit of 2017. Here's the streaming data in the past two weeks:

6/17 (84 Million Spotify Streams)-6/24 (93 Million Spotify Streams)

+9 Million Streams

6/25 (93 Million Spotify Streams) - 7/1 (111 Million Spotify Streams)

+18 Million Streams

The Cure saw a major pickup in streaming this past week, partially due to a recent introduction on various Power Play radio stations from New York to Dallas to the major 3C (Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland) Ohio Markets. 

On Ryan Seacrest's Top 40 Played Songs it jumped from #28 two weeks ago to #18, and it's upward arrow suggests it will continue to rise towards the Top 10 in mid July. 

Crazy enough, unlike Reasons, Gaga has barely promoted The Cure. No music video. No TV performance. No major social media interaction/promotion. It's performing on merit and catchyness alone. And if Gaga were to late-release a video for the single, it could push it majorly forward into a second Top 5 for the pop dominatrix. Even without a video though, former single Million Reasons gained a comfy 2 million streams streams this past week, putting it at 123 Million views. That makes The Cure only 12 Million behind, and if it performs this coming week like it did the last, it likely will put MR at 124M and The Cure at 129M, making it the bigger streaming hit. Thats alot considering Million Reasons became available 6 months before The Cure. 

Do you think The Cure will continue to steadily rise? Will it break into "hitworthy" status by the end of the summer? 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
actsleazy

tenor.gif

rise kween

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

JusKeepBreathin

The song that was heavily promoted on Spotify will finally out perform the song that was completely ignored by Spotify. Wow what a surprise.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

PartySick

But what will we call it? :oprah:

We have Million Grammy's and what? Cured Grammy's? The Cured Grammy? :oprah:

🖤

FATCAT

This is great. 

Some minor hits get 300-400k in a few months, so we're on the climb!

Purr more, hiss less.

FATCAT
Just now, PartySick said:

Promise I'll get that Grammy!

Purr more, hiss less.

SISTERV
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Promise I'll get that Grammy!

Million Reasons for SOTY, Best Pop Record, ROTY, Best Vocal

The Cure For Best Pop Song, Best Electronic Dance Song???

donutellha

the cure to ha streaming

:poot: 

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

Fernster7
36 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

The song that was heavily promoted on Spotify will finally out perform the song that was completely ignored by Spotify. Wow what a surprise.

Million Reasons had way more airplay and promotion, something that should have affected its streams but didn't. It's an achievement to be honest that The Cure is going to pass it this soon.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

Bizcochito

SO BABY TELL YES, AND I GIVE YOU EVERYTHING.

SO BABY TELL YES AND I WILL BE YOUR TONIGHT.:music:

15jocart
21 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

The song that was heavily promoted by Gaga will finally be out performed by the song that was completely ignored by Gaga. Wow what a surprise.

:giggle:

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Savage
22 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Promise I'll be SOTY. :cryga:

SISTERV
2 minutes ago, Nick Gervasi said:

Promise I'll be SOTY. :cryga:

And the Grammy for Best Solo Recorded Female Gay Icon Tropical House/ R&B Surprise Release Track at a Festival goes to....

:poot:

Archived