💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

HDD: Witness debut: 169K Pure / 187k SPS

Brie Candy

Featured Posts

so much for the queen of streaming

nPGwZED.gif

didn't her fans have a great time in 2013 for the Roar-Applause, PRISM-ARTPOP thing?

well what's good now?

dsUZVTy.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yASSsss
9 hours ago, Haroon said:

The way people are celebrating her not doing as well as predicted or as well as her previous albums have done :spin: It's sad actually that there's such a wish to bring people down or kick people when they're down. You wouldn't like it done to you so don't do it in turn :shrug: If it's happened to you then you should know better from it and not continue the cycle, be the bigger person. If/When in the future Katy does well commercially then all this flame you're firing towards her and her fan base will just be thrown right back and the back-and-forth of hate and negativity just continues :noparty: 

ok grandma

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

yASSsss

My feelings summed up in a gif-

8421150.gif

Spoiler

:ladyhaha:

YeehawKylie

Why do people hate this bundle promotion? I really do not understand it. First of all, it is good promotion. Second of all, I assume anyone going to her concert will be a fan of her music. It's not a stretch to assume most of the people paying to see her perform would have invested in the new album. 

thierryrreiht
18 hours ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

lP7SYUl.gif

Swish Swish bish!

Another one in the basket!

Can't touch this

another one in the casket 

Babel
1 hour ago, Psychedelic said:

She might be dragged for a few months/weeks because of this underperformance compared to her standars, but later on people will only remember it was #1, it had many viral videos, the era was talked about, she will for sure put out 2 more videos at least and her tour will be visually good and people will go see her because of the hits. So no big deal.

There are artist that underperfom and give up on their projects, and when you look back and there was only 1 or 2 videos from the era, not many performances and people paid bearely attention to what was hqappening... Now that is really such boo hoo!

Well ARTPOP did more than Witness is doing so far, she debuted at #1 with strong sales for a female solo artist in 2013, no tour bundles and whatnot, it had two Top 10 singles, one of them lasting for 14 consecutive weeks at top 10 and it was a bigger radio hit than any Katy single this era, etc. and media still remembers that era as a "flop", no matter what.

So yeah, Witness era is done. I don't think what happens next will change perspective in people's mind.

NIghtmareElm

Joanne had a flop single and wasn't as talked about STILL outsold Witness.  I will have an orgasm if by some miracle Melodrama outsells Witness.

Stef
10 hours ago, G Y P S Y said:

Just for comparative sake, where was Joanne on the iTunes Charts after 1 week? Witness dropping to #30+ so quickly seems so crazy considering how popular she used to be.

Still #1 :giggle:

I remember during her final dive bar tour date on the 28th Oct she had the #1 album (Joanne Deluxe), #3 album (JoanneStandard) and #1 song (Million Wigs) 

:reductive: 

OT: this is tragic, beyond belief. Only due to the fact that it includes the boost from the ticket bundle. If this was organic sales and streams I'd be way more impressed

Signature loading… 👹🖤

CircleTheD

Amazing numbers for Katy, especially since CTTR wasn't as big as her previous lead singles and neither BA nor SS did too much damage on charts. Her tour is selling really well.

She will go back to studio and make the right moves and collaborations to burn the charts to the grounds. The promo from American Idol will be huge. She isn't stuck up and conceited like some popstars, you know. Katy is meant to stay and many, many popstars would be envious of her long success streak from 2008 - 2014. Actually, I think they are still envious. :D  

Also, some people should really calm down, just because their faves peformed on major events or sang the songs from popular blockbusters doesn't make them relevant and doesn't garantee them future success. 

Whispering
1 hour ago, IndieKylie said:

Why do people hate this bundle promotion? I really do not understand it. First of all, it is good promotion. Second of all, I assume anyone going to her concert will be a fan of her music. It's not a stretch to assume most of the people paying to see her perform would have invested in the new album. 

Or they would have downloaded it illegally or just streamed it a few times...maybe. They might have just listened to the singles and a couple of other songs off of the album from a streaming service or other. 

People here admit to not buying Joanne, but they are going to the tour! Same thing happened with ARTPOP...lots of fans here admitted to downloading the music for free. 

It's not a bad idea to offer a free copy with tour tickets, but it is different than fans actually shelling out their money for the CD. It's a way to pad the numbers, which is fine, but the fact that it is shouldn't be dismissed. 

Stef
39 minutes ago, CircleTheD said:

Amazing numbers for Katy, especially since CTTR wasn't as big as her previous lead singles and neither BA nor SS did too much damage on charts. Her tour is selling really well.

She will go back to studio and make the right moves and collaborations to burn the charts to the grounds. The promo from American Idol will be huge. She isn't stuck up and conceited like some popstars, you know. Katy is meant to stay and many, many popstars would be envious of her long success streak from 2008 - 2014. Actually, I think they are still envious. :D  

Also, some people should really calm down, just because their faves peformed on major events or sang the songs from popular blockbusters doesn't make them relevant and doesn't garantee them future success. 

Sis I know you're not trying to come for Gaga in here on this day. Perfect Illusion dropped out of the top 40 faster than you can say ferrari and the album still managed to crack the highly impressive 200k mark. And unlike a certain Ms. Katheryn, her HDD updates were consistently increasing.

Katy's numbers include the boost from the tour bundle, this makes it even more tragic. As bad as the ARTPOP era was, it was never this bad. Joanne sold amazingly as an album and the second single peaked as high as Katy's lead (granted that Gaga did do promo for MR, which isn't even a bad thing, promo can only help expose the song, its the GP interest that help it sell and do well at the end of the day, a Grammy performance couldnt keep KP's anticipated LEAD track in the top 10 for more than two weeks so yes, promo effect is very relative :giggle:)

I know you only joined here 55minutes ago and therefore are obviously here to try and downplay Gaga's better than expected album sales and tour numbers, but lets not act as though Katy is any more successful than Gaga right now. Gaga trumped her in 2008-2011, Katy had her cute imperial phase in 2013-2014 but now Gaga has trumped her again in 2017.

Log off x 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

yASSsss
47 minutes ago, CircleTheD said:

Katy had a huge spotify deal.She shaved her head,talked about Taylor to promote her song,livestreamed her life for 4 days straight,used tour bundle to inflate her sales and yet she couldn't match Joanne's first weeks sales.

Stop making excuses for Katy's failure.Her career is over.Now go back to atrl and  cry in a corner. :awkney:

Archived