💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Bad Liar Really A Flop?

JiU

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
57 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

You literally did not make one single valid point in such a huge post.

1)I never said that it's bad to promote in order to get a hit.But it's obvious that it's a bigger achievement to get a hit without trying so hard for it to happen.

2)I am not really the one that mentioned Beyonce in the first place. I just explained why I don't view her as irrelevant to the person that mentioned her.

3)I love and appreciate Gaga and I love this forum as well but that doesn't mean I am going to be delusional or biased about her. I NEVER said that it's not logical that Gaga is less relevant than Selena (based on her style of music/her appearance and her age),I simply stated that she is less relevant which is something that I don't see you doubting anymore :rip:

4)Actually even in the UK that you claim that Selena is irrelevant,her sales have been recently a lot better than Gaga's. Every single she has released since the Revival Era has been silver or gold in the UK when it has been pretty hard for Gaga since 2013 to get a silver certification there. (The Cure surprisingly did it though). More people know Gaga's name and that't because of her PAST. Gaga has a bigger career/achievements than Selena and that's why more people know her. I never doubted that. But having a big name doesn't make you relevant. Madonna is more known than both Gaga and Selena but she is a lot less relevant than both of them.

5)I proved to you that Revival was more successful than Joanne single-wise and album-wise so I am not going to continue this.

6)Selena said that Bad Liar is her lead single recently I think :rip: But the album is going to be a lot differnet.. You can't say that a song that was released 7 weeks ago and is literally still peaking is flopping :rip: It's still raising on the radio,it's strong on itunes and spotify. 

7)What has 700m streams without promo? 

8)You are ****ing contradicting yourself. You said that it's not fair to compare other artists with Bey because she uses a different tactic and now you say that Beyonce should be judged as well for not having hits :rip: Sweety Gaga doesn't have really big album sales or huge acclaim. Lemonade has sold in the US (real sales) more than Joanne has sold worldwide (SPS). Lemonade has over 90 on metacritic. Joanne has 67 or something. The media and people go crazy about Beyonce,they are lukewarm about Gaga. See the difference?

9)Star power and legacy are not related with relevance IN ANY WAY..  People that are relevant are people that are still actually building their image and legacy. For Gaga this is a lot lower than it is for Selena. I never said that Gaga is irrelevant or forgotten. I never said that. I said that she is less relevant that Selena. When you are being asked to participate in big things because of your huge past,that doesn't make you actually relevant. Btw Beyonce sang a lot of "4" on her superbowl despite the album being her least commercially successful.

10)I am not a Gaga hater and Selena is not less relevant than Gaga in any country of the world :rip: (almost). The fact that we are on a Gaga fanpage doesn't mean that we have to support her like blind sheeps sweety. I am not here to bring Gaga down,I just can't see people bringing other artists down when they 1)don't deserve it (like Gaga doesn't deserves it) 2)they are actually doing better commercially than Gaga. Btw I am not even American

Not one valid point? You are cocky.

Yes, it's a bigger achievement to get a hit without promoting it but that doesn't making promoting it a desperate move. You have to be young, new or super-bigged up by the media now to get a hit without working for it. I'm actually very critical of such artists right now. I think artists should hustle for their success. It makes it so much more satisfying when you've put in the graft. Believe it or not, I don't want Gaga to just sit back and let the hits roll in. That suggests people are just buying a song based on name recognition alone. Buying a song after being blown away by hearing it performed live is a sign of real love of the song. There's so many artists out there, putting your new song on a platform in front of the whole world is necessary. When you are promoting but people aren't buying your song...that's when we have a problem.

It's possible to be nice and respectful while still being not biased and delusional. No, Gaga isn't selling like she used to but it would be delusional to say she's flopping when she has the best sales for a female this year despite her album being released last year. If selling 1.4 million worldwide is considered winning now, then yes, she is. These are the new standards. You can't use old standards for modern times. It's all about being fair and reasonable. I judge Gaga according to the standards of our time. That's not being biased, it's being realistic.

I get it when it comes to singles but how is Revival more successful album-wise? It sold 413k in the US despite being 2 years old and having 3 top tens and Joanne's sold over 500k despite being just 7 months old and having 1 top ten.

But now that her diehard fans have bought it, exactly how much life can such an experimental song have left in it?

The Cure has 700m streams without promo. Its also sold over 500k worldwide. And the audio and lyric video have over 31 million views combined and over 472k likes combined.

Beyonce came in with her new way of doing things that applied only to her, so it's only fair that we demand she should be judged by the standards that we're putting on the other 99%, the 99% shouldn't be judged on her standards. I don't care if Gaga's having the same level of sales and acclaim, but why can't her level of it by enough for her regardless? And yes, the media and people go crazy about Beyonce because they're told to. If Gaga got the same PR, the same would happen to her. During the BTW era, it did, selling 1 million the first week and all. But her team gave up on her after that.

People who have star power become famous and relevant. If they didn't have star power, it wouldn't have happened. You can be relevant for any reason, not even in a positive way. You can be young or old, new or decades in the business. Tony Bennett became relevant again in 2011 but I think by that time, he'd already built his legacy and was lucky to still be living at his age. You can complete your legacy but have a comeback, you know. Gaga said she was given the SB gig because of her Joanne album. It wasn't just for her past. But most SB headliners are chosen because of their past (duh, how could they perform songs the public know) so being chosen for that reason is something to be proud of. Being picked to do something because of your legacy is the greatest honour. I've never heard anyone say anything different. I doubt Beyonce got asked to perform at the SB because of her 4 album which had no top ten in the US. And singing 2 songs from 4 out of an 8 song setlist is hardly "a lot" of the album sang. I don't count the intro of it as a song performed as it only lasted seconds and was purely an instrumental backed by a voiceover while Beyonce stayed silent. And of course she sang some songs from it - she needed some way to make her biggest flop relevant again!

Selena's just as relevant as Gaga in any country in the world? Let's see how many arenas in Europe Selena's performing at during her next tour and see how it compares to the Joanne tour, shall we? I'm not asking people to be sheep, I always fight against that notion. I'm just asking them to act like supportive fans while also remaining realistic. Well, sorry for the nationality assumption but considering that Selena is doing the best in America and you seemed to be basing her success off that, I could come to no other conclusion.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, The Senate said:

At the moment no. In an age where pop girls are struggling, it might take a while to climb the charts. I personally like the song. It's something different to what she usually does and the beat is simple yet catchy. Only time will tell 

It's literally the same as her previous singles, it's a hands to myself 2.0

Yanko
15 hours ago, IAmDavid said:

lmao if selena is over then what is gaga doing

being a legend 

Archived