💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was 'Perfect Illusion' The Best Lead Single?

Music

Was 'Perfect Illusion' the best lead single?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. choose one:

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Zombie

No, but since the album doesnt have potential lead singles, i think it was the best option, The Cure as a lead single would be 1000 better and still come short

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killa

I've changed my mind too many times

But i think the debut of the album should have been done with Diamond Heart

It had the most potential for an easy going, fast paced movie

I think also Ayo, Ayo the lead single sent for radio but a videoclip compassing both songs.

Omg i haven't listened to these songs in so long. Ayo is so good, compared to how good it is, it's probably the most underrated song from her catalogue. Since BTW the songs are badly mixed, overproduced and many dont quite dont go where they need to go. Ayo is perfect, every single sound

HairBow

I've grown more fond of Perfect Illusion over the past several months/almost a year.  However, I still don't think it worked as a lead single for the album.

Diamond Heart would have been my pick for first single, as it represents the album well AND it's a freaking bop. I also think that A-Yo, Joanne, and Million Reasons would have worked really well for the lead single as well ... But Diamond Heart is my first choice.  It really is an "anthem" type of song, and it would have stood out compared to other pop songs that have been out recently.

3 hours ago, RonnieGagz said:

Diamond Heart would be an iconic first single. Still don't know how her label choose Perfect Illusion instead, even if its a great song its not first single material 

3 hours ago, slayo said:

I can't help but think Diamond Heart would have been a great, fitting lead single.

I hope you guys heard clean version od DH :awkney: 

can u imagine THAT on radio?! As "comeback single" :madge: 

no fkn way... 

maybe if they edited better clean version or put "man" instead of a$$hole or smth idk 

but with this clean edit 

i would leave this fanbase 

Its just... embarrassing :excuseu:

slayo
4 minutes ago, lmxoxo said:

no fkn way... 

maybe if they edited better clean version or put "man" instead of a$$hole or smth idk 

but with this clean edit 

leave then

Make it stupid!

NIghtmareElm

DIC.  People kind of wanted that from Gaga.  It's pretty risky but so was songs like Bad Romance.  A lot of people love Alejandro and it kinda has that vibe to it. 

Jorge Gonzalez Varela

No that song sucks! It's her worst

Here's to our brand new start, I won't be waiting for nothing. I'll mend the broken parts. Pick up the pieces,

RonnieGagz
2 hours ago, lmxoxo said:

no fkn way... 

but with this clean edit 

If you would leave the fan base just because Gaga released a explicit single I don't know why are you here tbh. Oh and lets not forget that DWUW is a explicit song.

But yes, of course she would release a clean version for the single. That's obvious.

Now: Diamond Heart is one of Gaga's best songs and you will deal. One of the best productions on the album and awesome lyrics. 

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

6 hours ago, slayo said:

leave then

4 hours ago, RonnieGagz said:

If you would leave the fan base just because Gaga released a explicit single I don't know why are you here tbh. Oh and lets not forget that DWUW is a explicit song.

But yes, of course she would release a clean version for the single. That's obvious.

Now: Diamond Heart is one of Gaga's best songs and you will deal. One of the best productions on the album and awesome lyrics. 

You dont understand me 

i love this song and it would be great as single

BUT you just cant send THAT clean version of the song to the radio with that sound of dying cat over word ASSHOLE 

androiduser

absolutely NOT..... after a very positive few years an public interest and respect for Gaga , the song did nothing for her career, and it failed as a single and it prevented the album for doing even better than it did. A stronger lead would have made Joanne more successful.

President Trump

Obviously not commercially but I think it was the best artistically.

Ma ma pa pa pa

Perfume

John Wayne would've been an amazing lead single, if MR was the lead single I can only IMAGINE the meltdowns

an angel held me like a child

Reginald

Gaga: Releases Perfect Illusion,  promotes A-Yo instead.  It would have been great as a lead,  I think it's what Gaga would have preferred.

Archived