• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ZiggyZiggs
Just now, Peto said:

?

that was my reaction to your comment. was it not clear enough :oprah: 

Mythos

Some people just can't seem to see the light our lorde is shining upon us...

giphy.gif

wow i really like it 
i would make some changes on album
but it's okay 

sober is my top song right now along with melodrama & homemade dynamite 

ZiggyZiggs
1 minute ago, Mythos said:

Some people just can't seem to see the light our lorde is shining upon us...

giphy.gif

they need to cure their taste buds with a certain lolly :lolly:

Reality

I don't know much about the technical aspects of music, but here's my attempt at reviewing the album :sweat:

Green Light: I really like this song. It's a nice bop and I personally think it was a good choice making it the lead single. It's fast-paced compared to the rest of the tracks. But can I just say, that piano is amazing! It has a great ""pop"" vibe to it, but yet it still really fits with the rest of the album. One of my favorites. :hor:

Sober: The intro to this song really threw me off for a second—in a good way. Also, I don't know if it's a trumpet, or a sax, or something, but whatever that sound during the chorus, I love it. I think it only adds more character to the song. Again, another one of my favorites :sweat:

Homemade Dynamite: Oh my god, I love the "blowing sh*t up with homemade d-d-d-dynamite" part :giveup: The beat to this song is really nice, and the instrumentals are killer, though they are a bit more subtle. 

The Louvre: The simple guitar in the beginning is amazing. It's simple, but I think it works. The lyrics for this song are really captivating in my opinion, like "Blow all my friendships to sit in hell with you", I love that line. Also, the ending of this song is very soothing, calming, and I feel like her fading away is something that she tends to do with her songs a lot. Yet, another favorite of mine :icega:

Liability: I loved this song first listen, and I love it even more. The piano is beautiful—I'm a sucker for piano in any song :laughga:—and the piano is really the only thing that's need with the album. The lyrics are powerful and so emotional. This is a perfect ballad in my opinion. Again, another favorite :gaycat:

Hard Feelings/Loveless: {Hard Feelings} The beat of this song is really nice. This is really weird and specific, but the pace of this song reminds me of a 2000's or 2010's pop song. The instrumentals are also really interesting and sort of psychedelic nearing the end of the track. {Loveless} I love the line "We're L.O.V.E.L.E.S.S. generation." Honestly though, there's not a whole lot to say about the song just because it's so sort, but I liked it.

Sober II (Melodrama): The violins in the beginning are killer. The song is beautifully haunting, especially the part that goes "And the terror, and the horror...All the glamour and the trauma and the f*cking Melodrama". And I feel like I've said this with every track, but the instrumentals are amazing. A favorite of mine :gaysia:

Writer in the Dark: Lorde's lyrics are always captivating, and I think this song does her lyrical work justice. Also, the inredible harmonies she does during the chorus is again, like Melodrama, hauntingly beautiful. Another great ballad by Lorde, and I think this song in particular was really Bowie inspired, both sonically and with her voice. Her voice is very "Bowie-esque" here. Dare I say another favorite of mine :classy:

Supercut: I can see similarities between this track and Green Light, especially with the instrumentals. I like it, again, the instrumentals are great. It's a cute bop in my opinion, but nothing super breathtaking. 

Liability (Reprise): Honestly, I'm not too fond of this track. It's okay, but if I'm honest, I'd probably skip this. Liability, by itself, is fine enough. Her voice, like in the rest of the tracks, though sounds great.

Perfect Places: Honestly, this track is one of my favorites, if not, my favorite on the album. I think it's a good closer for the album, but this song is a bop. It's amazing! The chorus hits pretty hard—compared to the other songs on the album, and it definitely has more of a """pop"" vibe than the rest of the album, which I like.

đŸ–€đŸ‘č

monsterdino
9 hours ago, Camore said:

Best Pop Album of 2017 so far

Sorry, but Joanne and Divide are shaking to get that Grammy for Best Pop Album

Wouldn't mind if Joanne lost to Melodrama...but if they both lose to Divide...gorl :excuseu:

monsterdino
6 hours ago, JoeysWorldTour said:

Anyone seeing her in Dallas in March?  I need to see her now.  Was going to see The Weeknd but I'm saving my money for her instead.  

Good choice tbh

monsterdino
1 hour ago, Peto said:

One of the worst albums of 2017 

Sis u okay? :ohno: 

nikola

I love it....i was not expecting much from it but omg......this is so goooood

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

doppelganger

After two listens ... I have to admit that it's pretty great. The kind of easy listening album that you can just put on and enjoy.

It's atmospheric.

WildAmerican

The album is pretty good, even though a lot of the production sounds the same (piano chords and the hip-hop style beats, I was feeling Born To Die alot with the production). Nothing game-changing here, but a solid effort from Lorde. 

Favorites:

Green Light

Homemade Dynamite

Sober II

Supercut

Perfect Places  

Hard to believe Lorde is only 1 year older than me lol (:giveup:)

Archived