💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was 'Perfect Illusion' The Best Lead Single?

Music

Was 'Perfect Illusion' the best lead single?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. choose one:

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Music

what do you think?
was Perfect Illusion the best lead single for Joanne?

if not, what should have been the lead single?

discuss below!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mythos

I love the song, but i'm gonna say no, because she didn't seem to be into it at ALL. Million Reasons would be better, cause she loves that song. 

My Enigma Heart

Not really, but I also wouldn't mind if Just Another Day is the lead single. :poot:

Anveeroy
Just now, ElTommyGonzales said:

Not really, but I also wouldn't mind if Just Another Day was the lead single. :poot:

:what:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

JgHaus78

The lead single should have been one of the first four tracks off Joanne. Diamond Heart or John Wayne as the lead single and Joanne or A-YO as a B-side promo single 

HolyFool

Perfect Illusion is great, but I do not think it's a good representation of the overall sound of Joanne. It lead me to believe the album would be more rock (similar to BTW). John Wayne or Dancin' in Circles would've made a better lead single.

OOPS22

People were expecting a pop sounding single from her. I think A-YO should have been the lead single. 

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

AlexanderMagno

No, I still think this era should have Million Reasons as the lead. It was more "expected" and it would be the ultimate Gaga step to become more recognized in the industry. After Cheek to Cheek, TIHTY, National Anthem, she needed a song that would say the world "this is my voice, this is my own music, I also have "quality music" on my own". Didn't happen.

Lucas

There's no lead single material on the album I think

1 minute ago, HolyFool said:

Dancin' in Circles would've made a better lead single.

It's even less a good representation of Joanne than Perfect Illusion, considering the music, lyrics & genre of this song

beboskoukla

i think John Wayne or Million Reasons as lead singles would have been PERFECT.

xoxo, Katarina

RonnieGagz

Diamond Heart would be an iconic first single. Still don't know how her label choose Perfect Illusion instead, even if its a great song its not first single material 

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

slayo

I can't help but think Diamond Heart would have been a great, fitting lead single.

Make it stupid!

MaryJaneHolland

A-YO, because it's an earworm and perfectly captures the country sound she was channeling on the album.

Archived