Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Michael Jackson died 8 years ago today

Supersonic

Featured Posts

SissyFromSpace

it feels so much longer than that :( RIP king of pop.

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Laceface

I remember the night. At a prom after party & everyone was off their face crying, some with it being their first time drinking :flop: 

SissyFromSpace
Just now, Laceface said:

I remember the night. At a prom after party & everyone was off their face crying, some with it being their first time drinking :flop: 

for me I remember being on MySpace and everyone was posting it as a status 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard the news

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

FentyGa

My mum became obsessed after and bought all of his albums and a signed picture:ladyhaha:

Just now, maxblac said:

My mum became obsessed after and bought all of his albums and a signed picture:ladyhaha:

My stepmother is obsessed with him, she has all of him albums (some still vinyl discs), I was out with my father that day and when we got home she was sobbing her eyes out in the couch in front of the TV :noparty: 

Laceface
6 minutes ago, Lance said:

for me I remember being on MySpace and everyone was posting it as a status 

How could I forget the legendary social media site, MySpace :giveup:

Just now, Nene Areola said:

I remember not caring but at the funeral I stared crying :madge:

I don't blame you, Paris's speech was :diane: 

The King of Pop gone way to soon and there will never be anyone like him ever again, I remember I was 11 years old hearing about his death on my way home from school everyone in the world was shocked and saddened. I can't believe it's been 8 years it does feel so much longer than that but his music and legacy will live on forever 

OMonster

I was 11 at the time and, whilst I was very shocked and saddened by the news, I think I was too young (or perhaps too unacquainted) to really understand what his death meant. 

Now almost 20, I look at his death very, very differently. 

A total tragedy of an icon who changed music and showmanship forever. 

His compassion and sheer genius has left a legacy that casts every artist today in a very dark shadow - with the reluctant exception of a select few.

Spoiler

Truthfully, I think it is only Beyonce, Bruno and Gaga who even remotely compare. They each carry an element of Michael within them - but none of them have it all. Bruno carries the showmanship, Beyonce carries the presence and the dancing, whilst Gaga encapsulates the authenticity (her voice, her writing, her vision and prowess) that Michael had... as in, you know, he wasn't just another performer.  

subtext / fantasy

andreas85

I remember that like it was yesterday. It was the biggest news related to popular culture for me. It was a sad day but fortunately one other great talent had already made her breakthrough by that time.

Archived