💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Will witness have an updated, lower projection?

CheapGin

Featured Posts

CheapGin

"Katy Perry’s Witness album is on course for a No. 1 debut on the Billboard 200 chart, according to industry forecasters. Those in the know suggest the set, which was released on June 9 through Capitol Records, could launch atop the chart with between 200,000 and 225,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending June 15."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7825759/katy-perry-witness-debut-billboard-200-chart

this initial projection didn't account for the Tony awards, which prompted the Dear Evan Hansen album sales to rise, and also SZA took over the #1 spot on iTunes the day after Witness was released, and has been ahead of it since. There's currently a spoken word album outcharting all 3 mentioned above... I still think Katy will pull #1, but the prediction maybe is inflated because of high volume first day sales that are normal for someone with a sizable fan core.

Joanne's prediction went up various times in its first week because of Gaga's high quality promo :classy: but Katy's marketing seems to be focused on damage controlling her public image, not the music.

venusfly

Katy's sales are highly inflated because of the tour bundle, so I think 200k is accurate. 

You guys really want her to flop, I see

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Phoenix

It wont go lower cause 70-80% of the prediction is from ticket bundle, and those tickets are already purchased.

💎

Luke78619

I'm still slightly annoyed that the album sales include those with the tickets :nails:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

CheapGin

http://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=306988

I was correct it seems :reductive:

but for the record I'm not comparing for the purpose of competition. I love gaga and have always enjoyed Katy more than I've been quick to admit, I think it is interesting to see where they're at in their careers because they have had similar release schedules for the entirety of them, kind of switching places as far as popularity. I think it's also fair to say Katy is one Album cycle behind Gaga as far as GP consumption.

Teenage Dream/Complete Confection = The Fame/Monster

Prism = Born This Way

Witness = ARTPOP

(I love One of the Boys, my fave Katy album, but it was more of a slow cooking success that set her up for her massive era. Gaga hit massive sooner.

All of that said, with Katy's tour bundle included in sales, considering Joanne's genre risks/Gaga's public image going into Joanne vs Katy's public image going into Witness, it is interesting to see that Joanne ultimately had a stronger debut in a comparable sales climate.

Archived