question

Is Gaga Still Incredibly Famous?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PerfectIllusion

The GP never loved Gaga as much as they do now!!! In first years of her career the actually hated her but she proved them wrong with her talent :diane:

She's still one of the most famous, but she's not that popular/overexposed now. It's going to stay that way, and it's okay. She's at that point that she's well liked and respected by most people. and she's too good to be hated. :firega:

rumours

She is still quite famous (although to a lesser extent than before). 

But I've said it before and I'll say it again: people with great vocal prowess at least have the ability to make a comeback. This is why I think artists like Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, etc (those with good voices) will be around for a long while. 

DawnNutella

I would say she's bigger now than ever with the gp. Where they use to maybe see her as strange or just for her clothing/style now more of them know what a great singer and performer she is. 

MarcusBones

I think she's more respected as an artist now than she's ever been. She's solidified her place in the industry and without bias I can say that she has reached icon status.

bloody g

Joanne settled her as the talented pop icon the world will remember

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

LustForLife

She has many iconic & big hits, but she's not even close famous as she used to be at least in Europe, and other parts in the world, sadly. 

Matangi Goddess

Gaga is nowhere near her the peak of commercial success and stardom that she had during the early stages of her career.  She fell off and declined very quickly as she rose into the spotlight. She was always seen as a very controversial overthrow figure. The biggest thing that destroyed her career was when she became a LGBT Icon and released Born This Way album! The world was not ready to accept someone who was as outspoken and challenging.Gaga will always maintain a form of fame that is visible but she will not the be the most talked about and interesting artist that everyone talked about.

Lady Gaga was a phenomenon that intrigued everyone but she alienated herself from the general public through her over the top theatrics, fashion statements, and her gay activism through her music & performances.  The public don't understand nor will get her ART.  She is not an artist that has commercial and universal appeal anymore unless she completely re brands herself or just returns back to being Stefani. Anything with the name Lady Gaga attached to turns off people. Yes, People respect Gaga and think she can sing but that does not interest them into buying her music and actually keeping up with her.  She is viewed as being very weird, eccentric, and different in an unattractive way. 

HOTNebraskaGuy
26 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Hopefully if LG6 is a pop album with commercial tracks on it, unlike Perfect Illusion which just wasn't radio friendly or Million Reasons which wasn't really either, she'll at least get an Applause-level hit 

Are we still pretending Pop is commercial? Guys it's not 2010 anymore. :selena:

One, five, ten lay a million on me

HOTNebraskaGuy

I think Gaga is still extremely popular at the moment. She's known by almost everyone, and when she does something big such as the Super Bowl everyone praises it.

However I think regarding her pop career she's already reached a peak in popularity. That's probably why she's ventured out into other things such as jazz and acting these past few years.

One, five, ten lay a million on me

After ARTPOP she worked hard to improve her reputation, as she wasn't very popular by the GP before that, but since - with the Oscars & SP performance and a lot of other ****, I think she's become rather well liked and popular by the GP, even if she might not sell as well before.

sipthistea

She's not huge anymore but she's still big enough to influence artists like Miley Cyrus, Harry Styles and Wholsey

No matter what you say she is as iconic as people like MJ and Madonna. Her legacy is what people would spend whole life to achieve, she did it all in 5 years. MJ pushed boundaries for African Americans, Madge pushed boundaries for female, Gaga did it for the gays. Call me delusional, Bad Romance will be remembered as one of the most iconic songs of all time. Gaga's name will appear on books. In fact, I have taken a pop music course at my university recently, Gaga, Madge and MJ are the only ones mentioned in the "pop" category. When we covered other genres, it was NWA, Tupac, Beatles, Queen, Giorgio Moroder, James Brown Etta James etc that were mentioned. See where Gaga is when it comes to a music scholar's POV. She is the biggest thing of this generation, no doubt. And she is the only one who is under 35 who got a whole lecture talking about her impact. JB, Brit, KP, NSync, 1D etc only shared 1 slide with their pic on the PowerPoint. 

Yuuri
1 hour ago, Red said:

She has just given the most watched performance of all time

/thread

And they said Katy was flopping.

W4UGIESkYalH3hA2V5vwx1Pse_Fs61E0koICOeyw

Archived