Madonna vs. Mariah vs. Janet  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Madonna vs. Mariah vs. Janet

• Madonna
    • Mariah
    • Janet

Featured Posts

rumours

Rank the three from best to worst (in your opinion). Who's the best?

Discuss:classy:

Year-2013.jpg

94785_mariah_carey_george_holz_1998_inst

Janet-Jackson.jpg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ashae

Why spend time voting on this poll when you could be streaming the popular single by stefani joanne angelina germanotta, the cure :selena:

rumours
1 minute ago, ashae said:

Why spend time voting on this poll when you could be streaming the popular single by stefani joanne angelina germanotta, the cure :selena:

Who?:oprah:

Spoiler

:giggle:

Hades

Madonna is my favourite artist. I also enjoy a lot of Mariah songs/albums. I only use 3 or 4 Janet songs. Never cared for her.

sipthistea

Madge, of course. 

Mariah and Janet just can't sing. Throwing a bunch of high notes is not singing 

juju

Damn, I feel wrong having to pick!

They all have their strengths, but I'm going with Janet. She's the full package, a good voice, slick choreo, hot songs, she can do no wrong.

3 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

Madge, of course. 

Mariah and Janet just can't sing. Throwing a bunch of high notes is not singing 

:awkney: 

So... you're saying Madonna can sing and Mariah can't? Girl............................................. :awkney: 

❤ x ❤

juju

Note to OP, where is Kylie Minogue :oprah: She's up there with these three, tbh.

❤ x ❤

rumours
1 minute ago, juju said:

Note to OP, where is Kylie Minogue :oprah: She's up there with these three, tbh.

Being from the US, I must say that I am not very familiar with her at all (she isn't popular here really). Any songs you suggest in particular?

Kermit

Madonna > Janet > Mariah.

Madonna has reinvented her sound many times and has proven herself the queen of pop stature.

Janet's voice is very annoying to the point where it seems like she's whispering, but she has proven to be one of the greatest female dancers of all time. Her acting career isn't that bad at all. She's a better actress than she is an artist. 

Mariah is bland and I feel like she puts out the same songs every album. She doesn't branch out of her shell and cover new things. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

juju
Just now, Rumours1977 said:

Being from the US, I must say that I am not very familiar with her at all (she isn't popular here really). Any songs you suggest in particular?

Depends on what you like!

Impossible Princess is her Ray of Light (although it came before :emma: ) so if eclectic trip-pop is your thing, definitely check that out. Can't go wrong with her pure dance records Light Years and Fever, or her more electro-pop works X and Aphrodite. Body Language is more R&B/urban influenced, and is a favorite of mine. Her self-titled fifth studio album has "Confide in Me", which is certainly a song you need to check out. The album itself is also very diverse, and is worth a listen. Her first four albums all have gems but they aren't exactly my favorite altogether.

Judging by you being on a Gaga forum, I can see you appreciate pop with good hooks. So I'd definitely say, perhaps start with Aphrodite? Released in 2010, it's still very "current" and honestly has some of her best material. These are a few of my favorite cuts.

Fever had CGYOMH on it, but it is one of the weaker songs to be honest:

Body Language is incredible though and up there as a favorite (Chocolate is so smooth!).

We could talk all day about Kylie, her discography is flawless. But I'd say she's definitely on par with Madonna and Janet as a pop star, her voice has it's limits like those two, but she knows how to use it. PM me if you want to continue, there's plenty more!

❤ x ❤

sipthistea
17 minutes ago, juju said:

:awkney:

So... you're saying Madonna can sing and Mariah can't? Girl............................................. :awkney: 

That's exactly correct. Madge sings live and nails it. She made a cover of La Vie En Rose for her last tourand people went absolutely mad, and they were impressed by her vocal range.

Mariah, on the other side, lipsyncs more than Britney. So... 

rumours
6 minutes ago, juju said:

Depends on what you like!

Impossible Princess is her Ray of Light (although it came before :emma: ) so if eclectic trip-pop is your thing, definitely check that out. Can't go wrong with her pure dance records Light Years and Fever, or her more electro-pop works X and Aphrodite. Body Language is more R&B/urban influenced, and is a favorite of mine. Her self-titled fifth studio album has "Confide in Me", which is certainly a song you need to check out. The album itself is also very diverse, and is worth a listen. Her first four albums all have gems but they aren't exactly my favorite altogether.

Judging by you being on a Gaga forum, I can see you appreciate pop with good hooks. So I'd definitely say, perhaps start with Aphrodite? Released in 2010, it's still very "current" and honestly has some of her best material. These are a few of my favorite cuts.

Fever had CGYOMH on it, but it is one of the weaker songs to be honest:

Body Language is incredible though and up there as a favorite (Chocolate is so smooth!).

We could talk all day about Kylie, her discography is flawless. But I'd say she's definitely on par with Madonna and Janet as a pop star, her voice has it's limits like those two, but she knows how to use it. PM me if you want to continue, there's plenty more!

Will listen to these. Thanks:kara:

DeanWinchester

There's a lot of reasons why Madonna is called THE queen of pop

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

juju
Just now, sipthistea said:

That's exactly correct. Madge sings live and nails it. She made a cover of La Vie En Rose for her last tourand people went absolutely mad, and they were impressed by her vocal range.

Mariah, on the other side, lipsyncs more than Britney. So... 

Mariah literally redefined vocals in pop music and has an out-of-this-world range, her abilities are unmatched but for a few performers, Madonna not being one of them. There's really no comparison :toofunny: 

And people were blown away by La Vie En Rose mostly because they were impressed Madonna actually sounded decent, not because of her vocal abilities. :awkney: Her impact on pop was major, but her voice had very little to do with that. And last I checked, Madonna uses pre-recorded "live" vocals in all of her concerts, so....

❤ x ❤

Archived