💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's Original Debut Album

slayo

Featured Posts

slayo

Is there much known about Gaga's original plans for the album before The Fame? I'm referring to the majority of Gaga's unreleased material such as:

Spoiler

- Blueberry Kisses

- Fancy Pants

- Shake Your Kitty

- Glitter and Grease

- Fever

- Filthy Pop

- Sexy Ugly

- Let Love Down

- Ribbons

- Reel Cool

- Rockshow

- Fooled Me Again (Honest Eyes)

- Wonderful

- Dirty Ice Cream

- Retro Physical

- Kandy Life

Etc...

I'm assuming that all these tracks were just from the original 'The Fame' sessions from around 2006, but has Gaga ever commented on these songs or talked about what her plans were for them? Just curious.

Make it stupid!

venusfly

When artists write albums they usually come up with hundreds of songs and then narrow it down to the final tracklist, they don't just write up 15 songs and release them, I guess all these songs were just ones that didnt make the final cut

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

When artists write albums they usually come up with hundreds of songs and then narrow it down to the final tracklist, they don't just write up 15 songs and release them, I guess all these songs were just ones that didnt make the final cut

I need to bookmark this post and repost it everytime somebody makes a thread about "the original ARTPOP" or the "original LG5 with RedOne". :madge:

Noah

Gaga actually recorded a lot of Material 2005 with Joe Vulpis for her NYU Demo tape. They made a lot of music together as the 'Stefani Germanotta Band' and he said that they had enough for an Album. After Gaga left NYU, she didn't work with him again.

With Rob Fusari, Gaga got signed to a Label (who she'd have several meetings with). Before she got dropped she apparently worked on an Album. After leaving Def Jam, she started working with RedOne. 

You could say she had two planned debut Albums. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Illuminati

It's basically the less EDM part of The Fame, I think she started with more new york influenced piano songs and stuff like just dance, pokerface, starstruck came much later. 

I guess you could consider the Fusari songs as her original vision except Paparazzi.

monketsharona

I think most of that material was done when she was still Stefani Germanotta before even working with RedOne, Kierszenbaum, Akon and everyone involved when she started working on The Fame...

nick4bty

She started out as the Stefani Germanotta Band in New York circa 2005, where she was doing all piano driven stuff. Then she signed with Def Jam and met Rob Fusari, where he originally tried adapting the piano stuff with her but eventually moved her into a disco pop funk sound. Def Jam dropped her though, and by the time she was signed with Interscope her last sessions with Rob started moving away from disco funk to just pop, and eventually she broke up with him and they parted. Interscope introduced her to RedOne, along with Akon and others, where they came up with the Europop sound that makes up the majority of The Fame and The Fame Monster, which Interscope loved and they went rolled with. 

Basically the evolution of Gaga from 2005 to 2008 in a nutshell.

juju

Most of these songs I prefer over those on The Fame :awkney: 

Rockshow is insane, I have no idea why she left that one off. And shout out to RetroPhysical, the first Gaga song I ever heard :diane: That clip of her in the studio, iconic, truly!

❤ x ❤

Fernster7

Let Love Down,  Fooled Me Again and Wonderful are the only songs I'd save from that list so thank God she probably forgot about most of them.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

TheJackMonster
1 hour ago, Supersonic said:

I need to bookmark this post and repost it everytime somebody makes a thread about "the original ARTPOP" or the "original LG5 with RedOne". :madge:

It's still possible her vision for the album changed :awkney:

Supersonic
1 minute ago, BehindTheAura said:

It's still possible her vision for the album changed :awkney:

That's literally what the post said, but ok?

Tom Nook

Honestly I think she was always going for the 1970s glam rock David Bowie kinda futuristic celebrity vibe. The unreleased material was just possible tracks or might be for other artists. It was just a matter of time of developing The Fame further. She performed Blueberry Kisses and Summerboy at Lollapalooza 2007 with Lady Starlight while wearing the disco bra. 

3299950150_7d8a7a90e4.jpg

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

BibleThisWay

I think there's a definitive difference between pre-Fame and Fame Gaga, some songs from The Fame like Retro Dance Freak, Disco Heaven, Brown Eyes, Boys Boys Boys you can tell where from the same era as Retro Physical, Future Love, Rockshow, Dirty Ice Cream etc. Whereas you can tell songs like Poker Face, Just Dance, etc. were definitely the newer songs written for The Fame.

Wasn't Retro Physical supposed to be the lead single for her album with her old label before they dropped her?

nick4bty
27 minutes ago, BibleThisWay said:

I think there's a definitive difference between pre-Fame and Fame Gaga, some songs from The Fame like Retro Dance Freak, Disco Heaven, Brown Eyes, Boys Boys Boys you can tell where from the same era as Retro Physical, Future Love, Rockshow, Dirty Ice Cream etc. Whereas you can tell songs like Poker Face, Just Dance, etc. were definitely the newer songs written for The Fame.

Wasn't Retro Physical supposed to be the lead single for her album with her old label before they dropped her?

Filthy Pop was the supposed lead single with Def Jam. They remixed it for radio and it was even sent to stations in LA and Canada before they scrapped it last minute and eventually dropped her not even a month later.

Gaga and Fusari transitioned her SGB classic rock sound into a glam rock sound, and eventually started doing glam pop because they realized she could never go mainstream with rock, but were really just throwing **** at the wall. Ultimately Def Jam wasn't pleased with the productions and the direction and they scrapped the album and stopped funding her. I'm guessing what was ultimately going to be her debut album with Def Jam would've resembled Filthy Pop and Retro Dance Freak and BDR and that sound. Seems like they wanted a more radio friendly pop sound but wasn't getting it from Team Love Child and didn't care to put in the resources to make it happen.

When Gaga went to Interscope she brought all the disco/glam pop she did with Fusari (Fusari actually sent their recordings to Vincent) and they signed her, but ultimately wanted her to take a Europop route, which is why they connected her with RedOne and funded their sessions, asked him to re-produce some of her earlier recordings, etc. So they kept some of the late Fusari tracks (Paparazzi, BDR, etc) and included some of the earlier recordings (Brown Eyes) and others as bonus tracks. 

Archived