2 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Yes I agree, I hated ARTPOP when it first came out and now I love it:giveup:

Can't relate :awkney:

I'm the b*tch with the sauce, apparently

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonzi

This is true. I wasn't a big fan of ARTPOP back then but I am now. I even think Aura is one of Gaga's best songs...ever.

Chromatislaps

BTW and TFM aged better, but yeah I keep listening to ARTPOP songs :lolly: 

DeanWinchester

Let the revisionist history of ARTPOP begin :applause:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

juju

I mean, we been knew :reductive: 

To be frank, the media only ripped it apart because it was a Lady Gaga album, not because of the album itself. It has little to no filler, and here in 2017 the music is more current than it was in 2013. It truly was ahead of its time, naturally people are now going to realize that - and the sound of Joanne only highlights that even more: that ARTPOP truly was monumental, and will be remembered for being bold and not compromising like many of the pop girls are doing these days. :reductive: 

❤ x ❤

blackpink

It's so true. I wasn't as fond of ARTPOP back then as I am now. I was a casual listener back then. 

But now I can truly appreciate it, I wish I did sooner.

Donatella, Fashion!, Dope, Gypsey and Do What U Want are highlights for me. 

xoxo Craig
25 minutes ago, Johny Wayne said:

Can't relate :awkney:

Honestly, in 2013/14 I only liked the singles - Applause, Do What You Want and G.U.Y:selena: I began to appreciate the album more in 2015 and last year I loved all of the album, except for ARTPOP title track. That is still boring as hell!

End Racism Now

TeenIdle

No lies detected. The bops never die :rockstar:

To be honest a part of this comes from the fact that the new tropical house sound is sh!t and it really makes EDM shine.

Dutch

The new trend after the endless tropical house trend, will exactly sound like ARTPOP and I'm not even kidding. Release 'Gypsy' as the lead single of ARTPOP ACT II EP, Queen. :selena:

Dutch

Btw. For me personally ARTPOP never aged. I loved it from the beginning and it still sounds fresh to me and I still love it the same.

bumblebee

I have to disagree. I know I have a big storm coming and therefore, let me say that there a couple of songs off the album which have become my all-time Gaga favourites.

HOWEVER

As a record, as an album that is not supposed to be just a random collection of songs but rather, as Gaga herself stated in BBC Radio 1 show, "a whole piece of music that is meant to be heard in its entirety" ARTPOP is a very flawed effort that lacks cohesiveness of her previous LPs. 

The record has Do What U Want, MANiCURE, Dope, Gypse, Applause which are really old-school tracks with evident influences from the music of the past. Remember how everybody said that Gaga was going so 80s when Born This Way (the album) was released? And that there was the 70s glam on The Fame? Well, these 5 tracks of ARTPOP are clearly resembling her traditional manner of composing and writing, when she doesn't hide the fact that she is musically very defined by her initial sonical inspirations.   

But then there are all the other tracks where it seems like she wanted to try to be pushy and original with electronic music. Saying that the record was an "electronic candy" and that you need hq speakers to listen to it and etc. I kind of feel that these electronic songs were a sort of responsive behaviour from her. Remember how a lot of her fans were slightly disappointed with the heavy retro-taste of Born This Way? How a lot of us didn't seem to find those "sledge-hammering dance beats" she promised? And then there was this general idea, which was very broadly copied and translated on the forums and LM.com that her next record was meant to be her first musically progressive? How we all thought that ARTPOP was supposed to be her "Ray of Light", something electronic and fresh rather than 80s, 90s or 70s? And I think she tried to deliver that, but I personally don't cherish it a lot. I think that on that electronic side of ARTPOP, she lost melodies to the buzzy production, not to mention that both, Aura and Donatella were recorded using non-original instruments, making G.U.Y. the only song she truly wrote together with Zedd. And nothing from what she has paired on with Zedd managed to outweigh his solo efforts, Clarity seems better than most of the songs he did with Gaga. 

And don't get me wrong, I think that Swine is a great electronic song from Gaga, but it can't improve the overal quality of the other tracks. To me, those five "old school tracks" seem like an A-side of ARTPOP, and the rest feels like a "B-side". Those two parts of the record don't communicate and don't need each other, they are like separate pieces of music. And for me it's still her weakest effort which ironically contains some of her timeless songs. 

ARTPOP  is  a fierce & honest  EDM  album.(Witness is just a "conscious" pop album)

ARTPOP is the album that makes me wanna dance,and fills me up with high energy levels and passion.

The lyrics are theatrical ,catchy and funny.

Amazing production and her vocal soulful,sexy,rock,hypnotic,raw etc.

The most underrated album of the millenium,indeed.

The melody that you choose ,can rescue you

ARTPOP

crisTEAne
56 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

And don't get me wrong, I think that Swine is a great electronic song from Gaga, but it can't improve the overal quality of the other tracks. To me, those five "old school tracks" seem like an A-side of ARTPOP, and the rest feels like a "B-side". Those two parts of the record don't communicate and don't need each other, they are like separate pieces of music. And for me it's still her weakest effort which ironically contains some of her timeless songs. 

i'm sorry, did you just say that venus was a B-side track? 

giphy.gif

are you INSANE? 

xIjLXh5.gif

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Zombie

It sounds like just one person worked in the production of the album, i don't know, is not very rich

Archived