💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why no ARTPOP (Deluxe Edition)?

shmal96

Featured Posts

shmal96

So we all know Gaga had a ton of songs in various stages of development during the ARTPOP era, saved for things like the app :rip: or ACT II :neyde:. Obviously some songs were probably just instrumentals or she just had ideas for lyrics, but some were definitely more complete than others (Like Brooklyn Nights, Stache). So when she was choosing what songs to put on ARTPOP, why wasn't there a (Deluxe) edition with just 2-3 more songs/demos? 

For example, imagine ARTPOP (Deluxe) with Brooklyn Nights, Onion Girl and Aura (Demo), or something like that. Many albums have a deluxe, why was one not planned for ARTPOP? 

shoful

I honestly don't know especially when she was saying things like "TEA and MJH were battling it out for track 12" 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

because she changed management and decided to scrap the era and end it asap

CyanLights

I think the whole plan was to released Act II as an EP along with ARTPOP. Like the original song on ARTPOP plus like 6 or 7 more new songs 

actsleazy
4 minutes ago, shoful said:

I honestly don't know especially when she was saying things like "TEA and MJH were battling it out for track 12" 

it was brooklyn nights and mjh but yeah like... just add more track bih

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

Allan

I think she'd either release some extra songs in the app or the app would be the equivalent of a deluxe version, given the amount of extra content it was supposed to have.

actsleazy
5 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

Because Deluxe versions are annoying :gaycat:

more songs aren't annoying

💓💗💕💘💖💞💘💖💞💘💝💓💖💘💞💗💓💖

Jonathan Florencio

She said herself through LM's website that she was planning releasing the commercial songs on ARTPOP first, then like, after 6 months she'd release the "experimental but still catchy" songs, which probably mean ACT 2.

1zf69ok.gif

EDIT:
ri851AwpSLOKAZ6yNBUSpg.png
:giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup::giveup:

Anderson123

Maybe they thought 15 tracks for a standard album was enough. Sure, they could've thrown 3 more songs in there for a Deluxe edition but that was probably not their priority, Gaga had a bunch of ideas in her head and she was having trouble with her management.

Anyway, I think one of Gaga's ideas was to release all of these songs on the App as exclusive content because she said that herself but obviously those plans changed.

Poissonche
5 minutes ago, actsleazy said:

more songs aren't annoying

I know, I'd just prefer if the bonus tracks were just... on the standard tracklist, you know? It makes the album more cohesive in my opinion. For example, in Born This Way the bonus tracks were incorporated inside the tracklist, instead of just all at the end. I don't know.

shmal96
8 minutes ago, Allan said:

I think she'd either release some extra songs in the app or the app would be the equivalent of a deluxe version, given the amount of extra content it was supposed to have.

2 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Maybe they thought 15 tracks for a standard album was enough. Sure, they could've thrown 3 more songs in there for a Deluxe edition but that was probably not their priority, Gaga had a bunch of ideas in her head and she was having trouble with her management.

Anyway, I think one of Gaga's ideas was to release all of these songs on the App as exclusive content because she said that herself but obviously those plans changed.

I'm thinking this was true. It's just annoying because some of those songs (Brooklyn Nights for example) was basically completely done, so it wouldn't have been hard to slap it together on the Deluxe version, while work a little more with the in development songs for the App/Act II

Oh well, after all it's Just Another Day  (where I can't stop thinking about what ARTPOP could have been :air: )

Allan
4 minutes ago, Jonathan Florencio said:

1zf69ok.gif

That image broke my heart in so many levels :giveup:

She seemed so excited and full on plans, imagine how amazing the ARTPOP era she planned would be :giveup::giveup:

And also, how amazing it was to witness.mp3 her being so open to us during the short LM.com period, I miss it so much  :cryga:

Archived