Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga: Second Most-Played UK Artist of 2011

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

Adele PPL's top artist of 2011

12:30 | Wednesday June 13, 2012

By Paul Williams

Adele has been named by PPL as the most-played artist of 2011 with three of her tracks among the biggest five tracks of last year.

The XL Recordings artist takes her position at the top of the first-ever artist chart published by PPL. It is based on radio and TV plays during the calendar year as well as what was played in venues such as pubs and clubs.

Adele also heads PPL’s pop chart for 2011 with Rolling In The Deep, while Set Fire To The Rain is third and Someone Like You fifth. The Interscope/Polydor single Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera takes runner-up place and the Island/Lava-issued Price Tag by Jessie J featuring B.o.B. is fourth on the chart, compiled from plays last year across radio, TV and venues and outlets where recorded music is publicly played.

On the artist chart Interscope/Polydor’s Lady Gaga is second, Def Jam/Mercury’s Rihanna third and Polydor’s Take That fourth. Elektra/Atlantic signing Bruno Mars rounds off the top five in fifth place, ahead of Parlophone’s Coldplay who are sixth and Virgin’s Katy Perry is ranked seventh. The Top 10 is completed by Island/Lava’s Jessie J in eight position, Epic’s Olly Murs ninth and Postiva/Virgin’s David Guetta 10th.

The PPL classical chart of the most-played classical recordings of the year is headed by the Decca-issued Einoudi by Ludovico Einodi who also occupies second and third places with Nightbook and The Tower respectively.

Source: http://www.musicweek...ode=1049870&c=1

i barely EVER hear Gaga on the radio o.O

im surprised Katy Perry isnt higher seeing as i only ever hear her :nails:

toanythingtaboo

Genuinely surprised Gaga's, what, 2 UK hits this past year beat Rihanna's 29 in airplay. :eek:

I'm surprised she beat Rihanna. :shocked:

This. Rihanna was so overplayed last year, which is the reason why i never listen to the radio anymore. :nacho:

Americano

Katy will rise this year because Lady Gaga hasn't released anything since Nov. 2011, radio-wise.

A Stan Was Born

Didn't Gaga underperform in the UK? Or I guess I heard the wrong things...

ExorcismGaga

This! I rarely hear Gaga on the radio and when i do hear her it's never her new stuff it's Bad Romance

But wow that's really good! Expecially over Rihanna :omg:

Surprised at her being higher than Rihanna, I swear every 2nd song on radio and TV is one of hers. Never really hear Gaga on radio and when I do it's always something from TF.

JoseLittleMonster

I'm surprised she beat Rihanna. :shocked:

:clap: and she did it with real music :nails: just saying

ladygodga

Katy Perry and other pop artists should thank Gaga for not releasing any new singles/albums this year. :coffee:

Archived