Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was 'Perfect Illusion' The Best Lead Single?

Music

Was 'Perfect Illusion' the best lead single?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. choose one:

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15jocart

I s2g.....MR did well and now everyone's like "it should have been the lead" but I guarantee you that if it was actually the lead, the meltdowns would have been like none other....

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

rumours

Of course not. 

The Angel Down dubstep remix was the true lead single that got away :lana:

Bradley
17 hours ago, HolyFool said:

Perfect Illusion is great, but I do not think it's a good representation of the overall sound of Joanne. It lead me to believe the album would be more rock (similar to BTW). John Wayne or Dancin' in Circles would've made a better lead single.

Gaga already said in an interview that Perfect Illusion was not indicative of the entire sound of the album.

yASSsss

I love PI and it's one of the best song she's ever made but it should've been kept as an album track.A-Yo or Diamond Heart would've worked better as the lead single,imo . 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

ElectricAlley

I think that diamond heart would have been a great lead, but I think the best representation of the album would have been to release million reasons or Joanne as the lead. Having perfect illusion as the lead made me hate the song to be honest. It's a good song, but giving it all the pressure as the lead made it feel like I had to force myself to like it, just because it was the first song gaga released in years. 

Antonio

My second choice right after A-YO

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

aaronyoji

y'all saying million reasons but everyone would've flipped their **** if the first taste of the album was a ballad, let alone her most country sounding ballad. 

perfect illusion OR diamond heart would've been amazing, i don't think anything else would've been as much of a bang. 

• 1 month later...
Phoebe Buffay

A-YO was the best choice but it's Gaga's team and label after all.. What do you expect?:selena:

RAMROD

It must be Born This Way so no :sis:

PI is 2nd best :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived