šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Lorde A Better Songwriter Than Gaga?

John Wayne

Featured Posts

John Wayne

I've been listening to Melodrama on repeat for the past few days and I'm amazed by Lorde's writing skills. The metaphors she uses are so uniqe and brilliant. Honestly I think that she is a much better songwriter than Gaga.

Ā 

Discuss huntiesĀ :gaycat:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monsterious

I guess so, Lorde is more focused on the songwriting, meanwhile Gaga is more on the interpretation and the attitude of the song, that doesnt mean that Gaga's lyrics are bad (far from this) but to answer your question

Yes Lorde is a better songwriter than Gaga

Tom Nook

Well Gaga can easily write catchy pop hooks so she wins that round, but when it comes to in depth songs then Lorde is a beastĀ :classy:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

mcphee

A. They write different types of songs I guess

B. Gaga has always had high and low points in her writing, her best work is in the songs she allows other inputĀ 

conclusion: yes lorde is a more skillful writer, but that doesn't discount Gagas discography or talentĀ :gaycat:

venusfly

I think they have their respective charms, Gaga is insanely talented in metaphorical writing and Lorde is really good at just being honest and writing relatable songs. I can't really compare them since their styles are so different

DeanWinchester

Possibly but they have their own strengths.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Bette Davis

I really love Melodrama, but I will say her heartbroken, "I've been so betrayed" lyrics sometimes get a little exhausting and redundant.Ā 

Among the many lyrical routes Gaga takes, I love her vividly visual, sexual, and tongue in cheek lyrics the bestĀ :giveup:

Cold as ice cream, but still as sweet.

xoxo Craig

No not at all, Gaga is waaaay better. Joanne was full of meaningful lyrics.Ā 

Lorde is good, but not better than Gaga

End Racism Now

Archived