💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What do you think about real fur?

beboskoukla

Featured Posts

Bazaar

I think it's beautiful and fancy but at the same time it's kinda sick to wear a dead's animal skin/fur...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bette Davis

I can't help but instantly be repulsed by strangers who wear real fur. It comes off completely selfish, ignorant, vain, unnecessary and barbaric. If you think it's okay, then you need to educate yourself and expose yourself to the reality and suffering behind fur. Look up images and videos of distressed, sick foxes stuffed in cages, wolves with their paws in snares, the amount of animals that go into one articles of clothing, how they kill the animals, etc. If you can still feel okay with fur after that, then you may want to see a therapist.

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Phoenix

You dont need fur in cold places. For someone who lives in a place where temperature over winter drops under -27°C, i have never used fur nor do people here, and we live normal.

Unless you live in extreme conditions with under 30-40°C dont use that excuse.

💎

The Fame

I think wearing real fur for fashion (not survival in harsh climates) is ****ing awful, and it's the only thing Gaga does that I hate.

XXXXX

I'm not vegan but I'm vegetarian. And I don't think it's cool to kill animals for any reason (only if they're not trying to kill you/someone else).

You can wear faux fur/leather and still look great.

TheKillerQueen

I don't like the fact of wearing a dead animals skin, it's just nasty. :/ There are situations when it's okay to wear it, but wearing for fashion is a bit wrong. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

GypsyBabe

I don't have a problem wearing vintage fur. But to be honest, I do have leather purses and fur lined gloves. 

It gets really f****** cold here. And fur lined gloves keep my hands from falling off. 

I'm not sure. I feel badly about it, but we as humans have been wearing leather and fur for eons. I don't think that animals should be abused and skinned alive so I can look nice, but there are legitimate reasons for wearing fur and leather too. 

⚯͛

Reality
1 hour ago, Misaki said:

I'm perfectly fine trying to buy a piece of fur that's been dead for a long time. Maybe not a decade but more like something vintage.

What's the difference though? If the animal was still killed and abused, what matters if it's been dead for a long time?

EDIT - Unless vintage fur goes through some other kind of process. I'm ignorant when it comes to fashion so I don't know :sweat:

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

GypsyBabe
42 minutes ago, Bette Davis said:

I can't help but instantly be repulsed by strangers who wear real fur. It comes off completely selfish, ignorant, vain, unnecessary and barbaric. If you think it's okay, then you need to educate yourself and expose yourself to the reality and suffering behind fur. Look up images and videos of distressed, sick foxes stuffed in cages, wolves with their paws in snares, the amount of animals that go into one articles of clothing, how they kill the animals, etc. If you can still feel okay with fur after that, then you may want to see a therapist.

Yes, but then that's opening a can of worms. Palm oil is in pretty much every item of packaged food and many cosmetic items. I'm an anthropologist and it sickens me that villages are being burned down and animals are being starved, captured, sold, or just burned alive in order to build palm plantations in Southeast Asia/Indonesia. So wherein lies the difference? I'm not going to call a girl that wears lipstick a monster, but is she not then by your standards? If you eat peanut butter, Oreos, cereals, granola bars, have makeup, then you are just as bad. The same goes for consuming coffee. 

Open discussion is important, but be careful before you insult people who have leather, because there is a lot more to the whole issue of animal rights than a purse or a fur coat. 

Edit: I just reread this and it sounds harsh. It is meant for discussion only. I really like you. :hug:

⚯͛

AJH219

I think anything is fair game in the fashion world. 

'All our dreams can come true IF we have the courage to pursue them'-Walt Disney

Of course I'm definitely against fur (im even vegetarian), but if someone gave me a fur coat i'd wear it every single day they look so pretty smh. So I guess Im pretty hypocritical with that. But faux fur does look the same so if I ever went to go buy a fur coat id look for faux.

Spoiler

but also even if you say no fur!! thats killing animals!!!11!!!!1 i bet you have some kind of leather item you use commonly.

Bette Davis
On 6/23/2017 at 7:22 AM, GypsyBabe said:

Yes, but then that's opening a can of worms. Palm oil is in pretty much every item of packaged food and many cosmetic items. I'm an anthropologist and it sickens me that villages are being burned down and animals are being starved, captured, sold, or just burned alive in order to build palm plantations in Southeast Asia/Indonesia. So wherein lies the difference? I'm not going to call a girl that wears lipstick a monster, but is she not then by your standards? If you eat peanut butter, Oreos, cereals, granola bars, have makeup, then you are just as bad. The same goes for consuming coffee. 

Open discussion is important, but be careful before you insult people who have leather, because there is a lot more to the whole issue of animal rights than a purse or a fur coat. 

Edit: I just reread this and it sounds harsh. It is meant for discussion only. I really like you. :hug:

Interesting point for sure! For me the difference is the visibility between the two. Palm oil is abundant, but invisible. For exampe, I can't realistically expect everyone to understand the effects of buying Oreos that are laced with palm oil, but the effects of wearing fur are so obvious. For that reason I don't view them the same. You have to be extremely selfish or willfully ignorant to support the fur industry. That is why people who wear fur disgust me. It shows that they value their vanity and appearance more than the lives of countless innocent creatures put through living hell.

As far as leather goes, I don't view leather on the same level as fur. It's a biproduct of the meat industry. Although I wish people wouldn't kill cows at all, I would rather more of the animal get used for something than get wasted. 

No offense taken :hug:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

Frankenztein

People who say they are against fur, but still buy/own things made by child laborers in Asia are hypocrites. So any of you who claim to be sooo against fur but own a phone, laptop, clothes made in sweatshops, etc are hypocrites.

It confuses me how much people prioritize bunny rabbits lives more than human ones. 

Andrea B

I'm against it. it makes me sad that Gaga still uses fur considering she always talks about kindness and love:huh:  also she has a lot of money she can buy a house full of faux clothes, idk why she still wears real fur

Creyk
On 2017. 06. 23. at 3:26 PM, Phoenix said:

I am against it. killing animals for clothes, fur, leather or whatever.

And gaga using it is a big "-" for me.

On 2017. 06. 23. at 3:39 PM, Bazaar said:

I think it's beautiful and fancy but at the same time it's kinda sick to wear a dead's animal skin/fur...

On 2017. 06. 23. at 3:53 PM, The Fame said:

I think wearing real fur for fashion (not survival in harsh climates) is ****ing awful, and it's the only thing Gaga does that I hate.

2 hours ago, Andree said:

I'm against it. it makes me sad that Gaga still uses fur considering she always talks about kindness and love:huh:  also she has a lot of money she can buy a house full of faux clothes, idk why she still wears real fur

Gaga wears fur because she views it as art.

Even she suffers for her own art, it's understandable she expects others to do the same. Her perspective is completely reasonable.

Archived