💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Lorde - Melodrama (Album Discussion)

monsterdino

Featured Posts

Sober grows and grows uncontrollably on me. Liability still is my favorite for the slow song and then there is Sober/Perfect Places/Green Light

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monsterish

I've really became a stan this Melodrama Era :wub: Lorde is an incredible artist and she's so young, powerful and creative! It's like if Gaga and Lana had a child, lol :laughga: I think they're my holy trinity artists :pray:

Tommy Monster

Honestly, it's one of the best albums that I've ever heard :giveup:

1. Green Light 10/10 - this song has been my jam ever since it came out, it's her signature sound with some new elements in it, the whole album is like that which I really appreciate

2. Sober 10/10 - another perfect track, good paced, great lyrics, pure heaven

3. Homemade Dynamite 9/10 - a really great song, not as perfect as the first two, but I love it, especially the "we're really gonna blow" part

4. The Louvre 9/10 - "broadcast the boom boom boom and then make them all dance to it" :giveup: and the harmonies are flawless :nick:

5. Liability 8/10 - this song has got some really great lyrics, but slows the tempo of the album a little, which is not a bad thing, but I like the faster songs more

6. Hard Feelings/Loveless 9/10 - Loveless is a pure 10, Hard feelings are great, but not as epic, love the distorted sounds though

7. Sober II (Melodrama) 10/10 - the sounds in this song are just perfect, 100% on point with the lyrics

9. Writter in the Dark 9/10 - again, a great ballad, no need to say more

10. Supercut 10/10 - :giveup::firega: this is one of the best songs that I EVER heard, not just the best song on the album, you rarely find such a realatable lyrics as "in my head I do everything right" :giveup::heart: the song speaks through my soul :nick:

11. Liability (reprise) 8/10 - I find this song a little bit unneccessary, but I love the idea of a song cut in two half across the album

12. Perfect Places 10/10 - another pure perfection, such a great vibe to the song, a perfect closing song

Overall: 9.3/10 - coherent, new sound while staying true to her previous one, pure perfection, great experimenting, I'm gonna be hooked for a pretty long time :giveup:

Congrats Lorde, this album will go down in history :applause:

ItsTommyBitch

GIRLS BUY THE AUTOGRAPHED LITHOGRAPH + DIGITAL ALBUM :giveup: 

https://lorde.store/

Next 24 hours of purchases will all be signed as far as I believe :pray: 

I now have bought a physical copy, digital copy and will be buying a vinyl when it is released :poot: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

sipthistea
On 15/06/2017 at 8:28 PM, Scar97 said:

This album is absolutely phenomenal. For me it's the best pop release since 1989. It's so cohesive and fresh. It's great lyrically and from a production standpoint. 

1989 is basic and boring. Sorry not sorry. Witness>>>>

Scar97
12 hours ago, sipthistea said:

1989 is basic and boring. Sorry not sorry. Witness>>>>

Witness is the kind of album in which you read the song title and know that word is going to be the brunt of the chorus 

• 7 months later...
youandi

Dunno if it's a bit naughty resurrecting this thread but I couldn't find anywhere else worth talking about it and I just really wanted to share my love and thoughts. 

This album is phenomenal. Such a solid pop record that stands as a whole body of work, rather than just a collection of songs made to be singles. When I first listened, not being a massive fan or anything, i thought it was enjoyable but not as special as it had been made out to be and a bit too much like someone had splashed Pure Heroine with colour. I soon realised it really is such a grower; I know everyone consumes music differently but I really think it's the kind of album that needs a few listens to really take it in. I still think it's got similarities to Pure Heroine but they really feel deliberate and almost a response to that album. 
The songs are so rich with the story it paints and the duality of it referencing her break up, as well as her relationship with herself. I really do think the album deserved AOTY but awards don't mean everything so it doesn't matter. 

The one issue I do have with the album is that I think the track order could have been better, I know artists put a lot of thought into their tracklists but it doesn't make sense to me with in context of the narrative she's spoke of, or at least my interpretation of the album. I currently have it at 

1. Sober - Being too involved with something you know maybe isn't what it really is. 

2. Liability - Break down which leads to self evaluation. Song about the self and how other see you and their influence.

3. Green Light - About her heartbreak. Dancing while hurting, making the most of sadness before getting better. 

4. Hard Feelings / Loveless - Continuing evaluation on her emotional situation. It feels like a conversation.

5. Writer In The Dark - This just screams passion and sadness to me. The ultimate sadness before letting go. 

6. Sober II (Melodrama) Anger? Maybe at life and it's dramatics. 

7. Supercut - Final acceptance, looking back and feeling ok about it all and yourself. 

8. Liability (Reprise) - Being less tough on your self. The start feels as if it has to be after Supercut, like the official tracklist. 

9. Homemade Dynamite - Hmm, in narrative sense, this should maybe be at the start. But could signify new beginnings. 

10. The Louvre - Again, with it being about her ex (most likely) makes sense to be closer to the start, but works in the sense that there's something new and wonderful happening. That guitar at the end is amazing. 

11. Perfect Places - Great song about enjoying your self and such, and again at the end not over thinking. I think Supercut could have been a good closer, but the little reprise of Green Light at the end of this has to close the album I think. 

Anyone else ordered it in a different way? 

9 minutes ago, youandi said:

Dunno if it's a bit naughty resurrecting this thread but I couldn't find anywhere else worth talking about it and I just really wanted to share my love and thoughts. 

This album is phenomenal. Such a solid pop record that stands as a whole body of work, rather than just a collection of songs made to be singles. When I first listened, not being a massive fan or anything, i thought it was enjoyable but not as special as it had been made out to be and a bit too much like someone had splashed Pure Heroine with colour. I soon realised it really is such a grower; I know everyone consumes music differently but I really think it's the kind of album that needs a few listens to really take it in. I still think it's got similarities to Pure Heroine but they really feel deliberate and almost a response to that album. 
The songs are so rich with the story it paints and the duality of it referencing her break up, as well as her relationship with herself. I really do think the album deserved AOTY but awards don't mean everything so it doesn't matter. 

The one issue I do have with the album is that I think the track order could have been better, I know artists put a lot of thought into their tracklists but it doesn't make sense to me with in context of the narrative she's spoke of, or at least my interpretation of the album. I currently have it at 

1. Sober - Being too involved with something you know maybe isn't what it really is. 

2. Liability - Break down which leads to self evaluation. Song about the self and how other see you and their influence.

3. Green Light - About her heartbreak. Dancing while hurting, making the most of sadness before getting better. 

4. Hard Feelings / Loveless - Continuing evaluation on her emotional situation. It feels like a conversation.

5. Writer In The Dark - This just screams passion and sadness to me. The ultimate sadness before letting go. 

6. Sober II (Melodrama) Anger? Maybe at life and it's dramatics. 

7. Supercut - Final acceptance, looking back and feeling ok about it all and yourself. 

8. Liability (Reprise) - Being less tough on your self. The start feels as if it has to be after Supercut, like the official tracklist. 

9. Homemade Dynamite - Hmm, in narrative sense, this should maybe be at the start. But could signify new beginnings. 

10. The Louvre - Again, with it being about her ex (most likely) makes sense to be closer to the start, but works in the sense that there's something new and wonderful happening. That guitar at the end is amazing. 

11. Perfect Places - Great song about enjoying your self and such, and again at the end not over thinking. I think Supercut could have been a good closer, but the little reprise of Green Light at the end of this has to close the album I think. 

Anyone else ordered it in a different way? 

Yeah I thought that too, that the order should be different to tell the party story...but I'm guessing you are supposed to play it on shuffle and build a story from that :duck::ladyhaha: jk

So can we appreciate this album and praise it again? Please and thanks :gaysia:

What if tomorrow I see you again? Should I say that I used to love you?

Anderson123

It truly is a masterpiece. As much as I like Bruno and 24k Magic (I recently started listening to him again after feeling saturated by his voice being on the radio all the time) but I really don't like that they picked that as the Album of the Year. Sure, it is the most popular one but Melodrama SHOULD HAVE won. Bruno winning is like Rihanna winning. They make catchy music and sure it's a great throwback but that's it, it's not that deep.

I think this is what Beyoncé's fans felt last year when 25 won over Lemonade. :toofunny:

Archived