💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Why Are Most Upcoming Movies Sequels/Spinoffs?

AmericanGUY

Featured Posts

AmericanGUY

i'm just curious, i'm looking at the release list for 2018 and…

Deadpool 2

Wreck-It-Ralph 2

Mary Poppins Returns

Mission Impossible :toofunny:

Incredibles 2

The Star Wars Spinoffs

etc.

has Hollywood run out of original ideas that are not superhero movies?

the only sequel that has potential is Incredibles 2 because at least they have material to work with (jack-jack's superpower)

discuss, are you looking forward to any sequels or are you disappointed with hollywood's creative drought? 

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

Kermit

2018 will be the year for bangtastic sequels. :rockstar:

I personally can't believe there are about 6 marvel (3 through Fox and 3 through Marvel/Disney) movies coming next year. :excited2:

The Incredibles two coming thru when I'm an adult. :air:

The Nun spinoff film as an addition to The Conjuring universe. :giveup:

There are good, fresh and original movies coming out, you've just got to look for them when they're released. :shrug: I think hollywood film industry is fine. We as movie goers just have to search for what we want to see instead of complaining aboutwhat is bound to attract mass attention/all while bringing in the money. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

DeleteMyAccount

"has Hollywood run out of original ideas that are not superhero movies?"

Moonlight, La La Land, Moana, Zootopia, Manchester by the Sea, Kubo, Sing Street, 13th, Hacksaw Ridge, Little Men, Sausage Party, Hidden Figures, GET OUT, etc. All from 2016. 

There has always been sequels and remakes. I don't get the argument of why people are so shocked by it. The Hollywood "run out of ideas" is such a bad argument as most people who complain probably don't support local theaters or smaller budget films that usually go unnoticed until Award season.

Azor Ahai

It's hard to have a new idea for an action movie. Like, it's either going to be a spy thriller, something with aliens/robots/monsters/superheroes and all these are so similar with existing movies so instead of making unoriginal genre movies, they just make sequels for the existing ones. I have no problem with that.

The Child

Or reboots or remakes

*cough* ASIB *cough*

:stalkga:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

River

Deadpool was a fans request in some sense.. even the 1st one

Avatar because the 1st made a lot of money, but now it's kinda too late lol who's going to watch it?

Mary Poppins Returns - burn it, it's another remake for the new generation that is going to ruin a legendary movie.. (just like Jumanji etc)

Incredibles 2 is something that everyone wanted for years and finally they did it, so this one is a good sequel..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

HOTNebraskaGuy

:selena: Excited for these though 

One, five, ten lay a million on me

Azor Ahai
3 minutes ago, DominicB said:

2018 will be the year for bangtastic sequels. :rockstar:

I personally can't believe there are about 6 marvel (3 through Fox and 3 through Marvel/Disney) movies coming next year. :excited2:

The Incredibles two coming thru when I'm an adult. :air:

There are good, fresh and original movies coming out, you've just got to look for them when they're released. :shrug: I think hollywood film industry is fine. We as movie goers just have to search for what we want to see instead of complaining aboutwhat is bound to attract mass attention/all while bringing in the money. 

I agree. 

Like think about it. If it wasn't sequels, there would be just another blockbuster summer film with a generic name like "Star Explorers", "Invincible" or "The chosen one!!"

FRANK1991

Well, let's hope the Dark Universe from Universal gets cancelled cos we don't need any of that!

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Mirages
12 minutes ago, DominicB said:

Can't wait for this one! :excited2:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Sorcerer
12 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

"has Hollywood run out of original ideas that are not superhero movies?"

Moonlight, La La Land, Moana, Zootopia, Manchester by the Sea, Kubo, Sing Street, 13th, Hacksaw Ridge, Little Men, Sausage Party, Hidden Figures, GET OUT, etc. All from 2016. 

There has always been sequels and remakes. I don't get the argument of why people are so shocked by it. The Hollywood "run out of ideas" is such a bad argument as most people who complain probably don't support local theaters or smaller budget films that usually go unnoticed until Award season.

This. :applause:

We always focus on possible blockbuster films. Such sequels and spin-offs are rarely noticed by award giving bodies. Really good films are still released and they are very original. Go watch Dunkirk this summer. A lot of beautiful films will be released in the awards season time. We will also have a Scorsese and Spielberg film in 2018.

Sequels and franchises hve always been a part of Hollywood. You just can't remove that. Heck even The Godfather is a trilogy. ASIB is a remake. But that doesn't remove the potential that it might be good.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 

Han Solo movie

ASIB :poot:

IT part 2 (maybe)

The Incredibles 2 :giveup:

The Nun 

Halloween 

Jeepers Creepers 3 :grr:

AmericanGUY
8 minutes ago, Sizzily said:

I won't stand for this Star Wars shaming.

i love me some Star Wars, don't get me wrong, but i think i can deal without the Han Solo spinoff :sweat:

꧁ 𝕛'𝕧𝕖𝕦𝕩 𝕡𝕒𝕤 𝕞𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕣 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕦𝕝𝕖 ꧂

Archived