šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne>>>Melodrama

Quark

Featured Posts

fede ARTPOP
7 minutes ago, E Nigma said:

Considering Melodrama is full of current musical trends (bass, trap, synth pop/ballads), It looks like Joanne is the indie album (country, folk, soul, alternative rock, electronica).Ā 

I cant believe people shading Joanne tbh, Diamond Heart, John Wayne, Joanne, MILLION REASONS, Dancing In Circles, Angel Down areĀ now classic Gaga anthems, songs she only could make, they sound nothing alike in the industry this days, all powerful songs and unique, I mean, see this performance, it shits all over every basicĀ bitchĀ outhere;

Ā 

šŸ–¤ C H R O M A T I C A šŸ–¤

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g
8 minutes ago, E Nigma said:

Considering Melodrama is full of current musical trends (bass, trap, synth pop/ballads), It looks like Joanne is the indie album (country, folk, soul, alternative rock, electronica).Ā 

It's ironical, but at their soulĀ one is Pop and the other is Indie... C'mon we both know thatĀ :poot:

怎šŸššš­šž šœššš§š§šØš­ š›šž šœš”ššš§š šžšć€

Quark
2 minutes ago, fede ARTPOP said:

I cant believe people shading Joanne tbh, Diamond Heart, John Wayne, Joanne, MILLION REASONS, Dancing In Circles, Angel Down areĀ now classic Gaga anthems, songs she only could make, they sound nothing alike in the industry this days, all powerful songs and unique, I mean, see this performance, it shits all over every basicĀ bitchĀ outhere;

Ā 

Your exactly right. People just like to call it a country album when in reality the album is a mix of many genres (sometimes within the same songs).Ā 

Quark
1 minute ago, Bloody Grammys said:

It's ironical, but at their soulĀ one is Pop and the other is Indie... C'mon we both know thatĀ :poot:

I wouldn't be too sure about that.Ā 

47 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

Gaga has a serious chance of taking home song of the year for Million ReasonsĀ 

Melodrama makes things a bit more complicated, because if the two albums indeed are nominated for Album of the Year, they will also share the same category in Pop. But if some other album wins Album of the Year, Gaga has some chances to take Best Pop Album, it's too carefree to just write her offĀ 

Gaga's only real shot at Grammy nominations were :
Song of the Year, pop vocal album, pop vocal perforamace. and a very very distant shot at album of the year. Lorde just destroyed any chance of an Album of the year nom, but yes Gaga still has a shot at a Song of the Year nom (unless Lorde gets a hit)

In pop vocal album, it's Ed Sheeran and its not even close. Pop vocal performance is her only chance of a win I feel. If Lorde gets a hit, then all bets are off.

Ā 

Ā 

Hades

Haven't listen to Melodrama yet. But critics and even most monsters are praising it to the high heavens.:emma:

sipthistea

Critics tend to be harder towards Gaga's work because she's very eclectic and plays with a lot of elements at the same time, which is not something bad to do imo. But most of the times they don't really get the idea of it.Ā Lorde goes the other way around. She's more cohesive, the music is more articulate and in many ways she's more alternative. Critics look up to this style and give it praise more than the " pop route" Gaga goes for.Ā 

Anyway,Ā they are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ARTISTS, so it's pretty unfair that some of you are dismissing one album compared to the other. Both artists work very hard to create a piece of art, and they deserve credit for the wonderful projects they deliver.Ā 

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, E Nigma said:

Great observation. There's nothing indie about Melodrama whatsoever. Everything about it isĀ 100% mainstreamĀ pop.Ā 

Joanne on the other hand is country, soul, folk and rock.

ItWasntLaauv

How are y'all even comparing Joanne and Melodrama :poot:??Ā They're both very different in every aspect lmao. I do have to say that Melodrama is incredible though, it was definitely worth the wait.Ā :giveup::applause::nick::flutter:

StressedOut

Critics are pretty harsh towards gaga sometimes tbh, I also think that critics are being very lightly lenient on Lorde. They are both amazing albums in their own right. Also metascores aren't everything, y'know?

15jocart
1 hour ago, fede ARTPOP said:

IA. Almost each song on Joanne sounds unique and more powerful, Melodrama has only 2 songs that I like, despite having 11 songs and some are same song repeated, and Lorde album names tbhĀ :toofunny:, meanwhile Joanne at least has meaning.Ā :classy:Ā Ā 

Melodrama is one of the best album names in years!!

(Plus the cover art is amazing)

OT: Melodrama is the best album I've listened to since Joanne, and I'd say that it's of higher quality in terms of craftsmanship (every single song belongs and it really is well-put together) while Joanne is more enjoyable for me as a Gaga fan, and is more diverse.

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

LordEnigma
16 hours ago, E Nigma said:

You would be right if it was any other pop star. But not in the case of Gaga. When someone like Lorde tries something new its called genius. When Gaga does it, they always say is inauthentic.Ā 

:selena:

Melodrama is a lot of hard work and you can hear how much effort she put into it. No one is pitting them against each other except you.

Quark
4 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

:selena:

Melodrama is a lot of hard work and you can hear how much effort she put into it. No one is pitting them against each other except you.

And Joanne is not a lot of hard work? Like I already said, IĀ used Lorde as an example of the bias against Gaga. In my opinion I consider Melodrama to be inferior toĀ Joanne, and yet it getting better scores than Joanne. I also know this is subjective but this is my opinion. My conclusion is that alternative artists like Lorde are looked at more fairly than a popstar likeĀ Gaga. Even though Gaga is much more talented than most of them.Ā 

LordEnigma
21 minutes ago, E Nigma said:

And Joanne is not a lot of hard work? Like I already said, IĀ used Lorde as an example of the bias against Gaga. In my opinion I consider Melodrama to be inferior toĀ Joanne, and yet it getting better scores than Joanne. I also know this is subjective but this is my opinion. My conclusion is that alternative artists like Lorde are looked at more fairly than a popstar likeĀ Gaga. Even though Gaga is much more talented than most of them.Ā 

When did I say Joanne did not have a lot of work put into it.

Im saying that Lorde put a lot of hard work into her album and it shows. It's not like she just sat around and did nothing.

Who cares about critics?Ā :selena:

But, in my opinion, it is better than Joanne.

Archived