Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if G.U.Y. was performed at the Grammys?

Bradley

Featured Posts

AndrewGr
46 minutes ago, Galagala said:

She needs to promote DWUW first and then the amazing GYPSY. 

needed :selena:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
47 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

honestly don't think it would have done anything, DWUW was performed so many times and still wasn't enough for it to go top 10, by that time GP was done with ARTPOP, even if she managed to perform G.U.Y at the Grammy's it wouldn't have reached the popularity of Dark Horse or We Found Love, a top 40 maybe and I think that's a reach

because Do What U Want doesn't have a video.

No, the GP takes anything as long as it is promoted. Bon Appetit was flopping at first but has garnered 180 million views in such a short time because the video was packed with visuals and shocking images.

I think G.U.Y. would have reached top 10 if a lot of promotion was served. Obviously it's not easy to be as popular as Dark Horse but I was talking about decent commercial success.

Bradley
1 hour ago, bliaz said:

I didn't know it has 131 million, but I can get it, most of fans love it, I don't think is for the GP. But why radio didn't played it? Here in Mexico, for example, it didn't exist, nobody knows it, but the fans. 

Because Gaga didn't promote it. She didn't visit radio stations or appear on TV for that song.

11 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Because Gaga didn't promote it. She didn't visit radio stations or appear on TV for that song.

But Gaga didn't promote The Cure, it hasn't a MV, didn't visited radio stations to promote it... and they played it more than G.U.Y. :oprah: Why? Because The Cure has the beat and lyrics the GP loves, not G.U.Y. It's not a GP/radio friendly song. It could have been the same that happened to Marry the Night (except Marry the Night is much better). 

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes

Bradley
59 minutes ago, bliaz said:

But Gaga didn't promote The Cure, it hasn't a MV, didn't visited radio stations to promote it... and they played it more than G.U.Y. :oprah: Why? Because The Cure has the beat and lyrics the GP loves, not G.U.Y. It's not a GP/radio friendly song. It could have been the same that happened to Marry the Night (except Marry the Night is much better). 

You are right to some extent but also The Cure was a freshly released song not from any album whereas G.U.Y. was already heard by fans and was from an album released months earlier so the buzz for The Cure was bigger.

28 minutes ago, Bradley said:

You are right to some extent but also The Cure was a freshly released song not from any album whereas G.U.Y. was already heard by fans and was from an album released months earlier so the buzz for The Cure was bigger.

However, you think It could've been a hit, and I think It could've been a flop (it was) even with a lot of promo. :selena: What is past is past, we can't change anything anyway. This conversation don't make sense :laughga:  No hard feelings :trollga: :hug:

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes

Lextyr97
4 hours ago, bliaz said:

It's good for the fans, but not for the GP :sweat:

I used it for a fashion show I did that had over 70 students in it and that was hands down their favorite song from the setlist 

Galagala
3 hours ago, AndrewGr said:

needed :selena:

Oh~sorry for poor grammar

I am a Chinese. :toofunny:

AndrewGr
38 minutes ago, Galagala said:

Oh~sorry for poor grammar

I am a Chinese. :toofunny:

it's ok, I didn't want to correct your grammar, I just wanted to emphasise that I am so sad the ARTPOP era had so much potential and it's now gone :selena:

Archived