Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Lady Gaga receives MIAW award for refugees support (VIDEO)

NewYorkCity

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga sang Americano for immigrants it touches on refugees, gaga showed love to immigrants at her super bowl show when she hugged that Latino 'why don't u stay' gaga has toured for the UNICEF in connection with refugees. You don't know what she does for them privetly, saying she's not deserving of the award is utterly rude and stupid I must say 

Miel

Has she done a lot of work behind the scenes? I'm very adamant in supporting immigrant rights, especially Latinx undocumented support, so I'd like to hear more about the full context as to why and how she was awarded this.

I know it seems a bit young in retrospect, but I have had the utmost support for Gaga since 2010, regarding her stance on SB1070 and general Latinx rights in Americano. She seems to have been doing a lot of civil work behind the scenes, so we'll see.

3 points in and ready for more

Ronk
9 hours ago, Denys said:

Gaga sang Americano for immigrants it touches on refugees, gaga showed love to immigrants at her super bowl show when she hugged that Latino 'why don't u stay' gaga has toured for the UNICEF in connection with refugees. You don't know what she does for them privetly, saying she's not deserving of the award is utterly rude and stupid I must say 

1 hour ago, Miel said:

Has she done a lot of work behind the scenes? I'm very adamant in supporting immigrant rights, especially Latinx undocumented support, so I'd like to hear more about the full context as to why and how she was awarded this.

I know it seems a bit young in retrospect, but I have had the utmost support for Gaga since 2010, regarding her stance on SB1070 and general Latinx rights in Americano. She seems to have been doing a lot of civil work behind the scenes, so we'll see.

Exactly.  She does help people and causes behind the scenes, but she does not use her good deeds to gain popularity or enhance her career.  This is why we sometimes don't find out what she has done until much later, if ever.

Gaga voicing support for a cause, such as refugees or immigration, is huge because she reaches so many people and brings light to the problem.  Such as, leveraging her reach is a key element in the success of the BTW Foundation, and that was even voiced by Cynthia at 1:10:25 into the kick-off event for the foundation here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsuK6hsBC0

Awards are given to who had the biggest impact to the cause at a particular period of time.  She may have done things behind the scenes, but if even her voicing support for refugees had the biggest impact for the cause this year, that deserves an award.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived