Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga will use her real name for credits in ASIB

JoanneMonster

Featured Posts

Gracious Gaga
55 minutes ago, Misaki said:

She should change it to "Lady Gaga aka Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta aka Xoxo Joanne aka Mother Monster aka Xoxo Gaga"

You forgot goddess of love

♥ Kindness Police.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

We've known this for a while, and I think this is an interesting decision. It's like she's trying to separate her musical career from this, almost wanting to be seen as a newcomer.

There are loads of misconceptions whenever it comes to Lady Gaga, you guys are well aware of that... I think it might have been a disservice to the film to market it as a Lady Gaga movie, as it could convey the wrong idea about what the film is about to some viewers who only have a superficial knowledge of her and would expect an over the top extravaganza from anything associated with that name. I think passing as a newcomer is also a way for her to somehow relieve some pressure off her shoulders and avoid ridiculous expectations made towards singers-turned-actresses - it is also a way of stepping back and letting the movie shine on its own, which is a pretty elegant move.

But nobody's stupid and by the time the movie comes out, there won't be any doubt left regarding who's starring in it. The people who will go see this film for Gaga won't need her name to show up on screen... For the ones who won't get the memo and will have no idea who Stefani Germanotta is, well, they'll see it free of any misconception, and might be pleasantly surprised after learning the identity of who they've been watching all along.

Born To Slay

They must think the public is obscenely stupid. I mean, I understand the nation elected Trump but even considering that, people will know before they buy tickets that it's Lady Gaga.

Werk

It will be all over media and promotions and etc. that will reveal this is Gags so basically the public should know :poot: 

holy scheisse

I like it. Stef is an actress. Gaga is one of ha characters :staymad: unfortunately :neyde:i once believed Gaga to be genuine lol

Korok

"Lady Gaga" looks tacky on the big screen. I like this idea very much. 

MonSwiftAnton
38 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

You forgot goddess of love

And Creative Rebellion :hor:

Edge Of Venus

I hate this idea. She should be proud of her own brand, instead of straying away from it simply to just earn some respect from the public.  

Brie Candy

It is a smart move tbh. And we will have more than one year until the premiere, with the huge marketing by Warner few people will see the movie without knowing that it is her

giskardsb
1 hour ago, Edge Of Venus said:

I hate this idea. She should be proud of her own brand, instead of straying away from it simply to just earn some respect from the public.  

It's not to gain respect it's to help the public unload preconceptions. 

3 hours ago, Misaki said:

She should change it to "Lady Gaga aka Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta aka Xoxo Joanne aka Mother Monster aka Xoxo Gaga"

Don't forget Mary Jane Holland and Jo Calderone

Edge Of Venus
4 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

It's not to gain respect it's to help the public unload preconceptions. 

Sorry but dropping the name that got you famous in order to "unload public preconception" is just degrading to your own brand. So now are we accepting that Gaga was just a persona? Weren't we all proud to say "Lady Gaga IS Lady Gaga!" during 2009~2011? Over the past few years people (her crew, her "friends", her fans) have been jumping off the Gaga ship and now even Stefani herself is doing it? She has successfully restored her image in the past two years as LADY GAGA, there is no need to hide it for this movie. Do you seriously think using her real name is going to change the public preconceptions? This is 2017, everyone will know it is Lady Gaga when they step into the theater. 

2 minutes ago, Edge Of Venus said:

Sorry but dropping the name that got you famous in order to "unload public preconception" is just degrading to your own brand.

Stefani went to acting school. Lady Gaga just gives that girl a chance to break through, since only Lady Gaga can understand how hard Stefani has worked.

Archived