Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne>>>Melodrama

Quark

Featured Posts

Melodrama is a better album than Joanne, though both are great.

But some posters are correct, if Lorde did Joanne she'd get praise, and if Gaga did Melodrama she'd be critisized harshly.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

Melondrama is for the elite snob critics..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Jaimito Sosa

All the gays are calling Joanne a "messy" album because it didn't have the bs generic ass "bops" they could scream "yaaaaaassssss" too.. Or the songs that could get them in their feelings about the crushes they have on straight guys they wish they could date, ala Lorde / Taylor Swift.

Haha just kidding.. It was a joke, so don't start coming for me. :creepflop:

But in all honesty, Joanne was a really great album... I do like a song or two on melodrama and witness. :)

SonOfAphrodite

Joanne is for driving in the Mojave desert during the day and Melodrama is driving back home through the desert during sunset. Each provide a different mood and atmosphere.

BrandonLeeSmart

They are two seperate albums it two very different sounds. Thats like comparing ARTPOP To Cheek to Cheek. You cant do it

B.Smart

alejandreaux

Joanne is a good album but Melodrama actually is way better lol. it deserves to keep that 90+ Metacritic score    

Joanne = good album

Melodrama = masterpiece 

somnambulist

The replies in this thread are basically proving your point. I dont think Melodrama is bad (its a great album), but she doesn't have a big range so while the production is stellar (better than Joanne imo) the songs all kind of sound same-ish. You can use the word "cohesive" but it sounds like one long track and it leaves me wanting something more.  With a couple exceptions, I couldn't tell you which track was which.

Joanne has so many tracks that are criminally underrated-- Diamond Heart, Come to Mama, Angel Down, Just Another Day, Sinners Prayer, and yes, even Perfect Illusion. It's honestly a fantastic album. 

You can't really compare them though, I really liked the post above this that said Joanne was the album you play when going to the desert for a vacation, and Melodrama is the one you listen to on the way back while the sun goes down.

RAMROD

I don't get where the comparison from anyway

These two albums are different to each other. 

Or is it because these album are by female artists? Is that what it is? If so, mess tbh

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

yes and

I agree. 

Melodrama is good but it's not masterpiece and it's not better than Pure Heroine :nails:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Beyoncé, Adele,Rihanna & Indie Acts even if they release the worst they´ll get a favourable review somehow.

Lady Gaga Will Never! She is The Artist That Critics Adore To Hate.

If Gaga had released "Lemonade " she would have scored  a  70 / 100 .

swakby

I'm sorry but Melodrama is one of the most exciting albums of the past years. Joanne is an ok album but let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Mr Ricky

Sorry but what's so amazing about this album? The only song that outstands for me is Perfect Places and Sober II .... :awkney: 

Crossfit

littlepotter
On 6/16/2017 at 10:06 AM, Irrelevant said:

Witness is just a level below Joanne too :saladga:

Delete this

chaeri pls

Irrelevant
Just now, littlepotter said:

Delete this

It honestly shocked me how you decided to quote an @Irrelevant opinion? :awkney: It's from like a month before, geez :awkney:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

littlepotter

Melodrama is really an exceptional album but everyone is hyping it up way more than it deserves, just like Lemonade. God I hope it won't be shoved down my throat until I hate it.

I still prefer Joanne, and maybe it's simply because it's Gaga. But objectively, Melodrama is musically better I guess.

chaeri pls

Archived