💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Your favorite Gaga performances?

dit

Featured Posts

dit

What are some of your favorite Gaga live performances? Share a clip!

Jenina

These two are definitely my absolute favorites. The Metallica one was a dream of mine and Moth Into Flame was my favorite off the album but it's a shame the mic situation occurred. 

cool

dit
4 minutes ago, Jenina said:

These two are definitely my absolute favorites. The Metallica one was a dream of mine and Moth Into Flame was my favorite off the album but it's a shame the mic situation occurred. 

The American Idol performance is one of my favorite of all time! she owned that stage with no inhibition at all. She just unleashed herself. it was amazing :giveup:

GypsyBabe

These are just a few of mine. I tend to really gravitate towards PianoGa :heart:

⚯͛

kvnrp

MetalliGa, Super Bowl (duh), Every song she performed on piano in Japan :diane:

dit

@GypsyBabe omg seeing the MTV Applause one always triggers me because I think of how MTV did not let her do the performance she wanted and that's apparently/allegedly why she has not performed over there since that performance :grr:

GypsyBabe
5 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

@GypsyBabe omg seeing the MTV Applause one always triggers me because I think of how MTV did not let her do the performance she wanted and that's apparently/allegedly why she has not performed over there since that performance 

Wait really?! :gum:

⚯͛

GypsyBabe
9 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

MetalliGa, Super Bowl (duh), Every song she performed on piano in Japan

Isn't this the honest truth. :icega:

⚯͛

dit
10 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Wait really?! :gum:

yes :(

she wanted to do something really more dramatic and elaborate. There's a whole script thing that someone shared long ago of what she wanted it to be. It was literally going to be as iconic as the MTV Paparazzi performance. But for some reason they did not want to let her do it. 

That's why if you really pay attention to the Applause performance we did get it seems a little "simple" for a Gaga lead single performance (at least simple for a Gaga lead single performance at that time when she was still very extra). It also felt a little all over the place because it was essentially rushed. 

EDIT: found it!

Torture, floating performers, and Ron Athey -- all this and more were included in the original treatment for Lady Gaga's performance of "Applause" at the 2013 VMAs. Creative development and production company, Dissident -- a company that "converges at the intersecting realms of visual arts, film, music, fashion sport, emerging technology, and international event installation" -- have posted the case study on their website, revealing details from the original outline that MTV Networks turned down. Lady Gaga recently revealed that she wanted look alikes to wear her iconic looks from past music videos, but MTV also refused to let her carry out her vision. Check out the treatment below along with the original reference images and some rehearsal photos of the final product! CASE STUDY: BLACK AND RED INTO BLINDING WHITE LG begins on the center stage B below LED scoreboard, in a draped black gown (see reference image). The KAWS head turns to reveal a black backdrop (ex.: silk) stretched across the truss of the head. A red torture performance possibly involving artist Ron Athey (TO BE CONFIRMED) is displayed on an incline, with mirrored, bloody glass (see reference image). LG very slowly walks the catwalk to the main stage over a period of one minute and forty seconds. At 1:40 / as LG arrives at the black silk drop, it drops kabuki style and is immediately pulled offstage to reveal a blinding white paradise garden (see reference images), filled with LG performers, possibly floating or displayed on tall pedestals (see attached looks). At the same time as the black screen drops, LG’s black dress drops to reveal the same elegant gown in white. LG \begins to walk stage left across the stage in profile over the course of two minutes. As she crosses the torture figure, the dress turns red. At 3:13, LG begins to fly diagonally up stage right in front of the white garden. The song ends as she is still ascending diagonally above the garden. At 3:36 or the end of the song, there is a black out; she is lowered and the head turns back to original position for next act. The exact timing of the walk, if her song is to be preceded by other noise/white noise etc./prior to it starting, etc. is ytd.

there used to also be photos of the treatment for the performance here: http://www.dissidentusa.com/lady-gaga/vma-case-study/

they got taken down unfortunately :(

EDIT 2: found some of the reference photos they used for inspiration and sketches:

lg-rw-vma_2013-08-05_high-res-for-print-

lg-rw-vma_2013-08-05_high-res-for-print-

My Enigma Heart

My favorite is her AMAs 2013 "American-themed" performance. Her look was on point, the choreo was simply iconic and it was full of energy. Her finale where she sang acapella was amazing! It sent chills down my spine :tony:

tellemhone

Just some of my favourites, I probably missed a lot of them

:air: :air: :air:

GypsyBabe
7 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

yes

she wanted to do something really more dramatic and elaborate. There's a whole script thing that someone shared long ago of what she wanted it to be. It was literally going to be as iconic as the MTV Paparazzi performance. But for some reason they did not want to let her do it. 

That's why if you really pay attention to the Applause performance we did get it seems a little "simple" for a Gaga lead single performance (at least simple for a Gaga lead single performance at that time when she was still very extra). It also felt a little all over the place because it was essentially rushed. 

EDIT: found it!

Torture, floating performers, and Ron Athey -- all this and more were included in the original treatment for Lady Gaga's performance of "Applause" at the 2013 VMAs. Creative development and production company, Dissident -- a company that "converges at the intersecting realms of visual arts, film, music, fashion sport, emerging technology, and international event installation" -- have posted the case study on their website, revealing details from the original outline that MTV Networks turned down. Lady Gaga recently revealed that she wanted look alikes to wear her iconic looks from past music videos, but MTV also refused to let her carry out her vision. Check out the treatment below along with the original reference images and some rehearsal photos of the final product! CASE STUDY: BLACK AND RED INTO BLINDING WHITE LG begins on the center stage B below LED scoreboard, in a draped black gown (see reference image). The KAWS head turns to reveal a black backdrop (ex.: silk) stretched across the truss of the head. A red torture performance possibly involving artist Ron Athey (TO BE CONFIRMED) is displayed on an incline, with mirrored, bloody glass (see reference image). LG very slowly walks the catwalk to the main stage over a period of one minute and forty seconds. At 1:40 / as LG arrives at the black silk drop, it drops kabuki style and is immediately pulled offstage to reveal a blinding white paradise garden (see reference images), filled with LG performers, possibly floating or displayed on tall pedestals (see attached looks). At the same time as the black screen drops, LG’s black dress drops to reveal the same elegant gown in white. LG \begins to walk stage left across the stage in profile over the course of two minutes. As she crosses the torture figure, the dress turns red. At 3:13, LG begins to fly diagonally up stage right in front of the white garden. The song ends as she is still ascending diagonally above the garden. At 3:36 or the end of the song, there is a black out; she is lowered and the head turns back to original position for next act. The exact timing of the walk, if her song is to be preceded by other noise/white noise etc./prior to it starting, etc. is ytd.

there used to also be photos of the treatment for the performance here: http://www.dissidentusa.com/lady-gaga/vma-case-study/

they got taken down unfortunately

Awwww sh** 

:madge:

I still really like the performance that she did do though. She looked and sounded gorgeous. 

⚯͛

dit
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

Awwww sh** 

:madge:

I still really like the performance that she did do though. She looked and sounded gorgeous. 

same! I just think knowing that mtv messed her up pisses me off for some reason :'( 

I think i'm going to thread what I found! I think there are more members who did not know about this tbh

shame

The year she came to snatch at the Brits. :diane:

angels forever, forever angels

Archived