138 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like the best?

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
17 minutes ago, Laatashaa said:

Out of those 22 Grammy how many of them are AOTY and not in R&B Categories that don't exist anymore? giphy.gif

A Grammys a Grammy. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

StrawberryBlond
13 hours ago, Laatashaa said:

@StrawberryBlond How do you feel about Beyonce getting snubbed at the Grammys? It's kinda interesting how everybody worships her yet she couldn't beat Adele. Adele hasn't promoted 25 since early 2016 while Beyonce has been through hoops and hurtles to appeal to Grammy voters yet she still couldn't win. I think that's kinda telling about how people view her in the industry and not everybody believes in the whole "Queen B" Agenda.

It's an interesting thing. I was fully expecting her win, myself. I even said pre-ceremony: "If Beyonce doesn't win, there will be riots and her fans will be baying for blood." I can't really work out a reason based on anything more than conservative voter bias. Like, because it was an explicit album and because it was experimental in parts, it wasn't the most public friendly option to let win. This is likely the reason why rap albums so rarely win. The academy are known for conservatism at this moment. But considering she only won 2 awards the whole night despite having many nominations was even stranger. My other reasoning is that they feel she maybe has enough Grammys and someone else needs a chance? Maybe even they don't want to make the most predictable choice all the time. I mean, even Taylor didn't sweep the board with wins for 1989 even though it was the biggest selling album at the time. Weird that she won AOTY despite only winning one other award for it, though. The academy needs to be more consistent for sure. Considering that Lemonade was the best reviewed album and the academy tend to let the best reviewed one win, it was unusual. But it's not the first time that's happened. Adele did have more sales and that might have trumped the critical acclaim in their eyes. Sometimes, they go for sales over acclaim. But I didn't expect them to do it 2 years in a row, they usually do it every other year.

LADYGAGASHOOCK
On 2017-06-26 at 3:47 AM, Thomas P said:

Drunk In Love outpeaked every gaga hit since Born This Way the song th

On 2017-06-26 at 10:32 PM, Matangi Goddess said:

LOL M.I.A music is different from Beyonce and Gaga who make Pop music! Her music is political and social charged and not meant/designed for mass consumption. She is not given the same platform and MASSIVE industry Push & Finance that these two get so I don't compare them. 

Gaga and Beyonce both make music to sell and profit their major record labels so thats why I compare them both but back to Gaga....

How come Gaga can't outsell Beyonce tho if she is truly a big phenomena that you all believe her to be? I am not saying Gaga is irrelevant but How is she on the same level as Beyonce who is more talked about, sells more albums, and gains tour sales that gross 3x the amount Gaga has with ArtRave tour?

If she has fans outside LGBT and a diverse fanbase, then How come Gaga still can't achieve the same commercial feats as her contemporary  and competition in the music industry in the last few years since her downfall from ARTPOP? 

Do you recognize the album 4. It peaked and then it was "mrs. free falling" on the charts. 

And don't even try to bring down Taylor. and since you're so passionate by sales and charts. 1989 or Lemonade. Who outsold Who?

Seems like the Beyonce "goddess" is free falling

tenor.gif

Thomas P
7 minutes ago, LADYGAGASHOOCK said:

Why was I quoted in this mess?

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived