💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What if G.U.Y. was performed at the Grammys?

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

...would have saved ARTPOP's lack of longevity.

So Katy Perry gave a wonderful performance at the 2014 Grammys, she performed Dark Horse and many fans wished it was the main aesthetic of the video.

music-grammy-awards-2014-katy-perry.jpg

28_hd.jpg

katy-perry-at-the-2014-grammy-awards-per

She later performed the song at the Brits Awards again, and the song was a megahit. Rihanna also performed We Found Love at the 2012 Grammys and Brits, and We Found Love was a hit. Chained to the Rhythm had the same treatment (both at the Grammys and Brits), and it became the best selling single from Witness (top 5 hit, platinum selling single).

So during January to February 2014, Gaga wasn't shooting any movie or rehearsing for any festival shows, while I acknowledge that she had trouble with her management, I'm sure time to rehearse a Grammy performance for G.U.Y. would have been possible, if she was invited.

Roar was nominated that year, but Applause wasn't. Is this the reason why ARTPOP didn't have longevity? That if Applause was nominated, and G.U.Y. performed at the 2014 Grammys (possibly also Brits awards), it could have been a top 10 hit.

I mean G.U.Y. is definitely a song which has many potential visual themes to be explored. The video focused on Greek mythology. I just can't help but to lament the potential that G.U.Y. had :selena:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Panchecco
7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I just can't help but to lament the potential that G.U.Y. had :selena:

giphy.gif

also Venus imo had even more potential

He8MyHeart

G.U.Y had crazy potential. Talent lost that night.

On a side note, Katy's Dark Horse performance was amazing.

I don't think so. G.U.Y. is a bad song. imo. Sorry :selena:

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes

Bradley
6 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

giphy.gif

also Venus imo had even more potential

But Venus was already performed on many occasions, I feel like she didn't perform G.U.Y. during her album promotion because she wanted to save it for a single and Venus was confirmed to be only a promotional single.

Bradley
3 minutes ago, bliaz said:

I don't think so. G.U.Y. is a bad song. imo. Sorry :selena:

Not when that pre-chorus is in there :giveup:

4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Not when that pre-chorus is in there :giveup:

It's good for the fans, but not for the GP :sweat:

alp0707
2 minutes ago, bliaz said:

It's good for the fans, but not for the GP :sweat:

Actually lots of my friends knew the song and liked it and I didnt tell them to watch it

Slovakialop

By that time (early February), GUY music video wasn't shooted and even wasn't planed. 

NIghtmareElm

It would have been amazing.  Whole stage designed by Versace with a pool that Gaga would slither out of.  Covered head to toe in Versace also.  Statues behind her similar to the statues in the Ministry of Magic from Harry Potter.  

Nah. At that point the AP era was really dead so it would not have revived the era or anything.

It would of been a nice thing for us fans to enjoy though.

Spoiler

I'm just in shock that we got a super short pop era again though. I was 100% sure that after the shortness and lack of singles and mvs of the AP era that we'd be in for a nice treat with the Joanne era but instead we still only got 1 and a half singles and 3 mvs. :giveup:

7 minutes ago, alp0707 said:

Actually lots of my friends knew the song and liked it and I didnt tell them to watch it

But they added it to their playlists or bought the song? And I know a lot of people might like it, but no necessarily means it could be a hit. DWUW had everything to be a hit, it's a good song, it has that kind of beat GP loves, for example. 

Galagala

She needed to promote DWUW first and then the amazing GYPSY. :reductive:

Drin Lon

I don't think it was the song's fault, anything would have flopped at that point in her career. Gypsy maybe had a chance because it was so radio friendly but that's about it. But yeah besides releasing an amazing video she didn't do any promo for the song.

Quasi

It's so hard to think of G.U.Y. getting the public's attention given the circumstances. It almost makes me emotional to think what would happen if it did achieve commercial success because that song is my absolute favourite song. Period. I think of it as like a little sister who always had the potential, but didn't get the chance to prove herself, and now she never will. 

This is such a weird post but IT'S THAT GOOD OF A SONG. :giveup:

I don't understand pineapples, so I don't eat bananas.

Archived