153 members have voted

1. 1. Madonna vs. Mariah vs. Janet

• Madonna
    • Mariah
    • Janet

Featured Posts

Muscletank
1 hour ago, ToxicHot said:

Why should I buy it if I only want to give it a listen??!! It's not like I have money to just throw around. I'm not even a really big fan so I probably wouldn't (at least immediately) like all of it. And YouTube is annoying with ads and such. But I guess it would have to do in the meantime.

Is that a serious answer? You said you wished you could listen to her discography in full and I gave you two legitimate options including one which was FREE! You could probably pick up her ENTIRE discography for under 50 bucks lol.  Too many ads?? Wow poor you!!! :usrs::madge:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
2 minutes ago, Muscletank said:

Is that a serious answer? You said you wished you could listen to her discography in full and I gave you two legitimate options including one which was FREE! You could probably pick up her ENTIRE discography for under 50 bucks lol.  Too many ads?? Wow poor you!!! :usrs::madge:

giphy.gif

ToxicHot
50 minutes ago, Muscletank said:

Woah what's with the attitude? :awkney: $50 is still a lot. Why do you even care?

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Ferrer Zorola
On 22/6/2017 at 9:20 PM, Rumours1977 said:

94785_mariah_carey_george_holz_1998_inst

Janet-Jackson.jpg

You should have included pics that are actually from Maria and Jane

LIFE IS GOOD

rumours
1 minute ago, Ferrer Zorola said:

You should have included pics that are actually from Daria and Jane

Fixed 

tumblr_nwyyhv19ZK1s26zcjo1_500.gif

XGirlfriend

All three are incredibly amazing legends but I'm seeing alot of Mariah slander in her. The disrespect. :madge:

Anyone who knows music would know what Mariah has offered to the music industry, put aside the mammoth-sized voice and you'll find an amazing songwriter, composer and a heck of a producer. Now add back those vocals, her arrangements and the vocal technique are out of this world. She's literally the human form of music. Sure, her later years haven't been all that, but don't discredit this woman and her talents. Her music is incredible and her influence extends to everyone from Beyonce, Gaga, Xtina, Ariana etc She is one of the greats. 

On 6/22/2017 at 6:19 PM, Lady Palutena said:

Mariah. I grew up with her and I connected with her music because, being Trans, I felt like an outsider and I'm also bi-racial like she is so I felt the same way she did in that regard.

I don't like to be that person who says "without so and so, so and so would be..." but Mariah pioneered the hip-hop/urban collabs in mainstream music.  Before Fantasy with O.D.B. nobody was doing collaborations in pop music, she went against the grain and featured a rapper in her music. After her, more and more people started doing it.

And I'm sorry, but nothing I've heard from Madonna has ever made me feel any type of emotion. With Mariah, I play one of her songs and I'm over here crying for someone who left me that doesn't even exist. Or when she takes you inside that place of not knowing who you really are and never fitting in. That **** makes me emotional because I relate. I've never related with Madonna on anything. 

And yeah, people are so quick to call Mariah shady but she never shaded anyone who didn't start it first. You know, like how Madonna said Mariah isn't particularly bright and she'd rather kill herself than be her? I don't blame Mariah for not liking Madonna, she seems to be the shady one; when a new girl came on the scene, she was nice at first but then after her 2nd album dropped, only because of similar chord progression, she was quick to dismiss her as being "reductive" and used the song to mock her on tour. Say what you want but Mariah would never do that. Sure, she's mocked Eminem a few times but that's only because he insinuates they had a sexual relationship. I believe Mariah when she says it never happened.

So yeah, Mimi all the way, I do like pop music more than her urban tracks but at the end of the day, she wins by a landslide.

P.S. I'm sorry, but I don't really know anything of Janet. The only songs I know of hers are Runaway and Nasty... :selena:

the "i'd rather kill herself" was a response to a reporter who asked a dumb question if Madonna would want to be Mariah Carey. She'd rather "kill herself" because she wants to be herself and not someone else. Lol people took this too seriously when she said that. It's Madonna's humor.

24 minutes ago, SylkMonster said:

All three are incredibly amazing legends but I'm seeing alot of Mariah slander in her. The disrespect. :madge:

Anyone who knows music would know what Mariah has offered to the music industry, put aside the mammoth-sized voice and you'll find an amazing songwriter, composer and a heck of a producer. Now add back those vocals, her arrangements and the vocal technique are out of this world. She's literally the human form of music. Sure, her later years haven't been all that, but don't discredit this woman and her talents. Her music is incredible and her influence extends to everyone from Beyonce, Gaga, Xtina, Ariana etc She is one of the greats. 

I don't think they're bashing about Mariah's achievements and legacy bc no one can deny her impact on music, but she comes off as a shady diva and a b*tch like madonna. Love both though. 

On 6/22/2017 at 5:31 PM, Muscletank said:

I think you are making the mistake of equating powerful vocals and octave range with being a good singer. There are 1000's of session singers up and down the country that will never hit the big time that can hit notes that Madonna never will be able to and carry a tune. The reason being a singer isn't just about "hitting the notes". It's also about tone, melody and most of all-emotion. I think you're doing Madonna a great disservice by dismissing her vocals on what is undoubtedly one of the best female albums of all time. The emotion that is delivered in Oh father or Promise to Try  holds much more conviction to me than Mariah being able to shatter a glass with her octave range.

Both of them have their place. Mariah is undoubtedly an amazing technical singer. But,  I personally never cared for the actual tone of her voice. To me, someone like Kylie  conveys more emotions than Mariah Carey and Kylie is not a "great technical singer". They all have a seat at the table and have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Omg finally someone who I can agree with about being a good singer. Most people nowadays base good singing on the highest note you can hit and having a screamfest. It's annoying. 

Sam Dey

Madonna (back in the days)

But Janet made some amazing albums too, like The Velvet Rope. That album is even better than Mariah's entire career. She just isn't on the same level as Janet and Madonna.

Archived