💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga: Second Most-Played UK Artist of 2011

Americano

Featured Posts

Harry

I'm genuinely very surprised that she's ahead of not just Rihanna, but Jessie J and Ed Sheeran too. This is encouraging :clap:

If it was just radio concerned she'd probably be lower, her videos got good TV play.

saltface

I'm quite pleasantly surprised :) Although if I think about it, Y&I/TEOG crossed over to adult stations like Radio 2, plus they play a lot of her older songs. I can't believe she beat Rihanna tho!

MANiCURE1295

Laughing at all those people who said Rihanna took Gaga's place in the UK this past year.

JaysAMess

Gaga obvs paid for that second place.

tumblr_lsxi91liUz1r40ds2o1_250.gif

Laughing at all those people who said Rihanna took Gaga's place in the UK this past year.

Rihanna's always been the bigger star in the UK though.

MANiCURE1295

Gaga obvs paid for that second place.

tumblr_lsxi91liUz1r40ds2o1_250.gif

Rihanna's always been the bigger star in the UK though.

That's not true. Gaga was huge in the UK during the tf/Tfm

StrawberryBlond

I'm genuinely very surprised that she's ahead of not just Rihanna, but Jessie J and Ed Sheeran too. This is encouraging :clap:

If it was just radio concerned she'd probably be lower, her videos got good TV play.

I second that. I thought Katy Perry would be above her too. Really silences all those people who said the BTW era was a flop. If this is how Gaga's performing when she's supposedly "flopping" can you imagine how she looks when she's "winning?" Just think, if it weren't for Adele, she likely wouldn't have been labelled as a flop this time around. Adele blew everyone else out the water to the extent that Gaga couldn't help but look pale in comparison. Everyone in 2011 did. Had 21 never happened, no way would Gaga have been considered such a flop and her singles might even have charted better without Adele to compete with. This is why I'm glad that she's releasing her next album late 2012/early 2013. Adele won't be releasing any new work until 2014 so we don't have to worry about Adele competition with Gaga's next era (well, her first single release may clash somewhat around about the time of Adele's single only release at the end of the year, but I'm sure her management will time releases very carefully).

papergangster

Kind of shocked, but I know she won't be dominating 2012 like she did in 2011.

Archived