💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The ARTPOP Problem

QueenGaga

Featured Posts

QueenGaga

How can you all not LOVE this masterpiece. I love every song on this album. I was busy and did not listen to any music for a whole month, and now the first music I will listen to after a month will be the good sis ARTPOP. Its my third favourite album and its given me energy during my most depressing days. Its ear candy from Aura to Applause 

Anyone who hates this masterpiece:

tenor.gif

BYE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's kinda shallow :poot:

But I mean it is my 2nd favorite Gaga album, and the only album on which every song was considered a favorite from it at some point. ARTGOD slays :worship2:

Moebius

How many times are you going to make an ARTPOP thread sis? :poot: 

giphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Reality
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The only thing that ruined the ARTPOP era was the fans. 

So true. I became a stan during ARTPOP and I didn't come onto this site until 2015, and before that I didn't have a problem with ARTPOP whatsoever. I actually thought it was a perfect era. But when people kept talking about it, it made me second guess stuff and now, while I still have a fond memory of the era, it's sort of tainted by what other people have said about it.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

4 years later we are still discussing this :selena: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Fernster7

Donatella, Swine (album version) and Jewels & Drugs ruined the ARTPOP era.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

QueenGaga
3 minutes ago, Moebius said:

How many times are you going to make an ARTPOP thread sis? :poot: 

giphy.gif

How do you know this is my 10th thread on ARTPOP? :selena:

QueenGaga
Just now, Fernster7 said:

Donatella, Swine (album version) and Jewels & Drugs ruined the ARTPOP era.

I actually like Donatella only when I'm in the mood though. It shouldnt have made the cut just like J&D shouldnt have.

QueenGaga
2 minutes ago, Red said:

4 years later we are still discussing this :selena: 

Because even after 4 years my love for the album hasnt died out:classy:

Fernster7
31 minutes ago, QueenGaga said:

I actually like Donatella only when I'm in the mood though. It shouldnt have made the cut just like J&D shouldnt have.

I agree, I mean I'm not saying it's the most horrible song ever but I find it stupid most of the times. I also love J&D instrumental but the final product does not even feel like a Gaga song. And Swine, oh my God, I will never forgive them for that, it was ny favorite ARTPOP song after the iTunes festival, but it became trash when the album was released. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

1 minute ago, QueenGaga said:

Because even after 4 years my love for the album hasnt died out:classy:

But after 4 years we know the list of ARTPOP "problems" by heart :madge: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

dopega

I just realized I haven't listened to it in a very long time :duck:

Brb, I'm going to listen the underrated masterpiece that Dope is :lolly:

Cuchulainn

Most of ARTPOP is pretty good. I wouldn't be sad if I never had to hear Swine again, though. :sweat:

Matangi Goddess

ARTPOP is her worst album. A lot of the tracks are dated and did not age well. Few tracks expired the moment they were released. 

The Theme for the album was promising but I did not see it delivered and executed. The Major themes seem to revolving around shallow topics such as drugs, sex, and love. Born This Way was her deepest and relate work lyrically and thematically.  It really spoke to her audience and had much more impact. It was an impeccable empowerment album.  There is no other  album I feel can heighten or lift  spirits up or inspire them to be themselves that . I felt Gaga regressed with ARTPOP. She said the album concept was about putting ART before. She accomplished this idea effectively through her visuals and fashion choices during the era but the songs on the album were missing that IMO. ARTPOP is not a bad album when ou compare it her contemporaries works, It stands out as unique but I just do not feel the album like the way I do with her other albums.

The Only songs I **** with on the album: Aura, Applause, DWYW, Venus, MJH, ARTPOP, Dope, Venus, and Gpysy.

Tracks I never listen to: Donatella, Fashion (Only for bridge dont care for the rest of the song), Swine (her worst song in her discography IMO), MANiCURE, Jewels N' Drugs.

Archived