💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Lorde A Better Songwriter Than Gaga?

John Wayne

Featured Posts

Drin Lon

Guys how can you do Gaga dirty like this when Bad Romance and Born This Way have saved lives :madge:

#LittleMonstersAreOverParty

#GagaDeservesBetter

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh lorde's song writing skills are really amazing.  don't forget the fact that's she's just 19. she gives excellent and genius lyrics in every song. you could read some random lyrics  of her and you would know that it's lorde without even listening to the song. The metaphors and the uniqueness are on another level. 

I guess some of gaga's songs are brillant lyrically specially the ballads. but most are just catchy pop lyrics. I'd say gaga and sia are the best pop song-writers right now. 

I don't think we could compare ... their styles are very diffrent. I hope gaga does an alternative album I'm sure it would sound great and the lyrics would be amazing. 

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, ArtPLAUSE said:

Pretty much this.

I don't think Gaga is that great of a songwriter if we focus solely on lyrics, but she is (or used to be) really extraordinary in terms of melodies. Lorde, much like many other better lyricists, couldn't even compare.

"Why do we gotta tell eachother how to live? The only prison that exist are the ones we put eachother in" - Come To Mama, Joanne 2016

"I will be right by your side! If I cant find the cure I, I'll fix you with my love. No matter what you'll know I, I'll fix you with my love. And if you say your okay, I'm gonna heal you anyway. Promise I'll be there. Promise I'll be the cure" The Cure, 2017

"Young, wild, American
Lookin' to be somethin'
Out of school go-go'n
For a hundred or two
Some asshole broke me in
Wrecked all my innocence
I'll just keep go-go'n
And this dance is on you

One, five, ten, lay a million on me
Before the end of this song

Young, wild, American
C'mon baby, do you have a girlfriend?
Rain on me a million
I'm not flawless, but I gotta diamond heart

Oh, I
I might not be flawless, but you know
I gotta diamond heart
Oh, I
I gotta diamond heart" 

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ladygaga/angeldown.html

+Dope, Joanne, Girgio Girls, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Monster, Born This Way, Marry The Night, Donatella, The Edge Of Glory, Hair, and many more all beat lyrics from Lorde

As I said, Lorde is a good song writer. But better than Gaga? No way on this earth

End Racism Now

ItsTommyBitch

Lorde is highly consistent in terms of lyrical quality. Gaga is not always. I think Gaga writes a more iconic line and melody, but Lorde's lyrics are very poetic, both in delivery and word choice. She doesn't feel the need to rhyme as much either (not that Gaga's lyrics are that rhyme heavy)

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

I do not recognise talent

Fixed 2.0:reductive:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
7 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Guys how can you do Gaga dirty like this when Bad Romance and Born This Way have saved lives :madge:

#LittleMonstersAreOverParty

#GagaDeservesBetter

Because Lorde stans are delusional:madge:

End Racism Now

ArtPLAUSE
8 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

"Why do we gotta tell eachother how to live? The only prison that exist are the ones we put eachother in" - Come To Mama, Joanne 2016

"I will be right by your side! If I cant find the cure I, I'll fix you with my love. No matter what you'll know I, I'll fix you with my love. And if you say your okay, I'm gonna heal you anyway. Promise I'll be there. Promise I'll be the cure" The Cure, 2017

"Young, wild, American
Lookin' to be somethin'
Out of school go-go'n
For a hundred or two
Some asshole broke me in
Wrecked all my innocence
I'll just keep go-go'n
And this dance is on you

One, five, ten, lay a million on me
Before the end of this song

Young, wild, American
C'mon baby, do you have a girlfriend?
Rain on me a million
I'm not flawless, but I gotta diamond heart

Oh, I
I gotta diamond heart
Oh, I
I gotta diamond heart" 

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ladygaga/angeldown.html

+Dope, Joanne, Girgio Girls, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Monster, Born This Way, Marry The Night, Donatella, The Edge Of Glory, Hair, and many more all beat lyrics from Lorde

As I said, Lorde is a good song writer. But better than Gaga? No way on this earth

She didn't even write Come To Mama.

The Cure is really cheap songwriting, lyrically. Nothing on Joanne really stands out, actually, with maybe a couple exceptions. Lorde seems clearly more talented as a lyricist.

xoxo Craig
Just now, ArtPLAUSE said:

She didn't even write Come To Mama.

The Cure is really cheap songwriting, lyrically. Nothing on Joanne really stands out, actually, with maybe a couple exceptions. Lorde seems clearly more talented as a lyricist.

She did write Come To Mama, FJM was only a co-writer

The Cure is a beautiful song.

I think you need to listen to Gaga's discography again cause Lorde comes no where near close to Gaga. Lorde is a good song writer, but Gaga is an EXCELLENT song writer. She is a class waaaaaaaay above Lorde.

End Racism Now

ArtPLAUSE
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

She did write Come To Mama, FJM was only a co-writer

The Cure is a beautiful song.

I think you need to listen to Gaga's discography again cause Lorde comes no where near close to Gaga. Lorde is a good song writer, but Gaga is an EXCELLENT song writer. She is a class waaaaaaaay above Lorde.

Lol

AlexanderMagno

She is.

Gaga's writing skills have greatly declined since The Fame Monster. She went from really complex lyrics with lots of different interpretations and subtle messages that would still be incredibly approachable to the least subtle she could be. It's very weird how her songwriting has evolved to something pretty straightforward, so rapidly. The problem is that she still tries to make it mystic and subliminal, and fails. 

Lorde still has everything Gaga used to show with her best songs, in almost every song,

xoxo Craig
29 minutes ago, Mars Spider said:

I like Lorde's more :awkney:

Don't you come for me, no not today

Dont do this to me bro:selena:

End Racism Now

Mitch XCX

"just ask your gay friends their advice before you get a spray tan on holiday in taipei"

i'd say so :madge:

Archived