💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Was Joanne a flop? (Be honest)

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan
Just now, androiduser said:

but The Cure didn't crack Top 10 in the official charts, being successful on iTunes for a few days is not the same as having an official Top 10 hit :huh:

Excuse me.. in the UK it was in the top 10 for at least a month.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser
Just now, theahsfan said:

Excuse me.. in the UK it was in the top 10 for at least a month.

it peaked at #19 on the official chart

theahsfan

it peaked at #19 on the official chart

Maybe, but on the iTunes chart it was in the top 10 for at least one month

androiduser

Maybe, but on the iTunes chart it was in the top 10 for at least one month

okay, but again, iTunes is not the official chart... it's definitely an indication of how well the song did, but we can't choose which chart we reference according to where she did better.

The Cure did OKAY, but for such a commercial radio song, not that well.

theahsfan

okay, but again, iTunes is not the official chart... it's definitely an indication of how well the song did, but we can't choose which chart we reference according to where she did better.

The Cure did OKAY, but for such a commercial radio song, not that well.

For a song that dropped out of nowhere and has virtually had no promotion, then it's done pretty well

androiduser

For a song that dropped out of nowhere and has virtually had no promotion, then it's done pretty well

sure, we can interpret it as we please...

YeehawKylie

My receipt is that I love the album and will never get tired of it. So no, it's not a flop cause it reached out to me, spoke to me, and made me self-reflect. It's cathartic to listen to and is fluid among different life situations I encounter, which is not something many albums can say (even those I love). So, screw the charts. I love it and that's enough. :whitney:

SpookyKid
1 hour ago, Albertodift said:

She cannot pull off visuals anymore

HA.

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

dit
1 hour ago, SpookyKid said:

HA.

This is an attempt to capture oldGa's essence but it fails. (especially the John Wayne MV..it was too chaotic and did not let you absorb the beautiful scenes and imagery that was there). There is no editing and no restraint..it's all over the place. 

The Coachella interludes or w/e are awesome! but they are not mvs...Gaga cannot properly execute an MV and that is that. 

Her music is still top notch, her live skills are amazing, her albums are great! Her more recent mvs? Just bad. plain and simple. 

And trust me I am a MASSIVE stan and fan and I always support her in literally everything. But I call a spade a spade and her mvs are lackluster. That does not remove the fact that she is incredibly talented and that I will stan her for as long as I live and for as long as she makes music. But to delude ourselves into thinking that Gaga gives good mvs or mvs at all lol (we got like 5 pop mvs since the 2013 ARTPOP era :air:) is ridiculous.

SpookyKid
1 minute ago, Albertodift said:

This is an attempt to capture oldGa's essence but it fails. (especially the John Wayne MV..it was too chaotic and did not let you absorb the beautiful scenes and imagery that was there). There is no editing and no restraint..it's all over the place. 

The Coachella interludes or w/e are awesome! but they are not mvs...Gaga cannot properly execute an MV and that is that. 

Her music is still top notch, her live skills are amazing, her albums are great! Her more recent mvs? Just bad. plain and simple. 

And trust me I am a MASSIVE stan and fan and I always support her in literally everything. But I call a spade a spade and her mvs are lackluster. That does not remove the fact that she is incredibly talented and that I will stan her for as long as I live and for as long as she makes music. But to delude ourselves into thinking that Gaga gives good mvs or mvs at all lol (we got like pop mvs since the 2013 ARTPOP era :air:) is ridiculous.

Well, I think that's a matter of taste, I think JW mv is up there with BR and Judas

dit
1 minute ago, SpookyKid said:

Well, I think that's a matter of taste, I think JW mv is up there with BR and Judas

I suppose you are right. It is a matter of taste and I respect your opinion and other monsters opinions who really do feel like it is classic Gaga and up there. I guess it achieved its goal if it satisfied a lot of you guys. 

SpookyKid
Just now, Albertodift said:

I suppose you are right. It is a matter of taste and I respect your opinion and other monsters opinions who really do feel like it is classic Gaga and up there. I guess it achieved its goal if it satisfied a lot of you guys. 

I do think it was done to satisfy Monsters that didn't like MR and PI (I love both videos personally)

GypsyBabe
3 hours ago, giskardsb said:

if you liked it, it wasn't a flop.  Fans don't need external validation for their music choices.

This. :tony:

⚯͛

dit
Just now, SpookyKid said:

I do think it was done to satisfy Monsters that didn't like MR and PI (I love both videos personally)

I actually feel like PI is her best MV in a while tbh. I know it is disliked by most but in my opinion it is her best Joanne MV. It is well shot, the sequences are really good, even the seizure inducing scenes are purposely made that way to fit the chaotic nature of the song. It is not meant to look beautiful it was meant to express the anger in the song so it really captured that properly. 

John Wayne was extremely underwhelming for me though and MR is just....BAD. I know the mv required simplicity but there is a way to properly execute simplicity and MR was not that (in my opinion of course!)

Arizona Sky

It was a moderate success.

#1 album, 530k pure sales in the US, 1.3M sold WW, spawned a single that sold 1M in the US alone and went Top 5, etc. Nothing like TFM but it was no where near being a flop.

Archived