other

HDD: MR for Grammy SOTY nom

Gypsy Life

Featured Posts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yuuri

Why "Sign of The Times"? The song wasn't huge dispite his Top 5 debut. I see MR a much likelier option. 

Phoenix

why shape of you?

cause it sold a lot? 

a basic song made for radio and charts.

whats the point of billboard music awards if grammys are gonna give it to the most succesful songs and not the best ones

💎

DeanWinchester
5 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Why wouldn't they submit it

IMG_0882.thumb.JPG.2b535aeb180e97327bdec

3 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

The same reason why they didn't release the  “The Cure" video yet. 

Aretha-Franklin_2014-4840_C.jpg

:toofunny:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

KyliesChild
Just now, Misaki said:

Why "Sign of The Times"? The song wasn't huge dispite his Top 5 debut. I see MR a much likelier option. 

It'll probably create an immense uproar if Humble doesn't win because it basically infiltrated our culture in such a short amount of time. To critics it was one of the best songs of the year so far along with its accompanied video and it was more successful commercially than “Million Reasons". Hopefully she'll win in another category since there wasn't any great pop releases thus far. 

Gypsy Life
6 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

inb4 they don't, like TEOG

dlfvlbfsnl mdgvmg mvmn

We do not like to remember those dark times.

bloody g

nice

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

KyliesChild
8 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Redbone?? who/what?

Redbone is also a great song by Childish Gambino. The song title is a term for a light-skinned black woman. It's very popular because it was used in “Dear White People" and “Get Out", and plus there's a meme that surfaced about it a few weeks ago. However it has been critically acclaimed since its release. It is infamous for his vocals and how the instrumental oozes the listener, and plus the meaning of the song is essential for our current social climate today. 

Irrelevant
23 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Bruno Mars - "That's What I Like"

That should replace SOY for SOTY. It's only logical.

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Ryusei
1 minute ago, Skai Jackson said:

Redbone is also a great song by Childish Gambino. The song title is a term for a light-skinned black woman. It's very popular because it was used in “Dear White People" and “Get Out", and plus there's a meme that surfaced about it a few weeks ago. However it has been critically acclaimed since its release. 

Ah, Never heard it before... And it was the only song unfamiliar to me on the list. I'll check it out I guess :gaycat:

Musery

KyliesChild
Just now, Ryusei said:

Ah, Never heard it before... And it was the only song unfamiliar to me on the list. I'll check it out I guess :gaycat:

Check out the two videos above my edited post, it elaborates on the history and production of the song which makes it so popular in the first place. 

SlayGagaloo
15 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

It'll probably create an immense uproar if Humble doesn't win because it basically infiltrated our culture in such a short amount of time. To critics it was one of the best songs of the year so far along with its accompanied video and it was more successful commercially than “Million Reasons". Hopefully she'll win in another category since there wasn't any great pop releases thus far. 

This shouldn't be a problem 

LEMONADE lost to 25 last year, it's not like they always choose the critically-acclaimed work (MR got really good reviews though, it definitely deserves SOTY) 

Over.

Chromatislaps
31 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

SONG OF THE YEAR:

Shape of You
Sign of the Times
Humble
Say You Won't Let Go
Million Reasons

I want either of these songs to win in this category because they are both incredible works of art. 

if it becomes Shape Of You.... I loathe that song.... if I could use one song as an asswipe, it would be that trash

giphy.gif

I agree about Million Bops and Humble :lolly: 

Archived