Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Officials Charts U.K. Makes A New Rule

TheWitness

Featured Posts

TheWitness
1 minute ago, ShockPop said:

I agree with this. Why not go further and only count tracks submitted to them as an official single?

That would be a good idea instead of 3 this way streaming albums dosent ruin the charts

Host Of Lyricasism

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley

Bad rule in my opinion.

If an artist has worked his/her a*s off in bringing more than three songs to chart, then the chart should reflect it.

I don't care if it's good or bad for my fav, charts shouldn't work that way.

Benji

I think it's a good rule to have just until we find a way to count streams proportionately. I don't like the idea of say an epic breakthrough happening and it not being correctly represented.

rumours

If a song makes it onto the top 100, it should be represented regardless of the artist (imo).

RAMROD

Is this because of Ed Sheeran? :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Benji
5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Is this because of Ed Sheeran? :poot:

I think Ed was the tipping point :sweat: It happened on a smaller scale with Drake and Kendrick's recent releases too.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Benji said:

I think Ed was the tipping point :sweat: It happened on a smaller scale with Drake and Kendrick's recent releases too.

Yeah.

If I recall correctly Ed have like 4-5 sings charting when his new album released few months ago, is that correct?

That is crazy and very unfair for other artists. So, I hope this new rules can help.

gagzus
1 hour ago, HOTNebraskaGuy said:

That's stupid to be honest. Lying to make things easier and more diverse on the charts :sweat:

If some one has 4+ hits then we should respect that and not give others some leeway. 

Yes but they include album tracks that are bought individually on iTunes so if someone buys only certain tracks they can chart and we will end up with divide 2.0 which angered a lot of fans and industry members because every single track on the album charted in the top 20 because of it taking up 80% of it when some of them only had like 2 sales differences between other songs 

TheWitness
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Yeah.

If I recall correctly Ed have like 4-5 sings charting when his new album released few months ago, is that correct?

That is crazy and very unfair for other artists. So, I hope this new rules can help.

The Whole Album

In The Top 20 :toofunny:

Host Of Lyricasism

freebit
5 hours ago, ShockPop said:

I agree with this. Why not go further and only count tracks submitted to them as an official single?

MTE. Them doing ^this, or reformulating the streaming percentage would make more sense than what they're doing. 

RAMROD
4 hours ago, TheWitness said:

The Whole Album

In The Top 20 :toofunny:

So overkill :sharon:

Radio Ga Ga

I think 3 might be too little, I say 5

people like Rihanna or Justin beiber actually have multiple singles that would chart really well and is not just because of album release week

Archived