💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Gaga has officially spent over 250 weeks in the UK top 40

BibleThisWay

Featured Posts

ElectricAlley

Wow, the cure release was worth it for its success in the UK alone. I think was the hit that million reasons wasn't. 

BibleThisWay
14 minutes ago, Parach said:

Ed She Ran - Since ever and forever 

Adele - Since ever and forever 

Ed - 414 weeks

Adele - 224 weeks. 

Adele's never really been a singles artist. She releases massive singles but doesn't release that many actual singles (i.e. video, promo etc.)

LaLuna

The fact that PI and MR only spent 1 week in the top 40 :saladga:

People wouldn't know good music if it hit them in the face.

Sakrai
33 minutes ago, BibleThisWay said:

Ed - 414 weeks

Adele - 224 weeks. 

Adele's never really been a singles artist. She releases massive singles but doesn't release that many actual singles (i.e. video, promo etc.)

Unlikely. A year has 52 weeks so for Ed to have been 414 weeks on the top charts he would have to have a song in the top 40 every single week for 8 years. His debut album came out in 2011 so how is this possible? :oprah:

Fake News!

Oh, I'm just visiting-

BibleThisWay
1 minute ago, Rescued said:

Unlikely. A year has 52 weeks so for Ed to have been 414 weeks on the top charts he would have to have a song in the top 40 every single week for 8 years. His debut album came out in 2011 so how is this possible? :oprah:

Fake News!

Idk if you're trolling or not :awkney:

Anyways - it counts as multiple weeks if you have more than 1 song in the top 40 at once. Like he would have gotten 16 weeks in the top 40 that week his whole album charted 

Sakrai
Just now, BibleThisWay said:

Idk if you're trolling or not :awkney:

Anyways - it counts as multiple weeks if you have more than 1 song in the top 40 at once. Like he would have gotten 16 weeks in the top 40 that week his whole album charted 

Not trolling. Just ignorant about the way the charting system works. :selena:
Your explanation sounds completely absurd to me but I wouldn't really put it past them to do it like that. I mean, a week spent on the top 40 chart should count as 1 week regardless of whether you have 1 or 40 singles within the top 40, this is just common sense. Thanks for the explanation anyway. :diane:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

BibleThisWay
1 minute ago, Rescued said:

Not trolling. Just ignorant about the way the charting system works. :selena:
Your explanation sounds completely absurd to me but I wouldn't really put it past them to do it like that. I mean, a week spent on the top 40 chart should count as 1 week regardless of whether you have 1 or 40 singles within the top 40, this is just common sense. Thanks for the explanation anyway. :diane:

That's the way they work. It makes sense to me. For example if Poker Face and Bad Romance were in the top 40 together that should count as 2 weeks as opposed to 1. It's more of a total of all an artist's songs rather than the artist themselves

ALGAYDO
16 minutes ago, chiuga said:

DWUW spent longer time than Applause. The hit that got away. 

Don't remind me. I'm still so damn pressedT about it... I don't think I'll ever be over this tragedy :neyde:

Sakrai
Just now, BibleThisWay said:

That's the way they work. It makes sense to me. For example if Poker Face and Bad Romance were in the top 40 together that should count as 2 weeks as opposed to 1. It's more of a total of all an artist's songs rather than the artist themselves

Yeah I think it all comes down to the wording of it. If we're talking about the amount of weeks an "artist" has spent within the top 40, then I think it shouldn't work like that. An artist is the person spending the week within the top 40 regardless of the amount of singles. However if you say "amount of weeks *artist*'s singles have spent in the top 40" then I think it would make sense to count a week for every single. 
I don't know about chartings and I found it confusing when you posted it. It just feels a bit misleading when they mix up artist and artist's singles. In any case bigger numbers look better on an artist so I understand why they do it like this, but it's not a bit deal either way. I disagree with the way it works but life goes on right? :selena:

Oh, I'm just visiting-

Archived