SXXXDREAMS
1 hour ago, SlayGagaloo said:

wrong thread? 👀 :laughga:

lol yeah sorry :/ 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FinnishGypsy

Okay, I'm seriously starting to get frustrated about "The Cure" at this point, and I honestly never let myself become bothered when it comes to chart performance or anything else that's out of my hands, for that matter. And maybe it's just because I'm currently taking a doctoral course over functional neuroanatomy, and it's so difficult that I'm now purposefully only learning what's necessary in order to perform a self-lobotomy; however, I still think Gaga has some culpability with regard to the fragility of my current mental state.

I mean, come on. This is one of the absolute easiest potential smash hits Gaga has ever had. I mean, she has not held a single televised performance of the song, has not released a music video, and waited weeks after the song's "debut" just to upload a lyric video wherein it's ocularly impossible to actually read the lyrics.

In short, Gaga has literally only sung this single out loud, in public, as in, in front of OTHER PEOPLE, on exactly two occasions; one of which was available for streaming well past midnight on a weekend night, while the second incident wasn't seen anywhere beyond the scope of the tunnel vision amongst the wasted audience in attendance. 

And yet, it has been #1 on iTunes, WORLDWIDE, multiple times. Its streams and radio reception were much stronger than that of the singles which Gaga actually promotes. Despite all her attempts to make the song slip quietly into the night, it gave Gaga her first top 10 hit in Australia in six years. The last time I went on RateTheMusic, TC was listed as #1 on Top 40.

And now, even as the song continues waiting to be so much as acknowledged by Gaga in passing, Billboard rates it as the 16th best song of the year?! When it's been out for over 50 days and increasingly being treated like a secret child born out of wedlock in the 1800's? For god's sakes, BB ranked it exactly two times higher than "Shape of You," which is the epitome of "radio-friendly," and has absolutely dominated charts worldwide for months.

GAGA---JUST RELEASE A MV! It can be shitty; that didn't stop Edge of Glory from smashing! And go somewhere, anywhere on live television and just sing the damn song for the third time in your life! Please?! It can be Rachael Ray for all I care; you sing for three minutes while she cooks something boring for white people, and then you can disappear for the rest of the summer. But I cannot continue commuting to campus all summer when the radio's playlist is limited to that one Bruno Mars song that sounds exactly like all the other Bruno Mars songs. 

Princess Stache

It was ranked higher than Floped to the Rhythm and Shape of Poo. :derpga:

Judas Oyster
22 hours ago, Bradley said:

I haven't heard Calvin Harris's song but is it that good?

What are you waiting for! The album is gonna be pure groove! :) 

Archived